What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
“the amount of asbestos, which was found underground, is unlikely to be harmful to workers”

That’s reassuring lol.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
ORIGINS OF NEW STADIUM
0ef212df9d2e450188ffbf1a3596ea6b

Work starts on the Allianz Stadium site in Sydney ... ahead of schedule.
Work is finally under way on the foundations for the new Allianz Stadium at Moore Park … and is even ahead of schedule.

The fact no sport is being played next door at the SCG means builders don’t stop on event days.

Infrastructure NSW has also extended building work on Saturdays from 7am to 6pm to help stimulate the economy. It is hoped the 45,000-seater will be ready to host State of Origin in 2022.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...m/news-story/fc13e51ee9f83c4bf358a4670844cd6c

Saint Doc

Coach
Have they released what it will look like? Is it the same as the initial design, or has it changed with the new builders?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Not bad, but f*ck me this plan is such a shitshow....

It is taking a bad foundation and just putting bandages over everything. Not really pleasing anyone and guaranteeing that it will all be obsolete in 10 years.

Very Sydney.

looks like it will be on par with Suncorp, sure not world leading but until recently Suncorp was best stadium for RL in the country. Now the nrl and clubs that will use it need to get their act together to try and get decent crowds in it or we will have another anz that looks terrible with 2/3rds empty seats every game.

looks like it will be on par with Suncorp, sure not world leading but until recently Suncorp was best stadium for RL in the country. Now the nrl and clubs that will use it need to get their act together to try and get decent crowds in it or we will have another anz that looks terrible with 2/3rds empty seats every game.

Do we have faith in the SCG Trust to set reasonable ticket prices after this latest economic downturn?

TheRam

Coach

It will NEVER be consistently full because as usual it is in the wrong location. Mark my words. Tram, no tram, doesn't matter. Most people will need 2 to 3 different transports to get to it. That is not a good location makes. And good luck the Chooks getting the locals to attend in massive numbers on a consistent basis.

I've lived in the area virtually my entire life and I know the attitude of the locals when it comes to RL/chooks. It ain't a great and positive one. This Stadium needed to be somewhere that the wider community and tourists would feel they could attend without to much trouble. That hasn't been resolved almost at all.

After the first season of curious league and sports fans getting in to experience the new shiny bauble, the numbers will drop off considerably, except for the bigger games on show. Everyone will see how disinterested most in the area are towards RL in that area, Roosters winning shit or not. That stadium should have been built over Central Station as we have discussed here before. Well that birdie has now been lost forever.

T-Boon

Coach
I've got an idea, just copy the AFL model. No need to reinvent the fork. Just do it for F**k sake.

Yep. The Swans as much as I hate them should mentor the Roosters in how to do it.
Even the Waratahs. Look at Izzy. Spoke like he dropped out in primary school while he was with RL, within a week of being with the Tahs he spoke as if he was a Sydney University graduate.

magpie_man

Juniors
Yep. The Swans as much as I hate them should mentor the Roosters in how to do it.
Even the Waratahs. Look at Izzy. Spoke like he dropped out in primary school while he was with RL, within a week of being with the Tahs he spoke as if he was a Sydney University graduate.

I assume that a lot of the NRL players, like most of us, are hooked on 'The Last Dance'.
The contrast between the eloquence and insight of the NBA players compared to our mob is pronounced.
It's difficult to pinpoint exactly where the disparity is stemming from; you could argue different socio-economic and educational levels in the player pools but it doesn't really hold-up when you consider where many of the NBA players are coming from.
Perhaps it's because the NBA playing pool is funnelled through the American college system?
I suspect that a significant factor is culture. Rugby League in particular seems have really struggled to shake-off that great Australian bastion of Tall Poppy Syndrome. Whilst it can have its advantages, I don't particularly see any for a game that is already struggling with an uncouth, bogan, unsophisticated image.

Pj,Rj,Hj

Juniors
^^ Listen to Michael Jordan speak to the media at in the early years of his career to how he spoke in the later part. Both NRL and AFL have their natural player spokespersons but they also put some talented but shy/awkward or nervous young ones into the spotlight. Some begin to shine in the spokesman roles from initially being unintelligible.

unforgiven

Bench
I assume that a lot of the NRL players, like most of us, are hooked on 'The Last Dance'.
The contrast between the eloquence and insight of the NBA players compared to our mob is pronounced.
It's difficult to pinpoint exactly where the disparity is stemming from; you could argue different socio-economic and educational levels in the player pools but it doesn't really hold-up when you consider where many of the NBA players are coming from.
Perhaps it's because the NBA playing pool is funnelled through the American college system?
I suspect that a significant factor is culture. Rugby League in particular seems have really struggled to shake-off that great Australian bastion of Tall Poppy Syndrome. Whilst it can have its advantages, I don't particularly see any for a game that is already struggling with an uncouth, bogan, unsophisticated image.
I believe players attending college has a lot to do with this difference