What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The Dogs have Foran back. They have a more settled spine than us. They have a couple of backs capable of making breaks and scoring length of the field tries. They have a never say die forward in Josh Jackson. Their interchange bench has no-one over the age of 28.

I want a Dragons victory but I can see a lot of reasons why the Dogs could win this.

jeffdragon

Bench
I've been enjoying the footy this weekend so far execept when we play today.
Another 80 min of knowing anything can happen and does when we take the field.

BLM01

First Grade
June 7 2020 - 3:57PM
McGregor urges Dragons to find NRL fire
r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has urged his struggling players to find their NRL fire.

St George Illawarra players will be well aware what will happen to their coach should they slump to a fourth-straight loss to open the season.

That's why Paul McGregor has implored them not to think about the consequences when they face Canterbury on Monday in a battle of winless NRL teams.

Defeat for either side would ramp up the pressure already building on both coaches, with Bulldogs mentor Dean Pay also under fire for their sorry start.

Aware of his team's crisis in confidence, McGregor urged his team to cast out the fallout of another potential loss when they arrived at Bankwest Stadium.

Only five teams in the NRL era have recovered in time to make the finals after dropping their opening four games of the season.

And only one team in rugby league history - the Newtown Jets in 1933 - have gone on to win the trophy from the same predicament, but that had been with no grand final.

Then, there's the repercussions the defeat might have on the coach, whose side have lost 11 of their past 13 games, with both wins coming against Gold Coast.

"Sometimes, a group - when you haven't won for some time - you play not to lose, instead of going all out to win and being fearless at it and not worrying about the repercussions from that," McGregor said.

"That's one way to look at it this week.

"And really have some pushback when we don't get what we want.

"If we get a six-to-go against, a penalty and try, or repeat set, whatever it may be, we've got to push back, go the opposite way and stick at it when it gets tough."

McGregor responded to his team's limp performance against the Warriors last week by making a number of changes, including axing fullback Matt Dufty.

Corey Norman has been shifted to fullback, with Ben Hunt moving to five-eighth and 24-year-old playmaker Adam Clune being handed his NRL debut.

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/6784156/mcgregor-urges-dragons-to-find-nrl-fire/?cs=9321
The fact that he tells the players dont think about the consequences of the fallout of another loss....means that they just are now focussing on it..and reading between the lines the coach certainly is. :rolleyes:..Coaching 101 Mc0 NFL style
But the players might see today as their chance to speak loudly and play/not play for the coach and club

getsmarty

Immortal
clunea-2020_p_0479.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 4 v Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 7 Jun 2020, 03:58 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 4 clash against the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium on Monday, June 8.

Matt Dufty and Jackson Ford are the two players to drop out of Tuesday’s initial 21-man squad.

In a lesson in perseverance, 24-year-old local Albion Park-Oak Flats Eagles junior Adam Clune will make his NRL debut at halfback.

Clune's maiden first grade game, having been attached with the Dragons since 2011 upon representing the Illawarra Steelers in the Harold Matthews, will coincide with his 100th senior game for the Red V (45 games for Under-20s, 54 games for Canterbury Cup NSW).

Soon to be Dragons player #233, Clune's inclusion sees Corey Norman shift to fullback at the expense of Matt Dufty, while Josh Kerr has been named to start in the front row for the first time.

remote.axd

Dufty is joined in the reserves by Tyrell Fuimaono, while Korbin Sims drops out of the 21 altogether. Veteran duo Trent Merrin and Issac Luke are the new faces included on the interchange.

Ben Hunt – in his first game at five-eighth since 2013 – will play his 50th game for the Dragons.

NRL squad for Round 4 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs:
1. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Nutrition Station
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by TripADeal
6. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
15. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
16. Issac Luke – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
18. Tyrell Fuimaono
20. Jacob Host

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/07/nrl-team-announcement-round-4-v-bulldogs/

SBD82

Coach
Dragons win for me.
Looking forward to seeing how Clune goes, I hope he has a blinder.
f**king hell Crush. Your optimism is incredible. You are the sort of bloke that I’d want standing shoulder to shoulder with me in a fight.

epDragon62

First Grade
clunea-2020_p_0479.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 4 v Bulldogs
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Sun 7 Jun 2020, 03:58 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 4 clash against the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs at Bankwest Stadium on Monday, June 8.

Matt Dufty and Jackson Ford are the two players to drop out of Tuesday’s initial 21-man squad.

In a lesson in perseverance, 24-year-old local Albion Park-Oak Flats Eagles junior Adam Clune will make his NRL debut at halfback.

Clune's maiden first grade game, having been attached with the Dragons since 2011 upon representing the Illawarra Steelers in the Harold Matthews, will coincide with his 100th senior game for the Red V (45 games for Under-20s, 54 games for Canterbury Cup NSW).

