What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

simmo1

First Grade
Haven't watched any of the Warne interview. Is there anything new or is it the same bunch of stories that get rehashed every summer (baggy green, Gatting ball, 1999 WC etc)?

simmo1

First Grade
Random cricket thought of the day;

Remember during the first season of Ten covering the BBL they put d-grade celebrities on a scaffolding platform in the crowd and if they caught a six a home viewer won money? And then not a single six landed in the same postcode as one of them for the entire tournament?

What a ride that was.

From memory it was always square of the wicket too. Surely to even give it half a chance you put it behind mid on.

Random cricket thought of the day;

Remember during the first season of Ten covering the BBL they put d-grade celebrities on a scaffolding platform in the crowd and if they caught a six a home viewer won money? And then not a single six landed in the same postcode as one of them for the entire tournament?

What a ride that was.

Yep, pretty sure Tom Raudonikis got a run up there once.

Makes me think of other promotions..

Hit the Mercantile Mutual sign
The bullseye shirts at the 2015 WC in NZ was probably the best one.. XXXX gold cap one during the Ashes here a few years ago was a weak replica,

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yep there was Tommy at a Heat game, from memory they also had Russell Gilbert down in Melbourne, a few other celebrities plus former AFL players. I think the only other League legend would've been the Axe. Wouldve been a good concept if anyone actually caught one.

Bring back hitting the signs.

Back on the Warne week, haven't watched any interviews but notice theyre showing his favourite games, him and Howie introduce them

They're all classics, but Warne's seems to forget minor parts. For instance he says the year 93/94 when he took his hattrick, in actual fact it was 94/95. Then he introduces the game of his best figures in 94/95. He thought it was the game where Hussain sent Australia into bat. Nasser was obviously not captain and didn't actually tour that summer.

Still it was nice to see things didn't change for a period, Poms embarrassing themselves in the first test at the Gabba.

Had a mate who collects cricket autos check this out. He says...

Top picture
Shane Harwood
Grant Lambert
Phil Jaques
Dan Christian

Bottom Picture
Moises Henriques
Andrew McDonald
Mark Cameron
Doug Bollinger
Ben Rohrer
George Bailey
Peter Forrest

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Fox have had the 2003 WC game vs England on....so many people underrate Andy Bichel and unfairly malign Bevan, but watching the game again all these years later my god they were awesome.

Hahaha Bic slog-sweeping Jimmy Anderson over midwicket for six is still one of my favourite cricket memories