What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

Mitty266

Juniors
Not helping when these dribblers on RadioTAB are giving him kudos for just fronting up to the media after last nights game and answering the “hard questions”. Get stuffed, the only reason you should be giving this bloke kudos is for Paul swallowing what’s left of his pride and standing down.

Word is that Fittlers name has come up as a potential prospect for replacement. If it came down to Craig young or Freddy I know who u would be choosing. No more internal boys club please!!

denis preston

First Grade
Surely after that they can't let it fester for another week. He should be tapped on the shoulder by the CEO this morning and not let him select a side for next weekends game.If i was him and allowed to i would sack at least 6 players with at least 4 of them being forwards. If he knows he is going he may not care or need his mates in the side ( did you notice Cameron sucking up to him like a schoolboy prefect !! ) and may show his vindictive streak.
That said, the Board needs to move on this and try to amend a situation that is all of their creation.

hazzbeen

Bench
hir
No, if the Saints can score a try against the Titans then that's good enough to keep Mary until next year.
Thats the frightening thing , thats how they think .... They resigned him to an extention last year when he should have been punted , they were always going to keep him the Gordons made sure of that ... When the fans wanted him gone , but the snakes got their opportunity when we won a few games in a row at the start of the year they pounced , as a fans we had been silenced he won 3 or 4 in a row so we couldnt complain ...... Yep they couldn't wait till mid season because it would have been a backlash from fans ..... Thats what we are up against ....

hazzbeen

Bench
Surely after that they can't let it fester for another week. He should be tapped on the shoulder by the CEO this morning and not let him select a side for next weekends game.If i was him and allowed to i would sack at least 6 players with at least 4 of them being forwards. If he knows he is going he may not care or need his mates in the side ( did you notice Cameron sucking up to him like a schoolboy prefect !! ) and may show his vindictive streak.
That said, the Board needs to move on this and try to amend a situation that is all of their creation.
Noticed the same about Cameron , that alone could be a problem amongst the senior players .....

BLM01

First Grade
Not helping when these dribblers on RadioTAB are giving him kudos for just fronting up to the media after last nights game and answering the “hard questions”. Get stuffed, the only reason you should be giving this bloke kudos is for Paul swallowing what’s left of his pride and standing down.

Word is that Fittlers name has come up as a potential prospect for replacement. If it came down to Craig young or Freddy I know who u would be choosing. No more internal boys club please!!

BTW..No to Fittler...please..not him.
But hard questions?..you got to laugh. They are the easy ones.
Anyone where he can remain stoic and look strong to just say;
"No I am not going and nor has anyone approached me"..(apart from 10,000 supporters)
"no" I have the support of the players..I can look them in the eye at training"
"Yes I believe I can coach and I believe in my players" "They are the ones that lack confidence self belief...not me" (But the players dont believe in you..they can look you in the eye but wont say what they really think..its part of the NRL landscape..their pay is too precious)

Since Mc0, Mc85, McCling starts quoting his positive stats and even those he stretches the truth.
the hard questions would be..pick him up on his white lies...thrown the real stats back in his face

Tell him how low his %'s are at the 2nd half of seasons
Tell him how extremely low his %'s are in the last 2 years...nearly to the date..16 out of 45
Ask him why do you keep picking under performing players
Ask him about on field game plans and bench rotations etc

Now they are the real hard questons he has to answer?....not the pre-warned journo one word answer questions they ask every failing coach

YoHadrian

Juniors
If the players aren't playing for the coach & it's now completely obvious that they're not whatever tactical tweaks he may try & make is pretty much a moot point.

The back end executive staff know that they look like idiots backing this donkey & they'll look even worse if they have to sack him.

They have no plan moving forward at all.

Dragon David

First Grade
11th minute into the game Fox Sports introduces Dufty as the Ballboy for the game

I have so many comments about the young bloke being the ball boy today.- most ending up at me saying do what is good for you mate - get yourself to Titans and have a great time.

Is he taking the piss
Was he just doing it for a laugh
Could he be sticking it to the Board Club etc
Giving the Goldie a hint to sign him

Is Young giving him the smug coach look

Just gives me more ammo to Sack Mack

View attachment 38920

View attachment 38921

View attachment 38922
Dean Young in his corner taking things easy with not a care in the world. Get out there you bludger and get stuck into the players - defence coach my foot!

Dragon David

First Grade
Well Ryan Webb
On Day 64
Where are you?
Phil Rothfield says you’re not “media savvy “ among other things.

We’ve warned you for 64 days what was ahead?

....& you’re finding that ignorance is not bliss eh?

Time to sack yourself in honour ... & protest

if The Gordons refuse to allow The Board to sack their ignoramus Mate with a clear coaching intelligence deficit.

