What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

LINESPEED

Juniors
I honestly feel for the bloke, he’s a good man and I admire the way he faced the media barrage head on with honesty and humility but he’s had 6 years and we are starting to lose too many good players. I hope he gets on well and finds his way to England somehow to regain his pride. One thing I will say is if Young or Sheppard are appointed head coach it will not attract any more players than Mary and won’t stop the bleed unless they offer a solid option for 2021.

With Shep at least the juniors won’t abandon ship

MC56/57 deserves no sympathy for what he’s done to our Club

His self-centred delusory fantasy world put the fans & the Club last.

He’s a vindictive arsehole whose only interest was personal survival at all costs

- leveraged unscrupulously on the largesse of a rich mate & Illawarra parochialism

grouch

First Grade
I honestly feel for the bloke, he’s a good man and I admire the way he faced the media barrage head on with honesty and humility but he’s had 6 years and we are starting to lose too many good players. I hope he gets on well and finds his way to England somehow to regain his pride. One thing I will say is if Young or Sheppard are appointed head coach it will not attract any more players than Mary and won’t stop the bleed unless they offer a solid option for 2021.
Counterpoint: f**k him and the horse he rode in on

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't get how a post calling for democratisation of the club gets merged into a game day thread, unless they just want it to be hidden.

Mary is the symptom, not the disease.
Hidden? lol. And who are 'they'?

Please use the report function instead of complaining in the open forum. That's what the vast majority do, because we know mods aren't here 24/7. Plus most fellow forummers understand how to find a thread on an existing topic.

@mickeylane you are a repeat offender with this, and are ignoring the many requests to do the right thing. Now you're upsetting glass_canoe, who is very special here.

Seriously though mate, it's gets tedious tidying up after you, therefore this is the last 'request'..

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
With Shep at least the juniors won’t abandon ship

MC56/57 deserves no sympathy for what he’s done to our Club

His self-centred delusory fantasy world put the fans & the Club last.

He’s a vindictive arsehole whose only interest was personal survival at all costs

- leveraged unscrupulously on the largesse of a rich mate & Illawarra parochialism
I knew that post was going to get me a roasting :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

matPORTS

Juniors
The next conundrum we now potentially face:

Potentially Dean Young takes over as interim.

In many similar situations in times past (at other clubs and ours), interim coach comes in and players lose the excuse not to perform (it's all over to them now).

Team performs well enough for the rest of 2020 to avoid the complete embarrassment of a wooden spoon.

Board sees this as a significant win and signs Dean Young to a multi year deal.

Anyway, with any luck (and boy we need some right now) Mary will be gone within hours and we'll all reflect on the debacle that this has become and take stock of what we hope to happen going forward.

St Georgio

Juniors
The next conundrum we now potentially face:

Potentially Dean Young takes over as interim.

In many similar situations in times past (at other clubs and ours), interim coach comes in and players lose the excuse not to perform (it's all over to them now).

Team performs well enough for the rest of 2020 to avoid the complete embarrassment of a wooden spoon.

Board sees this as a significant win and signs Dean Young to a multi year deal.

Anyway, with any luck (and boy we need some right now) Mary will be gone within hours and we'll all reflect on the debacle that this has become and take stock of what we hope to happen going forward.
The dumbest action by the club would be to appoint Dean Young as coach, your virtually replacing a Hamburger with another Hamburger without sauce, STILL A f**kING Hamburger.
Anthony Griffin is the Man For JOB right now!

jeffdragon

Bench
Then if the players don't perform when he goes
There's no excuse for them not play..
New coaches don't usually win the first game, the second which is v the titans. Then they have a hard run and won't win.

Old Timer

Coach
IMO the announcement this morning should be along the lines of

The club and current coach have come to an agreement to end his services as of today.

XY or Z will take over the head coaching role immediately and will continue to do so until the end of the season however their services in that role will be terminated at the completion of the 2020 season.

The club in the meantime will advertise and interview for a new coach to start at the end of the 2020 season and the applicants will have to have to be able demonstrate continued success at the highest level of competition.

