What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

Coffs dragon

Bench
Evidently Dufty winning the "scrimmage" at training doesn't count for all that much in the big scheme of things.

By doing that it meant he has to be replaced by a previously failed full back who is actually a grossly underperforming 5/8 who has been replaced in that position by a grossly underperforming halfback who evidently is really a hooker.

Dufty sure has a lot to answer for for winning that scrimmage.

Oh wait a minute it's actually Lomax's fault because he was an underperforming FB off the back of 1 game and he hadn't progressed good enough enough during the second offseason so he as an underperfoming FB had to be shunted into the centres to replace the underperforming centre who is now a bench middle who replaced the over-performing new purchase back rower who had 12 minutes last week as punishment for a MOM performance in his previous game.

So that means it must actually be Basil's fault for buying a guy who over achieved and had to be dropped so as to give all the under performers a chance to redeem themselves.

Thank f**k we have a coach capable of executing all this stuff.
OT that’s a Brilliant deduction & analysis of the whole ludicrous situation.
It actually makes for a better comedy than the old “Yes Minister” with a new title....
Yes Coach, staring Paul “Peanut” McGregor Attempting to portray as an NRL Coach.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Gee when you put it like that OT we certainly are a massive mess. It's like shuffling a pack of cards hoping to have all the aces on top but getting the dregs instead, then a reshuffle with all the cards being spilled and the good cards all over the place put back anywhere in the deck.

Does Mary see a miracle in the making with the switch of Norman to fullback? What has been the purpose of signing Lomax for such a long period and have him play in positions all over the back line?

Our pre-season and training must me shite. Surely they must train with the players consistently in the positions which they have been signed for and get them to practice all drills that go with those positions?

When a team of players are chopped and changed frequently, there is just no cohesion and understanding of each others abilities. Yes there is always a need to make changes and mostly when a player is injured and another player takes his place until the injured person is right to play again.

You just don't see many players in other teams being put in different positions week in/week out particularly in the top teams and even the other bottom teams try and stick to their players staying in the same positions routinely. So then, if we lose on Monday to the Bulldogs, will Mary shuffle the deck once again?

Yeah great post OT

And DD yes the players play like the ‘coach’s’ mind & IQ

...and he’ll stir the Laitkens back into the potpourris ASAP.

All will then be well in Andrew’s mate’s catatonic universe of the dysfunctional

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
Evidently Dufty winning the "scrimmage" at training doesn't count for all that much in the big scheme of things.

By doing that it meant he has to be replaced by a previously failed full back who is actually a grossly underperforming 5/8 who has been replaced in that position by a grossly underperforming halfback who evidently is really a hooker.

Oh wait a minute it's actually Lomax's fault because he was an underperforming FB off the back of 1 game and he hadn't progressed good enough enough during the second offseason so he as an underperfoming FB had to be shunted into the centres to replace the underperforming centre who is now a bench middle who replaced the over-performing new purchase back rower who had 12 minutes last week as punishment for a MOM performance in his previous game.

So that means it must actually be Basil's fault for buying a guy who over achieved and had to be dropped so as to give all the under performers a chance to redeem themselves.

Who's on first.:):):):):)

hazzbeen

Bench

Old Timer , its comical but spot on , should have sent this to Gould , it would have saved him the effort of trying to find out what's wrong with the joint ..... The place is F***ked completely ....

since77

Juniors

That's actually a scarily accurate analysis

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor knows wins must come at Dragons
  • r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Only results can save Dragons coach Paul McGregor, who says he has been battered by the media.
    Paul McGregor has not sought assurances from St George Illawarra powerbrokers over his future but knows only wins can silence the critics.

The under-fire coach has done his best to avoid speculation over his job this week, ahead of Monday's crunch clash with Canterbury.

Unlike equally under-pressure counterpart Dean Pay, McGregor still has one more year left to run on his deal but is feeling the heat after a 0-3 start to season.

But the next two games against Canterbury and Cronulla are expected to be crucial to his future, ahead of the next Dragons' board meeting on June 16.

"There has been no internal conversation about anything about myself," McGregor said.

"I need to get results. It's a high-performance sport. And if you're not winning games in professional sport you under scrutiny.

"I've obviously been battered a little bit through the press. But I've got good self awareness, I know where my control starts and finishes.

"I understand what I can control and can't. What I can is inside in preparing the players to play best and rectify what was a bad result last week."

The former Kangaroos centre has attempted to have his players avoid the public criticism of the team this week, after their lacklustre 18-0 loss to the Warriors.

He also insists he is happy with his roster and recruitment, albeit conceding Jack de Belin's absence has hurt their balance in the middle in recent years.

