What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

dannyt

Coach
Give Paulie McGregor the Gordon Tallis - let him sit out until his contract expires - he can drive the team bus, gear steward, ball pumper upperer, anything but maintain his contract by picking out those obscure responsiblities in his contract and tell him to concentrate on those.

Just don't give the job to Smug Boy Dean
Those jobs require a degree of responsibility.

Let him paint the sheds, again.

I just tweeted Gus and asked him if he was a ceo would he appoint Mcfwit as a coach at a club he was in charge of. I proceeded to ask him not to think is supporters are mugs and to be honest to that question and wether he did the review to save a mate from the sack. The prick blocks me. Why won’t he come out and just tell us what was the issues at the club when he did his review. I don’t get it he thinks he is smart. If you didn’t review the coach and his issues what the fk did you review. The color coordination of the dressing room paint

Everyone who supported McDonut has mud in their faces. They flew his flag for years and now they face deep humiliation and ridicule.

It’s time to remember some of the braver journos who wanted this atrocity stopped last year.

Legends:

Jamie Soward.
Michael Carayanis
Andrew Moore
League Unlimited ( official staff) scribes

Idiots:

All nine TV team, all of mmm, most of Fox, most of 2gb ( nine anyway).

Last edited:
96BF4056-7670-435F-8417-DC0437A86EDA.jpeg
This was the future predicted here in post #1.

Mary still couldn’t bring himself to accept full responsibility. He started with it, then true to form, he weakened.

Dean Pay looked more devastated and he won.

Those of us who are keen Mary Watchers, saw very little to allay our concerns, that his state of denial and delusion had been arrested. Some indicators, but the essential Mary remains intact and unmoved.

Now he’s being praised for talking to the press! Is there any end to it?!

Mary, with all of his heart, stills believes he can coach at NRL level. More concerning, so does the board.

He should have been sacked when the siren sounded.

Last edited:

dannyt

Coach
FMD the answer has been in front of us for 2 seasons and we all missed it.

We have a spare position in our roster.

Sign Mc Fookknuckle as a $750k centre for 2 years and appoint a new coach.

Problem solved.
Would love to see Friz line him up while wearing Newcastle colours.

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor: If Dragons decide to change coach, 'I'll wear it'
Author
Dan Walsh NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Mon 8 Jun 2020, 07:39 PM
walshdan-head.png

Dragons coach Paul McGregor says he could understand if the Red V hierarchy pull the trigger on his flagging coaching career after Monday's crushing loss to Canterbury.

McGregor cut a lonely figure after St George Illawarra's 22-2 defeat to the Bulldogs, conceding his job is on the line as his side sits alone at the bottom of the NRL ladder.

The joint-venture's board is due to meet on June 16 – a few days after Sunday's stoush with arch-rivals Cronulla. If the directors end McGregor's tenure with 18 months remaining on his contract, he would be entitled to a hefty payout.

McGregor fronted up to the toughest questions in his post-match media conference, adamant he is still capable of turning the Dragons around.

But he is no longer resisting the suggestion Red V figures think otherwise.

McGregor: The desire is still there

"If they make the decision I'll understand it. I'll be disappointed obviously but I understand the situation and there's conversations around it every day which doesn't help the team," McGregor said.

"If that decision is made, I'll wear it.

"I've certainly got the backing of the players and the staff. No one from the club has come forward and said anything to me.

"I'm not scared [of being axed] if that's the word you're looking for.

"I'm an optimist, but I'm a realist and I know that our team aren’t playing well enough at the moment and I'm the coach of that.

"I've got confidence in my team. At the moment they've lost a bit in themselves I think so I accept the blame."

New Dragons CEO Ryan Webb, chairman Andrew Gordon and part-owner Bruce Gordon have been conspicuous in their silence since pressure ramped up on McGregor in recent weeks.

At the start of 2019 McGregor was handed a two-year extension by the Dragons board after round five, coming off a finals run the previous year.

Sacking McGregor with 18 months to run on his estimated $700,000 a year deal, and then replacing him, would cost the Dragons over $1 million, regardless of reported exit clauses in his contract.