I full expect something like this

The club and the current coach have come to a mutual agreement to part company at the end of the 2020 season.

In fairness to Mary who has been a loyal servant of the club the BOD have decided to allow him to see out the current season as we are still in the process of implementing important changes as a result of the Gould end of year review and we believe that Mary is the best person to see that through.

The club will again use Gould to enable us to select the right coach moving forward as it is also important to continue on with what Gould identified in his 2019 review.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The dumbest action by the club would be to appoint Dean Young as coach, your virtually replacing a Hamburger with another Hamburger without sauce, STILL A f**kING Hamburger.
Anthony Griffin is the Man For JOB right now!
There is absolutely no doubt it will be Young. Hopefully it’s only until the club appoints a replacement, and the club make this clear in a presser. I want to see the CEO do a press conference giving us his roadmap forward.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If the Board is "zooming" today and McGregor has been informed as such, then betting suspended on him lasting the day as 'coach'. However, there are points that need to be addressed in the meeting:

1. Sack him now, appoint a caretaker. That would come down to 2 or 3 candidates only, ie: Young, Shepherd and possibly Head.
2. Sack him but allow him to 'coach' Sundays game as his last. Considering today is team list day. This would give more time to find a replacement.
3. Stand him down as 'head coach' , ie keeping on staff but no offial capacity, then refer point 1.
4. Invoke the 'Barrett' clause.
5. Give him to the end of the season (OMG no, but it is our Board remember)
6. Allow him to 'see out' his contract (refer points 3, 4 and 5).

Whatever the case, McGregors reign as head coach is now untenable. We need a new voice as coach, not a familiar one. However, i feel if they pull the trigger, they'll opt of Young as the 'caretaker' with obvious aims of permanancy.

I wonder what time the meeting is? Isn't there 7hrs time difference between Aus and Eng. Just saying!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
IMO the announcement this morning should be along the lines of

The club and current coach have come to an agreement to end his services as of today.

XY or Z will take over the head coaching role immediately and will continue to do so until the end of the season however their services in that role will be terminated at the completion of the 2020 season.

The club in the meantime will advertise and interview for a new coach to start at the end of the 2020 season and the applicants will have to have to be able demonstrate continued success at the highest level of competition.

I full expect something like this

The club and the current coach have come to a mutual agreement to part company at the end of the 2020 season.

In fairness to Mary who has been a loyal servant of the club the BOD have decided to allow him to see out the current season as we are still in the process of implementing important changes as a result of the Gould end of year review and we believe that Mary is the best person to see that through.

The club will again use Gould to enable us to select the right coach moving forward as it is also important to continue on with what Gould identified in his 2019 review.
If they come out and say McGregor will see out 2020 while we search for an option for 2021 I wouldn’t be shattered. Better than ending up with an interim coach again for 3 years.

St Georgio

Juniors
If the Board is "zooming" today and McGregor has been informed as such, then betting suspended on him lasting the day as 'coach'. However, there are points that need to be addressed in the meeting:

1. Sack him now, appoint a caretaker. That would come down to 2 or 3 candidates only, ie: Young, Shepherd and possibly Head.
2. Sack him but allow him to 'coach' Sundays game as his last. Considering today is team list day. This would give more time to find a replacement.
3. Stand him down as 'head coach' , ie keeping on staff but no offial capacity, then refer point 1.
4. Invoke the 'Barrett' clause.
5. Give him to the end of the season (OMG no, but it is our Board remember)
6. Allow him to 'see out' his contract (refer points 3, 4 and 5).

Whatever the case, McGregors reign as head coach is now untenable. We need a new voice as coach, not a familiar one. However, i feel if they pull the trigger, they'll opt of Young as the 'caretaker' with obvious aims of permanancy.

I wonder what time the meeting is? Isn't there 7hrs time difference between Aus and Eng. Just saying!
If Dean Young is appointed as coach, then it will a continuation of the same crap for the next 7 years!

Latest posts