Soon to be Dragons player #233, Clune's inclusion sees Corey Norman shift to fullback at the expense of Matt Dufty, while Josh Kerr has been named to start in the front row for the first time.

remote.axd

Dufty is joined in the reserves by Tyrell Fuimaono, while Korbin Sims drops out of the 21 altogether. Veteran duo Trent Merrin and Issac Luke are the new faces included on the interchange.

Ben Hunt – in his first game at five-eighth since 2013 – will play his 50th game for the Dragons.

NRL squad for Round 4 v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs:
1. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Brayden Wiliame – sponsored by Nutrition Station
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by TripADeal
6. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
15. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
16. Issac Luke – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
18. Tyrell Fuimaono
20. Jacob Host

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/07/nrl-team-announcement-round-4-v-bulldogs/
How on earth can the mental giant see Aitken ASA better option than Fuimaono, or for that matter same goes for Mez?

getsmarty

Immortal
Dragons win for me.

Hope Clune has a blinder...BUT...we need to lose....otherwise we are stuck with you know who and there will be likely ramifications.

Storm, Wests Tigers, Rabbitohs poised to swoop on teenage Dragons star
https%3A%2F%2Fimageresizer.static9.net.au%2FmSBkH_e4otW2pi-LpZeSDFjaNO4%3D%2F75x75%2Fsmart%2Fhttps%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2F_%2Fmedia%2F2017%2F05%2F05%2F11%2F44%2Fthe_mole_byline.jpg
By The Mole
an hour ago
Boom Dragons winger Jason Saab will request a release from his contract for a second time when he meets with club officials this week.

The struggling Dragons denied Saab's application to be let out of his deal last week but the giant winger remains insistent.

He has asked for a meeting with Dragons officials this week to put his case.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Faf3a4a07-0ba6-48d7-b4c0-bfb55e580b1e

Jason Saab will meet with Dragons officials this week (Getty)
Up to seven clubs are chasing Saab, who cannot make the Dragons' top side.

The Storm, Tigers and Rabbitohs are believed to be leading the hunt for the speedy winger.

Coach Paul McGregor has been using Zac Lomax, Jordan Pereira and Mikaele Ravalawa on the flanks in the early rounds in his search for his best wingers, with Saab left out in the cold.

Saab's request is the latest blow for the Dragons in a nightmare start to the season.

The club has yet to win a game, star forward Tyson Frizell has agreed to join Newcastle next season and there is constant speculation over the future of the besieged McGregor.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/dragon...the-mole/8c78ffad-a613-4f54-803a-150356f1f4be

getsmarty

Immortal
Saint Pauli has written:

Very very sad the hole this club has dug itself.

In just 10 words SP has absolutely nailed it. No matter what happens today, no matter the length of Mary's future tenure, we must not forget those 10 words!

The Board should hang their collective heads in SHAME...................and I also Blame the media for protecting their mate...........

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Dragons win for me.
Hope so, hopefully his nose doesn’t hamper him because knowing Mary if he doesn’t win man of the match he’ll never play again. We have to build again I want the Sharks and I want the Rorters, I want Mary gone as much as the next person but I still want to see us win. I’m tipping Kerr to play a big one.

getsmarty

Immortal
Hope so, hopefully his nose doesn’t hamper him because knowing Mary if he doesn’t win man of the match he’ll never play again. We have to build again I want the Sharks and I want the Rorters, I want Mary gone as much as the next person but I still want to see us win. I’m tipping Kerr to play a big one.

Good points...But I've had a gut-full....I'll take as many loses as necessary to see the back of this coach.............Tough medicine but there is no other way.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Good points...But I've had a gut-full....I'll take as many loses as necessary to see the back of this coach.............Tough medicine but there is no other way.
I don’t want the spoon in our cabinet ever. Missing the finals should be enough to see the bloke gone. I can’t see a scenario where he is gone before season’s end nor do I see one where he sees out his contract. I think they will persist with him for 2020, he will be terminated Jan 1 where he’ll be given some token role where they only have to pay half of 2021. If I’m wrong I’ll never have been so happy to be wrong.

Drop Luke and Aitken and play Tyrell and Host in the 17.
Graham back to the bench to play last 10 minutes of first half, get the break at half time and then first 10 minutes second half. Tell him he is playing 20 minutes that’s it and get him to rip in.
Get Tyrell to start along with Kerr will endure plenty of energy and line speed to start the match.
Merrin to come on around 20-25 minutes in and get some offloads / second phase going as opposition starts to tire.
Shit, it almost sounds like a game plan from a Coach :thinking: