What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket Crap

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
McKirk needs to get some consistency, he can fire up nut he's more cold than hot

TheParraboy

Staff member
Why would bowlers bother

Starc says hello..

Bugs Bunny Money GIF by Looney Tunes

undertaker

Coach
Seriously the IPL has become a Stick Cricket joke.

Seeing some of the scores is just garbage and not proper cricket.

Why would bowlers bother may as well plonk a bowling machine there
100% agree with you.

Although there are venues such as Chennai/Mumbai/Bengalaru where it's not possible to do so, the newer stadiums such as Ahmedabad and Lucknow have the boundary rope at least 10 metres or more in from the fence. There is definitely more than enough room at those newer venues to push the ropes back.

If the organizers aren't going to push the boundary ropes back, then the pitches need to be juiced up a bit to at least give the bowlers something to work with, because this situation of teams scoring, let alone CHASING DOWN 261 in a T20 match is an utter joke. 7 times so far (IIRC) has a team scored 250+ in this year's IPL alone, let alone multiple 200+ scores. The BCCI might as well just forget about bowlers and put a fixed bowling machine down the other end of the pitch.

Sadly, this is going to become the norm and desensitize fans and players to the point where the moment a match is played on a pitch where the bowlers slightly dominate or first innings totals remain in the 120-180 range, the batsmen are going to whinge deluxe.

Up until about the 2010s decade, successfully chasing 250+ in a ODI match was an achievement (an even bigger achievement when I started watching cricket back in the mid '90s)

Last edited:

King-Gutho94

Coach
I hear AI hand out plenty of Moral Victories for everyone involved.

So it's no surprise England are going down this route.

I can't wait for Ben Duckett in 15 years time to tell us they created AI Cricket.

Latest posts