What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Coronavirus and NRL

Someone who loves RL should but back Big League and RLW rights from the NRL

There was nothing in Big League for 10 years.

All the news gossip team lists results and tables you needed are on the internet...especially on this website.

I religiously bought Big League for 5 years and probably never read it week to week. Stopped this year and recycled every issue back to 2004.

mongoose

Coach
youre kidding right? How many times has the mental health card been played by all sports stars including nrl players last few years? You can Go back to 2016 and Barba and the Thai rehab stint, and probably before that. Sure media beats up on rugby league but rather than blame afl for an easy ride maybe we need to take a good long hard look at ourselves and or inability to manage the media better and have a more positive relationship?

you only have to look at the Rowan Baxter incident and the media jumping on the ex NRL player angle as soon as the story broke. Do you think the same would have happened if he had an AFL background? I don't, I reckon it would have been hidden as much as possible. And no I don't think the NRL should be sucking up to the media to get preferential treatment. Besides isn't that what your mate V'landys has been doing?

King hit

Coach
That’s a shame I really enjoy the big league origin programs. Really good interviews, profiles and analysis.

YoHadrian

Juniors
That’s a shame I really enjoy the big league origin programs. Really good interviews, profiles and analysis.

They should just make it an app that you pay for, make it a real business & update the content daily & make it a proper NRL news site with interviews, match reports & team listings.

Frailty

First Grade
So I guess Nathan Cleary must be black too.

You're right... Nathan Cleary has been unfairly targeted for the following:
  • Driving a mercedes to training and 'getting swept up in the fast lane of big-city life'.
  • Being released and off-contract with manager shopping him to teams.
  • For being in an NRL commercial draped with a flag.
  • Being tired at first training session back - which every footballer has said they should be exhausted.
  • Being the only player named in a group of 4 who were tested for COVID-19
You're right. Poor little Nathan Cleary has definitely copped it after being caught out breaching social distance rules, and then caught lying about the extent.

Poor little Nathan.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good post.

Cover-up is strong, agreed. But they definitely ignored the aggressive stalking and poor behavior part of the story.

It's more they incredible sympathy that such behavior has been given in comparison to similar NRL coverage.
Should cut costs and just be League Magazine rather than Big League Magazine. Very bloated as it is.

Yeh 6 staff is outrageous, dont you know EPL only has 170 staff!

MilkShark

First Grade
Supercars, you actually consider watching cars go around and around the same track time after time after time more enjoyable to watch. Really I can't fathom that rationale, each to their own.
If you think cars racing around in circles is all that goes on in motor racing than I can understand why you don't like it.

League is a far simpler sport to understand

The unknown

Juniors
Now NSW might have to actually pick a better halfback to play origin...what a shame

I guess we’ll miss his defence

TIGER14

Bench
Cleary is lucky to only be getting 2 weeks. His actions have given ammunition to everyone saying the NRL shouldn't be restarting. Especially when the NRL is trying to negotiate a new broadcast deal, Nine and FOX would be doing everything they can to get a lower price - I can just about guarantee they would be pointing to negative incidents like this.

GongPanther

Referee
Cleary is lucky to only be getting 2 weeks. His actions have given ammunition to everyone saying the NRL shouldn't be restarting. Especially when the NRL is trying to negotiate a new broadcast deal, Nine and FOX would be doing everything they can to get a lower price - I can just about guarantee they would be pointing to negative incidents like this.
I thought he would have got 4-6 weeks. As far as the TV negotiations are concerned, they have just about wrapped them up, and it'll be business as usual. The revised draw should be out this Friday.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Should cut costs and just be League Magazine rather than Big League Magazine. Very bloated as it is.
Do you mean the magazine's size each week?

Because if you're talking about its staff, that's f**king hilarious :joy:

Do you mean the magazine's size each week?

Because if you're talking about its staff, that's f**king hilarious :joy:

I think everyone missed Silver's very bad joke he said it's bloated because it has the name "Big" in it (i.e. "Big League Magazine"). This by dropping the "Big" from the title it will no longer be bloated as it will no longer be "Big" but just "League Magazine".

It is not a great joke, but people really missed the point of that post.

Saxon

Bench
Jesus Josh. Man up and take some responsibility for your actions.

Deliberately breaking the law. That's a paddlin'.
Potentially exposing your family, friends and community to a killer disease. That's a paddlin'.
Risking the resumption of the NRL because of your choices. That's a paddlin'.

250px-That%27s_a_paddlin%27.png

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think everyone missed Silver's very bad joke he said it's bloated because it has the name "Big" in it (i.e. "Big League Magazine"). This by dropping the "Big" from the title it will no longer be bloated as it will no longer be "Big" but just "League Magazine".

It is not a great joke, but people really missed the point of that post.
Whoooosh