But he hasn't spared the team from some harsh realities.

Unhappy with the spine's performance for the opening three losses, he believes the inclusion of Adam Clune can free up Ben Hunt's running game at five-eighth.

Hunt came under intense criticism this week after he ran the ball just twice in 65 touches, while the move of Corey Norman to fullback should also do likewise.

However he insisted a successful Dragons team needed the pair in it, even if they were in altered roles.

"I haven't been happy with the combinations there at the moment so I made the change," McGregor said.

"They're going to play a different role for sure and it's about Ben getting his running game back with a No.7 that likes to control the game.

"That's what Adam does. He knows the game well and it frees Ben up to run.

"With Corey playing at fullback he will be in and around the ball in yardage and in transition, so it will be a good opportunity for him to be on the ball for most of the game."

McGregor also believes Issac Luke's addition to the bench can add some relief for Cameron McInnes, who got through a heap of work last week under the NRL's new rules.

Australian Associated Press

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6782859/mcgregor-knows-wins-must-come-at-dragons/?cs=13068

possm

Coach

Only results can save Dragons coach Paul McGregor, who says he has been battered by the media.
    Paul McGregor has not sought assurances from St George Illawarra powerbrokers over his future but knows only wins can silence the critics.

The under-fire coach has done his best to avoid speculation over his job this week, ahead of Monday's crunch clash with Canterbury.

Unlike equally under-pressure counterpart Dean Pay, McGregor still has one more year left to run on his deal but is feeling the heat after a 0-3 start to season.

But the next two games against Canterbury and Cronulla are expected to be crucial to his future, ahead of the next Dragons' board meeting on June 16.

"There has been no internal conversation about anything about myself," McGregor said.

"I need to get results. It's a high-performance sport. And if you're not winning games in professional sport you under scrutiny.

"I've obviously been battered a little bit through the press. But I've got good self awareness, I know where my control starts and finishes.

"I understand what I can control and can't. What I can is inside in preparing the players to play best and rectify what was a bad result last week."

The former Kangaroos centre has attempted to have his players avoid the public criticism of the team this week, after their lacklustre 18-0 loss to the Warriors.

He also insists he is happy with his roster and recruitment, albeit conceding Jack de Belin's absence has hurt their balance in the middle in recent years.

Unhappy with the spine's performance for the opening three losses, he believes the inclusion of Adam Clune can free up Ben Hunt's running game at five-eighth.

Hunt came under intense criticism this week after he ran the ball just twice in 65 touches, while the move of Corey Norman to fullback should also do likewise.

However he insisted a successful Dragons team needed the pair in it, even if they were in altered roles.

"I haven't been happy with the combinations there at the moment so I made the change," McGregor said.

"They're going to play a different role for sure and it's about Ben getting his running game back with a No.7 that likes to control the game.

"With Corey playing at fullback he will be in and around the ball in yardage and in transition, so it will be a good opportunity for him to be on the ball for most of the game."

McGregor also believes Issac Luke's addition to the bench can add some relief for Cameron McInnes, who got through a heap of work last week under the NRL's new rules.

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6782859/mcgregor-knows-wins-must-come-at-dragons/?cs=13068
I'd say that Mary has lost the dressing room and some players no longer want to play in a team coached by him. We need to move fast to save the inegrity of our squad.

RedVDave

First Grade
This makes for hypothetical depressing reading but if both us and Sharks lose this weekend it could be 0-4 v 0-4 next week and if we then lose to the sharks and titans lose their next 2 games we could see 0-5 v 0-5 the battle of the losers a few weeks in a row.

RedVDave

First Grade

Wow what a stunning revelation we need to win games, crazy huh?

getsmarty

Immortal
MATCH PREVIEW

Bulldogs v Dragons: Foran named; Mary swings axe
Author
NRL.com
Timestamp
Sat 6 Jun 2020, 03:01 PM

Both the Bulldogs and Dragons are desperate for a win as the pressure mounts following three straight losses.

St George Illawarra were held scoreless against the Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Saturday in round three, while Canterbury copped a bulldozing by the Sea Eagles at the same venue a day later.

The Dragons have had the wood on the Bulldogs in recent times, racking up big scores against them twice last season.

Match: Bulldogs v Dragons

Round 4 - Monday 8th June

4:05pm

Home Team

Bulldogs

15th Position

Away Team

Dragons

14th Position

Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

Match broadcasters:

• Kayo
  • Foxtel
  • Live Pass
Fan Information
The Rundown
Team News
Bulldogs: Kieran Foran returns in the halves in place of Jack Cogger. The Bulldogs have won two from three at Bankwest Stadium.

