What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 4 v Dogs

BLM01

First Grade
Cant see how Merrin was any better than korbin simms last week
Also I figured that when Luke came on Mcinness would drop back to lock ... How does this make it easier for mcinness .. old supercoach stated that luke would enable mcinness to get his running game back --- so cam still gets to tackle his ring out and also take the odd settler up as well - that really freshed him up -- And luke made 1 or was it 2 runs from dummy half so didnt do anything like injecting pace or anything that supercoach was sprouting .. Let Luke go up to the Broncos and give his spot to Brittain .. And both vaughan and Kerr come back with 20 to go where we got a bit of go forward
But too long with Merrin Lawrie Luke - we need a larger unit on the bench for rotation
BUT at least supercoach's bench strategy was vindicated as Aitken had to come on due to williame injury .. thats why he wont resign because he is so smart
What changes can he make for next week as he is once again re arranging the deck chairs
Merrin belongs on the scrap heap with KSims

SBD82

Coach
Every one can gave an opinion
So you have to resort to insults.
Good on you
Well done.
Did you edit your post so that I could have the fight that I was trying to pick?

That’s very kind of you Jeff.

Tell me, what was the insult that you found so egregious? That I said you whined? I mean, I said that, but it’s not exactly an insult is it? Just a fact.

rasaint

Juniors
Just a thought.

Would anyone on the forum really believe that so called experts want to see the dragons improve? Many experts are ex players from other teams. When they recommend we should ‘lock down’ a player because ‘ other clubs are circling’ is that believable or that at a certain player is a gifted talent that the dragons must sign?

Reviews by certain others really a genuine attempt to improve things?

Im somewhat counter intuitive on this issue.

One thing is that our roster strength went vastly downhill from 2018. We lost Nene, Leeson AuMau, JDB, All big tough go forward players and metre eaters. Replaced by inferior players.

No recruitment of speedsters and the one bloke who scored 13 blistering trys in 2018 Dufty is dropped off and on and now appears gone as a ball boy.

SBD82

Coach
Ok I'm up for it you are a wanker.
Thanks OT I can always count on you.

Cantankerous old bastard that you are.

You’re the sort of bloke that would work your way onto our board and then forget your roots, making decisions that feather your own nest and not giving a tuppence f**k about the club.

possm

Coach
Just a thought.

Would anyone on the forum really believe that so called experts want to see the dragons improve? Many experts are ex players from other teams. When they recommend we should ‘lock down’ a player because ‘ other clubs are circling’ is that believable or that at a certain player is a gifted talent that the dragons must sign?

Reviews by certain others really a genuine attempt to improve things?

Im somewhat counter intuitive on this issue.

One thing is that our roster strength went vastly downhill from 2018. We lost Nene, Leeson AuMau, JDB, All big tough go forward players and metre eaters. Replaced by inferior players.

No recruitment of speedsters and the one bloke who scored 13 blistering trys in 2018 Dufty is dropped off and on and now appears gone as a ball boy.
Look no further than Mary and Millward for reasons for this Mess!
Sack Mary and replace him with Shephard as interim head coach for the remainder of 2020 and 2021. We should all see a marked improvement.

Old Timer

Coach
Thanks OT I can always count on you.

Cantankerous old bastard that you are.

You’re the sort of bloke that would work your way onto our board and then forget your roots, making decisions that feather your own nest and not giving a tuppence f**k about the club.
I had a blue cattle dog called "twopence" and I did love her dearly so please enough of that.

If I got onto the board I wouldn't forget my roots in fact I would make sure they all had a position on a much extended board to accommodate those lovely ladies.

I also prefer curmudgeon as mum & dad were married before I was born.

SBD82

Coach
I had a blue cattle dog called "twopence" and I did love her dearly so please enough of that.

If I got onto the board I wouldn't forget my roots in fact I would make sure they all had a position on a much extended board to accommodate those lovely ladies.

I also prefer curmudgeon as mum & dad were married before I was born.
My apologies to your mother and father. It was a flippant use of the word and I meant no offence to them. After raising you I’m certain they suffered enough.

As to the “tuppence f**k”. I use the term as a tribute to the only true “old timer” on the forum; who is sadly no longer with us. I won’t refrain, despite the affection you held for your canine friend.

