What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

franklin2323

Immortal
Acquiring PL rights single-handedly gave Optus Sport its footing in Australia. If you think getting a streaming company, existing or startup, wouldn't be a good fit for RL, you're delusional.

How much does Optus pay for production though? DAZN are setting up too but will leave the production to be covered by NRL

Canard

Immortal
This is an odd take.

The stalking revelations came out today, and I think public opinion tide is now turning.

Prior to that if they didn't want him to get the 'woe is me' treatment, maybe the police officer involved shouldn't have been such a dickhead?

It's an odd timeline where you claim he's given a saloon ride when the facts aren't yet known.

The stalking allegations where released shortly after his arrest and well known to the media.

The cover-up is clear and calculated.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Adding what it costs for production need to clear $200m a year from streaming off the site. I don’t see that happening... doesn’t mean they shouldn’t run the site just limits the potential
OK.

NFL pass far from the bench mark.

You do not produce it, you license.

FFS.

I have no words anymore.

Buy an IP book.

Meanwhile worry about VFL.

(Not you in particular)

franklin2323

Immortal
OK.

NFL pass far from the bench mark.

You do not produce it, you license.

FFS.

I have no words anymore.

Buy an IP book.

Meanwhile worry about VFL.

(Not you in particular)

NFL game pass works because bigger population and several games on at the same time. Only true fans get it most just get normal TV coverage

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
NFL gamepass is amazing.
But CBS, ABC others produce.......

But can but direct.

As does NHL, which I buy now, love my Blackhawks.

Foxtel has NHL, but not when I want. They buy off CBS or someone, I can just watch my boys.

NHL owns the license, they do not employ camera people.

But hey, FTA is awesome...............................

their pet teams give them more eyeballs. more eyeballs mean they can charge higher for ad slots. selling ad slots is how an FTA TV network generates its revenue.

there seems to be this belief that a nine pays hundreds of millions of $$$ per year to show games with surplus money that has been sitting in kerry packers bellevue hill compound vault for the last 40 years.

if you don't like the games Nine picks to broadcast, your beef should be with the comp admin who gives them this control in the first place. this control was given up so Nine pay more, Nine attempt to maximise its return with higher audience share, and the NRL can piss away greater sums than it otherwise would have to piss away.

Oh yes, I'm sure some of the blockbusters of the past 12-24 months where it has been the team leading the comp v the wooden spooners has seem bumper ratings for Channel 9. Now true you can't predict where teams will be on the ladder, but when you continually pick say the Bulldogs when last year no one even their most die hard supporters would have said they would be contenders, so who is going to want to watch games involving them which would be one sided? That's more the point. Nine piock the same teams regardless of where people anyone would predict they would be in finals contention or not. Fact is when the draw was only partially fixed, how many times did they pick games which involved teams which would have no impact on the finals in those last 5-6 rounds of the year?

If you want eyeballs, people want to see quality games, not one sided slaughters, or boreathon grinding football.

seanoff

Juniors

But can but direct.

Foxtel has NHL, but not when I want. They buy off CBS or someone, I can just watch my boys.

Don’t wish to be a dick but fox and 9 don’t employ camera people either. They work for NEP mostly. ESP for sport.

T-Boon

Coach
Talking to Widdler tonight Vlandy's said: "the wrestle is the biggest blight on the game" (has anyone ever heard a CEO or board member say that???). He also told Politis not to "get emotional".

Haha. This guy might be the real deal.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Don’t wish to be a dick but fox and 9 don’t employ camera people either. They work for NEP mostly. ESP for sport.
Sure who cares who does the camera when you own the license.

I only know NFL and NHL.

How does EPL work?

Can I buy direct?

Again not you directly, if ask a question is it generally for anyone who can answer.

Facts I love, opinions welcome.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
Talking to Widdler tonight Vlandy's said: "the wrestle is the biggest blight on the game" (has anyone ever heard a CEO or board member say that???). He also told Politis not to "get emotional".

Haha. This guy might be the real deal.
Get ready for a lot more of it if we go to one ref.

unforgiven

Bench

But can but direct.

For the most of the games yes, but it also has NFL Network which is an NFL owned 24 hour NFL network owned and run by the NFL, it produces original content and shows content made by NFL films which is also owned by the NFL. The NFL network also has exclusive games, in 2019 some of the Thursday Night games were exclusive to NFL network.

The NFL does produce a lot of its own content, Hard Knocks, This Football life, Superbowl Champions are all NFL produced content. Last year there was a myriad of shows for the 100th season of pro football that was produced by the NFL.

NFL Redzone is also owned and produced by the NFL and it covers all Sunday games broadcast by the Networks and shows every touchdown from every game, it uses its own analysts.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal

But can but direct.

FTA sucks but the discussion is whether those people paying for Fox Sports/Kayo would pay direct for only NRL.

Latest posts