Dragons: Adam Clune copped a broken nose at training on Tuesday but it won't prevent him from making his NRL debut at halfback. His inclusion means Corey Norman shifts to fullback in place of Matt Dufty. Josh Kerr has been promoted to the starting pack for Korbin Sims, while Trent Merrin and Issac Luke join the interchange with Tyrell Fuimaono dropping out. Ben Hunt and Mikaele Ravalawa scored three tries in two games against the Bulldogs in 2019.

Match: Bulldogs v Dragons

Round 4 - Monday 8th June

4:05pm

Home Team

Bulldogs

Away Team

Dragons

Venue: Bankwest Stadium, Sydney

Team Lists
Backs
  • Fullback for Bulldogs is number 1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Fullback for Dragons is number 1 Corey Norman
  • Winger for Bulldogs is number 2 Nick Meaney

Winger for Dragons is number 2 Jordan Pereira
  • Centre for Bulldogs is number 3 Reimis Smith

Centre for Dragons is number 3 Brayden Wiliame
  • Centre for Bulldogs is number 4 Will Hopoate

Centre for Dragons is number 4 Zac Lomax
  • Winger for Bulldogs is number 5 Christian Crichton

Winger for Dragons is number 5 Mikaele Ravalawa
  • Five-Eighth for Bulldogs is number 6 Kieran Foran

Five-Eighth for Dragons is number 6 Ben Hunt
  • Halfback for Bulldogs is number 7 Lachlan Lewis

Halfback for Dragons is number 7 Adam Clune
Forwards
  • Prop for Bulldogs is number 8 Aiden Tolman

Prop for Dragons is number 8 Josh Kerr
  • Hooker for Bulldogs is number 9 Jeremy Marshall-King

Hooker for Dragons is number 9 Cameron McInnes
  • Prop for Bulldogs is number 10 Dylan Napa

Prop for Dragons is number 10 Paul Vaughan
  • 2nd Row for Bulldogs is number 11 Josh Jackson

2nd Row for Dragons is number 11 Tyson Frizell
  • 2nd Row for Bulldogs is number 12 Dean Britt

2nd Row for Dragons is number 12 Tariq Sims
  • Lock for Bulldogs is number 13 Adam Elliott

Lock for Dragons is number 13 James Graham
Interchange
  • Interchange for Bulldogs is number 14 Jake Averillo

Interchange for Dragons is number 14 Trent Merrin
  • Interchange for Bulldogs is number 15 Renouf To'omaga

Interchange for Dragons is number 15 Blake Lawrie
  • Interchange for Bulldogs is number 16 Raymond Faitala-Mariner

Interchange for Dragons is number 16 Issac Luke
  • Interchange for Bulldogs is number 17 Sauaso Sue

Interchange for Dragons is number 17 Euan Aitken
Reserves
  • Reserve for Bulldogs is number 19 Ofahiki Ogden
    19 18

Reserve for Dragons is number 18 Tyrell Fuimaono
  • Reserve for Bulldogs is number 20 Kerrod Holland
    20 19

Reserve for Dragons is number 19 Matthew Dufty
  • Reserve for Bulldogs is number 21 Sione Katoa
    21 20

Reserve for Dragons is number 20 Jacob Host
  • Reserve for Bulldogs is number 22 Brandon Wakeham
    22 21

Reserve for Dragons is number 21 Jackson Ford
Bulldogs Ins
  • Brandon Wakeham
  • Kerrod Holland
  • Kieran Foran
  • Ofahiki Ogden
  • Sione Katoa
Ins
Dragons Ins
  • Adam Clune
  • Issac Luke
  • Jackson Ford
  • Jacob Host
  • Trent Merrin
Bulldogs Outs
  • Jack Cogger
Outs
Dragons Ins
  • Korbin Sims
Key Match-Up
They play different positions, but the influence that rival captains Cameron McInnes and Josh Jackson have on their teams is comparable. Both men possess insatiable workloads and very rarely play a bad game. Whichever team wins, you can bet their skipper will have a large role in the performance.

Bulldogs v Dragons
What will be the result of their clash?

Bulldogs v Dragons What will be the result of their clash?
  • Bulldogs 1-10
    46%
  • Bulldogs 11+
    13%
  • Dragons 1-10
    30%
  • Dragons 11+
    11%
5,258 Votes

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/01/bulldogs-v-dragons-foran-nearing-comeback-mary-threatens-axe/

Gomarchin

Juniors
This game will have the Dogs fans hoping we smash them and the Dragons fans hoping Dogs smash the Dragons. How sad. All because they have shit coaches. Actually I think Dean Pay is a better coach he just inherited a bad roster.
I wonder how well McWrekor would go with the dog's roster?

Latest posts