What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Xerrigate

It’s a bit ironic I say when we are passing judgement on Xerri when the league immortalised a drug taker...
I'm not sure if cocaine was seen as performance enhancing in 2007, it is now. In any case I'm sure D Maradona took loads more recreational drugs than A Johns. Maradona was apparently hooked on the devil's dandruff during his time with Napoli.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm not sure if cocaine was seen as performance enhancing in 2007, it is now. In any case I'm sure D Maradona took loads more recreational drugs than A Johns. Maradona was apparently hooked on the devil's dandruff during his time with Napoli.
Maradonna was caught during his World Cup campaign in the USA , his performances where out of this world especially the game against Greece..after that match he was taken by an official to be tested for drugs..

T-Boon

Coach
I know it’s cheating and a strong message needs to be sent but I still think the punishment for PEDs in certain sports are harsh. Some sports the use of the drug only makes sense relative to recovery from injury. You just don’t get much advantage from the drug use otherwise. Other sports like swimming, running, cycling the advantages are very obvious. Those sports should throw the book.

ACTPanthers

Bench
I know it’s cheating and a strong message needs to be sent but I still think the punishment for PEDs in certain sports are harsh. Some sports the use of the drug only makes sense relative to recovery from injury. You just don’t get much advantage from the drug use otherwise. Other sports like swimming, running, cycling the advantages are very obvious. Those sports should throw the book.
Allowing some for one sport, and not for another, is a devious Pandora's box to open...

greenBV4

Bench

You mentioned running, for most positions in league thats a fairly significant aspect.

Especially since a couple hours before this broke there was an article claiming Xerri might be the new fastest in the league, well I guess we all know now how that came to be..

Pete Cash

Post Whore

They make a huge difference in most sports and if you allow them it becomes a necessity to take them.

T-Boon

Coach
You mentioned running, for most positions in league thats a fairly significant aspect.

Especially since a couple hours before this broke there was an article claiming Xerri might be the new fastest in the league, well I guess we all know now how that came to be..

I get that but spilt seconds aren’t making that much difference in rugby league. I am not saying he shouldn’t be punished just that he shouldn’t get punished the same as a swimmer, runner, cyclist, weight lifter.

grouch

First Grade
People complain that the Gold Coast are a constant failure and need to go. Imagine they did all this and took 50 years to win a fkn comp?

The Cronulla Sharks. Rugby league's greatest mistake.

They were brought into the league for negative cynical reasons. Not to "expand" the competition into new areas, nor for the betterment of the game as a whole, but merely to limit the power and reach of the game's dominant club at the time. They should have gone the way of the Sth Qld Crushers.

Soon after the club was in financial strife, appointed an administrator and needed a bailout loan. The league gave them one, but didn't afford the same luxury to other struggling clubs Wests or Newtown.

Later they tried to sell the club to a celebrity quack Dr Jeff Edelstein, without NSRWL approval or advice. It was denied.

Then the CEO Paul Gow shreds a fans jersey

Then Greg Bird glasses his girlfriend and pins it on his mate

Captain Paul Gallen rips out a players stitches on the field

Peptide scandal

Salary cap cheating

CEO Damian Keogh cocaine bust

Xerri Ben Johnson

We didn't start the fire

Latest posts