Money obviously doesn’t buy commonsense Andrew

- and now you’re just another McFail victim as predicted
... as your public humiliation reaches the irreparable stage

Everyone knows now about your being the reason for Mc113’s retention

& there’s no place to hide

.... not behind
your money,
your Daddy,
your Corporation
your Harbourside mansion

- with daily media attention focussing on your Plaything’s disintegration

Why are you trying to reinvent the wheel when it comes to coach sacking?

Those dressing room images, results,
body language of coach & players
scream ‘sack the coach’

...get a”new voice”

& BTW 15,000 members & 15,000 “Sack McGregor” posts cannot logically be wrong.

And the players are walking, despite the well rehearsed & phoney protestations to the contrary.

Your mate & coach is a blathering incomprehensible idiot

... and you are a fool

who after your disastrous dabbling in the rich man’s hobby of owning a football team,

... will no doubt need that hideaway down the coast.

End the farce today
The look of the players in the dressing room says it all. Full of dejection and feelings of failure. When Mary finished his commitment on NRL 360 and came into the dressing room with a serious look on his face he might have said to the players "see what you have done, you have let me down again and I've now got to face the consequences with the BOD. I am not going to quit so you fellas will just have to put up with me...."

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes I did see Cam suck up to Mary in the dressing room after Mary's cameo address to his players (his address started with "you played like shit....).

LINESPEED

Juniors
Noticed the same about Cameron , that alone could be a problem amongst the senior players .....

The coach is the principal actor in getting the players:

up for a game motivationally
He fails.

Up to playing for him
He fails.

Up to playing to their strengths
He fails

Up to playing to a game plan
He fails (he has none).

Up to playing at their best
He fails.

The captain also is responsible for the above, but to a lesser degree:
He fails IMO

I’d bring in Saab, Sailor, Dufty, Ford & Blacker, & a Feagai to centre ASAP
(Shep as interim)

Last edited:

grouch

First Grade
OMG IS TODAY THE DAY??

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mc...o-discuss-coach-s-future-20200609-p550q4.html

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor may not survive the day in his job with the club calling an emergency board meeting on Tuesday morning to discuss his future.

The Herald has been told Dragons directors have reacted to Monday afternoon's dismal showing against Canterbury by organising a video conference to discuss his future, a meeting of which McGregor has been made aware.

The Dragons board was originally scheduled to meet next Tuesday, however the club's dire predicament has forced officials to act swiftly as they contemplate parting ways with the coach as early as today.

hazzbeen

Bench
OMG IS TODAY THE DAY??

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/mc...o-discuss-coach-s-future-20200609-p550q4.html

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor may not survive the day in his job with the club calling an emergency board meeting on Tuesday morning to discuss his future.

The Herald has been told Dragons directors have reacted to Monday afternoon's dismal showing against Canterbury by organising a video conference to discuss his future, a meeting of which McGregor has been made aware.

The Dragons board was originally scheduled to meet next Tuesday, however the club's dire predicament has forced officials to act swiftly as they contemplate parting ways with the coach as early as today.
Bring it on baby ......

grouch

First Grade
This is a Christmas eve moment for me. I've been waiting for this clown, this impostor, this cancer to be sacked since before he was even the fulltime coach! When he joined as Steve Price's assistant I knew he was bad news... I knew it was a mistake to make him the interim coach, and I knew it was a collossal catastrophe to make him fulltime coach. The club has lurched from bad to worse ever since, with every contract extension, with every single subservient curtsy to this man's ego... and finally here we are. An emergency board meeting. We are at the precipice.

This is the grand final folks. We've not only reached it, but we're in golden point. Will the board step up, like Jamie Soward, and drill that winning kick right through the posts?

Let the football gods smile upon us today. Sack the prick

Jersey No 14

Juniors
I can see the board dumping him - use him as a scape goat
They'll save their own skins and say 'we are doing our jobs'
Thses guys are worse than Civid - 19 ever was
They are rotten to the core.
And They will all survive
Just watch

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I honestly feel for the bloke, he’s a good man and I admire the way he faced the media barrage head on with honesty and humility but he’s had 6 years and we are starting to lose too many good players. I hope he gets on well and finds his way to England somehow to regain his pride. One thing I will say is if Young or Sheppard are appointed head coach it will not attract any more players than Mary and won’t stop the bleed unless they offer a solid option for 2021.

LINESPEED

Juniors
OMG IS TODAY THE DAY??

They’ll torch the Taj if he’s not sacked today

upload_2020-6-9_9-52-36.jpeg

Hopefully the lines are down to Bermuda & Andrew is too indisposed to attend the hookup.

Get it done Webby

And we look forward to hearing again from you after 64 days

St Georgio

Juniors
OMG IS TODAY THE DAY??

Please God, I hope these imbeciles pull the f**king trigger!