McGregor said he was "still the same coach" that had taken the club to the finals, the second post-season appearance of his now seven seasons in charge.

And despite just two wins - both over the Titans - from their last 16 games, he says his message is still getting through to his players.

"That's the frustrating thing for me, I do," he said.

"I've got good eye contact with the guys, I see how hard they work and the enjoyment they have around one another but we're not playing well.

"I believe in my players and I've got confidence in my staff. I know how hard they work during the week.

"We're just not going out and playing the way we're doing things."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/08/mcgregor-if-that-decision-is-made-ill-wear-it/

Banjo2014

Juniors
11th minute into the game Fox Sports introduces Dufty as the Ballboy for the game

I have so many comments about the young bloke being the ball boy today.- most ending up at me saying do what is good for you mate - get yourself to Titans and have a great time.

Is he taking the piss
Was he just doing it for a laugh
Could he be sticking it to the Board Club etc
Giving the Goldie a hint to sign him

Is Young giving him the smug coach look

Just gives me more ammo to Sack Mack

upload_2020-6-8_23-12-18.png

upload_2020-6-8_23-13-23.png

upload_2020-6-8_23-14-1.png

18to87

First Grade
Well done to Dufty for taking it in stride. He is one in a long line of players held back by McGregor and the lack of strong coach. He could really grow into a strong NRL player on the Gold Coast and would probably put on a few tries against the Dragons, taking away McGregor's only opportunity to win a game this year.

Qapm

Juniors
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Only quibble " is no fault of Mcgregors as he's riding the gravy train ". Mary gets a ton of blame but useless to concentrate on him.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The club is a mess & in a massive hole that really needs to blow up and re-start the build from top to bottom. Too many voices and agendas with people like the Young’s & Millward’s using family connections that simply create poor decision making.
Then you have an Assistant coach with more credentials & experience than the Head Coach, but literally gagged by an arrogant & useless Head Coach.
A new CEO that’s still finding his feet & voice, whilst the Board and Chairman remain silent and are totally responsible for the whole mess.
Then you have review after review each year with more advisors and gurus being added to the gravy train to assist the useless Head Coach because he is the chief problem, but a good bloke and mate to Mr. A. Gordon.
It’s really a circus and we have become the laughingstock of other NRL clubs & their fans. They feel sorry for us for a mess that is self inflicted.

LINESPEED

Juniors
Everyone who supported McDonut has mud in their faces. They flew his flag for years and now they face deep humiliation and ridicule.

It’s time to remember some of the braver journos who wanted this atrocity stopped last year.

Legends:

Jamie Soward.
Michael Carayanis
Andrew Moore
League Unlimited ( official staff) scribes

Idiots:

All nine TV team, all of mmm, most of Fox, most of 2gb ( nine anyway).

Well Ryan Webb
On Day 64
Where are you?
Phil Rothfield says you’re not “media savvy “ among other things.

We’ve warned you for 64 days what was ahead?

....& you’re finding that ignorance is not bliss eh?

Time to sack yourself in honour ... & protest

if The Gordons refuse to allow The Board to sack their ignoramus Mate with a clear coaching intelligence deficit.

Money obviously doesn’t buy commonsense Andrew

- and now you’re just another McFail victim as predicted
... as your public humiliation reaches the irreparable stage

Everyone knows now about your being the reason for Mc113’s retention

& there’s no place to hide

.... not behind
your money,
your Daddy,
your Corporation
your Harbourside mansion

- with daily media attention focussing on your Plaything’s disintegration

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to coach sacking?

Those dressing room images, results,
body language of coach & players
scream ‘sack the coach’

...get a”new voice”

& BTW 15,000 members & 15,000 “Sack McGregor” posts cannot logically be wrong.

And the players are walking, despite the well rehearsed & phoney protestations to the contrary.

Your mate & coach is a blathering incomprehensible idiot

... and you are a fool

who after your disastrous dabbling in the rich man’s hobby of owning a football team,

... will no doubt need that hideaway down the coast.

End the farce today

Latest posts