In any case, if you were on the board you’d probably replace Mary with yourself. You wouldn’t coach the team, just babble on giving them long winded lectures about the time you tied an onion to your belt, answering any queries about relevance by questioning their comprehension skills.

Life's Good

Coach
The body language from him on 360 looked like he knows it’s coming which is why he won’t step down. He wants them to sack him so they’ve got to pay him out.
Tells all how hard he works & how passionate he is of the club but won’t walk away. Such arrogance.
I chuckled when he starting talking about 'players missing from the squad' and then eventually dropped that line knowing it would have probably got him a further grilling by the panel. At best its days, at worst, its weeks.

Life's Good

Coach
Where’s that prick Sean O’Connor a Steelers Board member that said McGregor would be a career coach more successful than Wayne Bennett.
Disappeared to China flogging them Illawarra coal I hope.
Funny thing is, and dont quote me, but 7 years at the helm would mean he's outlasted many a better credentialed coach so you could say,(it galls me to do so)he's had a 'career'.

Old Timer

Coach
My apologies to your mother and father. It was a flippant use of the word and I meant no offence to them. After raising you I’m certain they suffered enough.

As to the “tuppence f**k”. I use the term as a tribute to the only true “old timer” on the forum; who is sadly no longer with us. I won’t refrain, despite the affection you held for your canine friend.

In any case, if you were on the board you’d probably replace Mary with yourself. You wouldn’t coach the team, just babble on giving them long winded lectures about the time you tied an onion to your belt, answering any queries about relevance by questioning their comprehension skills.
It's ok I knew what you meant just wanted you to feel a bit of remorse.

Re who I would appoint it in fact wouldn't be me.

We know they don't comprehend Zwahilli despite them having studied it for 7 years so we would need to have a look at the message they receive.

The spoken word doesn't seem to be working so maybe we need someone that can help them understand what they see?

SBD82

Coach
It's ok I knew what you meant just wanted you to feel a bit of remorse.

Re who I would appoint it in fact wouldn't be me.

We know they don't comprehend Zwahilli despite them having studied it for 7 years so we would need to have a look at the message they receive.

The spoken word doesn't seem to be working so maybe we need someone that can help them understand what they see?

I don’t feel as though you’re really getting into the spirit of this OT.

You’re generally pretty liberal with abuse, but now when you’ve been given an invitation you’re barely raising an eyebrow.

What gives?

Old Timer

Coach
I don’t feel as though you’re really getting into the spirit of this OT.

You’re generally pretty liberal with abuse, but now when you’ve been given an invitation you’re barely raising an eyebrow.

What gives?
I just got back from a long exhausting trip from the south coast so needed to have a cuppa and a bit of toast to regain some energy so sorry I disappointed you & I promise to try a bit harder at least harder than that footy team we follow.

So why don't you wake up your alter ego and equally wankerish wanker muzby so he can join in so we can have a threesome?

And for the record don't call me a f**king liberal anyone with any comprehension skills whatsoever knows that I sit on the left side of Gough.

FMD even the above is pretty tame maybe I have become part of the team SOS because that Mc Fookknuckle has really drained the entire pool and taken the swamp with him for good measure what a merkin.

SBD82

Coach
I just got back from a long exhausting trip from the south coast so needed to have a cuppa and a bit of toast to regain some energy so sorry I disappointed you & I promise to try a bit harder at least harder than that footy team we follow.

So why don't you wake up your alter ego and equally wankerish wanker muzby so he can join in so we can have a threesome?

And for the record don't call me a f**king liberal anyone with any comprehension skills whatsoever knows that I sit on the left side of Gough.

FMD even the above is pretty tame maybe I have become part of the team SOS because that Mc Fookknuckle has really drained the entire pool and taken the swamp with him for good measure what a merkin.
Take a bex and have a lie down.

Bring your A game next time. This has been thoroughly disappointing.

Dragon David

First Grade
It's bloody terrible seeing us at the bottom of the ladder. 16th out of 16. I never thought that I would see the day when we are last. Shame on the Club and everyone else associated with it.

I have not much interest now in the game.

Latest posts