What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
That may be true but the labor party needs to

1. Lift their game adjust policy, fractionally

2. Ram home everything you said above :thumbsup:

My predicted:

Short term - Albo/Labor wont give the Libs many problems during the crisis. They will kindly point out problem, but they want people to realise gov is important and collective action works (these will favour Labor at the election)

Long term - Labor will hammer the Libs for the recession, unemployment and terrible state of our hospitals and gov services

From a political view, labor is doing well atm...

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
I dislike them but the Bulldogs won’t be going anywhere

The Bulldogs' football operations stemmed the bleeding slightly in 2019, but still racked up a near half-a-million dollar loss. Of more concern was the huge downturn the powerful Canterbury League Club suffered, falling from a $5 million profit in 2018 to register a $4.47 million loss just 12 months later. The football club's overall financial position is still bleak - it's $2.37 million in deficit - a figure offset by the asset-rich leagues club which reported it had $175 million in members' funds, aided by a $200 million-plus property portfolio.

I think you missed “for example”...

I just picked to random Sydney clubs to make the point that the ARLC wont play favorites. They will probably move whoever collapses.

_Johnsy

Referee
My predicted:

Short term - Albo/Labor wont give the Libs many problems during the crisis. They will kindly point out problem, but they want people to realise gov is important and collective action works (these will favour Labor at the election)

Long term - Labor will hammer the Libs for the recession, unemployment and terrible state of our hospitals and gov services

You can add the trip to Hawaii, then his office lying about it, the lying about Brian Houston, then the handling of the bushfires, not forgetting the 2 billion "notional" bushfire recovery fund that never was. Throw in the reactive measures (chasing their tail) during this pandemic. In short Australia will look back & think how the hell did we vote that bloke in. It will be a rout.

You can add the trip to Hawaii, then his office lying about it, the lying about Brian Houston, then the handling of the bushfires, not forgetting the 2 billion "notional" bushfire recovery fund that never was. Throw in the reactive measures (chasing their tail) during this pandemic. In short Australia will look back & think how the hell did we vote that bloke in. It will be a rout.

Nup. It’ll all be forgotten in two years time with Murdoch’s and we’ll vote the prick back in.

My predicted:

Labor will only win if this virus takes out enough franking credits-loving boomers.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Phew, thank goodness for that. We’ve all been massively over reacting. Just seen Trump tell us that the churches will be full at Easter and it will all be over in 19 days! He even said that more people die on the roads but we don’t close down the car building industry. Pure genius!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Nah, people will forget about that stuff. I doubt it will have much effect at the election (unless Labor try to weeve it into a Slippery Scott attack; "when the going gets tough, Scott goes missing").

The thing that will kill the Libs at the next election is that voter self-interest has shifted back to big government and good services. I can pretty much guarantee that will be Labors angle....

Nah, people will forget about that stuff. I doubt it will have much effect at the election (unless Labor try to weeve it into a Slippery Scott attack; "when the going gets tough, Scott goes missing"). The thing that will kill the Libs at the next election is that voter self-interest has shifted back to big government and good services. I can pretty much guarantee that will be Labors angle....

I don’t share your optimism, mate. People’s behaviour in super markets is proof that self-interest still reigns. Toilet paper hoarders vote LNP.