What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

Gomarchin

Juniors
Why don't we just pick the team like it's a bingo draw. Put all the players names on a ball and then pull them out against the numbers 1-17. I can hear the announcer now;

"This week, playing in the number 1 jersey is...it's a red ball...looks angry, or sad, I can't tell...here it comes, gee it's not rolling as quick as it used to...here it is, to play No. 1 this week...it's James Graham!"
I'm sure that's what McWrekor does and explains why he's up til 3am watching video. It's bingo video that he's watching.

BLM01

First Grade
LOL
It’s clear the media are tired of talking about McGregor in the lead up to our games and how much he is under pressure and probably given up now
it’s whoever we play...those coaches are all of sudden in the limelight as being under pressure as we are the yardstick in in the NRL for a team that you should not lose to or questions have to be asked of that coach

Now its Morris’s turn this week that he needs to turn things around as Eddie Jones is set to replace him. He’s only won one 1 of 4 OMG

what are they gonna come up with when we play Robbo how much pressure he is under,
Only pressure he’ll be under is that his team don’t get too complacent and smashes us by less than 20

Last edited:

Dragonsamy

Bench
I'm expecting some changes to the team that was announced.
My thoughts are:

Dufty will play fullback
Norman to 5/8
Hunt to bench as the 2nd hooker
Saab will come on to the wing with Rava or JP dropping out of the squad

17: Dufty
2: Periera
3. Aitken
4. Lomax
20. Saab
1. Norman
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Graham

6. Hunt
14. Merrin
15. Lawrie
18. Host

Just my opinion on the team that he may decide on. He loves having a back on the bench so it could be even Rava or JP there but I think Host adds more balance.

I like it, hope Mary does pick the above

Banjo2014

Juniors
I like to look at the Benches

Sharks have Tracey Uele Rudolf Sorenson
We have Merrin lawrie Luke Dufty

Barring an injury in the backs for the Sharks - they might have us in the forwards

Kilkenny

Coach
Good luck against the Sharks guys. I despise the Sharks not least of all because one of my boys supports them for reasons I still don’t quite understand given all my three children were taken to Panthers games home and away from a very young age. Never quite forgiven him.

I am not the camp of supporting a loss just so it may just increase the chances of your head coach being shown the exit door. You are better than that and despite the current woes, which I can fully understand, you need to stay strong and support the team even if unable to be there in person.

Your results in the near future will have no bearing on the future of your head coach he will not be your head coach in 2021. Recent events are simply the way of doing business, he will get another three or four games, perhaps he may even see the season out, but from an outsider looking in he will most definitely not be there in 2021. Hang in there.

Shaun_Timmins

Juniors
Good luck against the Sharks guys. I despise the Sharks not least of all because one of my boys supports them for reasons I still don’t quite understand given all my three children were taken to Panthers games home and away from a very young age. Never quite forgiven him.

I am not the camp of supporting a loss just so it may just increase the chances of your head coach being shown the exit door. You are better than that and despite the current woes, which I can fully understand, you need to stay strong and support the team even if unable to be there in person.

Your results in the near future will have no bearing on the future of your head coach he will not be your head coach in 2021. Recent events are simply the way of doing business, he will get another three or four games, perhaps he may even see the season out, but from an outsider looking in he will most definitely not be there in 2021. Hang in there.

Your first paragraph made me laugh! Good one mate!

I agree with your sentiments and appreciate your post, good luck against the Eels tonight champ!

mickeylane

Bench
My thoughts are:

Dufty will play fullback
Norman to 5/8

3. Aitken
4. Lomax
20. Saab
1. Norman
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Graham

6. Hunt
14. Merrin
15. Lawrie
18. Host

Just my opinion on the team that he may decide on. He loves having a back on the bench so it could be even Rava or JP there but I think Host adds more balance.
I think your spot on except I think Hunt will start at 9 and Mciness to 13 . McGregor will try anything now !

slippery5

Juniors
My thoughts are:

Dufty will play fullback
Norman to 5/8

3. Aitken
4. Lomax
20. Saab
1. Norman
7. Clune
8. Kerr
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Fuimaono
13. Graham

6. Hunt
14. Merrin
15. Lawrie
18. Host

If Saab comes into the side it's only because after watching Coate's high ball efforts for Broncos, he probably thought, ahhh maybe I should try that with our 6'4 winger???????

getsmarty

Immortal
Issac Luke becomes first disgruntled Dragon to leave embattled club
Adrian Proszenko
June 13, 2020 — 10.05am
  • Send via Email

Luke’s departure after just three games will raise further questions about recruitment and team selection at St George Illawarra. The former Kiwi international was signed as a backup to Cameron McInnes after Reece Robson shifted to North Queensland in the off season. But after just three appearances for the Dragons, Luke has been released to add experience to a Broncos outfit missing the injured Jake Turpin. The veteran rake’s arrival will also assist with the development of promising young dummy half Cory Paix.

Luke informed his Dragons teammates of his decision after coming to terms with Brisbane on a deal for the rest of the year.

The development comes just a week after Dragons recruitment target Moses Suli knocked back a three-year, $2 million deal to re-sign at Manly on a two-year deal worth half as much. Star forward Tyson Frizell will also leave at the end of the season in the belief he has a greater chance of winning a premiership at Newcastle. The dramas are hardly a ringing endorsement for the last-placed club, the only one yet to win a game in 2020.

The St George Illawarra board opted to publicly offer McGregor their full support following an emergency board meeting earlier in the week at which many pundits believed the coach would be axed. The Dragons have won just two of their past 14 games, both against wooden spooners Gold Coast, coming into their local derby with Cronulla at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday.

e1ed87927515938b1cf86a46ac3fc035fe58f557

Issac Luke is heading to Brisbane due to a lack of opportunity at the Dragons.Credit:AAP

Dragons chief executive Ryan Webb believed the decision to publicly back rather than sack McGregor would ease the pressure on the coach.

"He’s just appreciative of the club outwardly displaying support for him," Webb said during the week.

"I think he’s just keen to be getting on with the job now."

The Dragons again refused to grant Saab a release after a second meeting with his manager during the week. However, the 19-year-old winger remains unhappy at the club amid interest from other teams including the Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Rabbitohs, Storm and Sea Eagles.

Dufty had been sounded out by the Gold Coast, although they are likely to instead settle on another fullback currently unable to crack a first-grade spot, Wests Tigers utility Corey Thompson.

Sailor, the son of dual international Wendell, is also losing patience after being unable to break into a winless team. The 21-year-old impressed during the last three games of last season and was a standout during the Nines, but has again been overlooked for selection despite an injury suffered by outside back Brayden Wiliame.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/is...-to-leave-embattled-club-20200613-p5528m.html

possm

Coach
Just look at the back 5 match-ups between the Sharks and the Dragons. This says it all. Aitken and Pereira are going to get creamed.

There is absolutely no role for Dufty in this game, we need 4 forwards on the bench just to be competitive.

blacksafake

First Grade
Issac Luke becomes first disgruntled Dragon to leave embattled club
Adrian Proszenko
June 13, 2020 — 10.05am
  • Send via Email

Luke’s departure after just three games will raise further questions about recruitment and team selection at St George Illawarra. The former Kiwi international was signed as a backup to Cameron McInnes after Reece Robson shifted to North Queensland in the off season. But after just three appearances for the Dragons, Luke has been released to add experience to a Broncos outfit missing the injured Jake Turpin. The veteran rake’s arrival will also assist with the development of promising young dummy half Cory Paix.

Luke informed his Dragons teammates of his decision after coming to terms with Brisbane on a deal for the rest of the year.

The development comes just a week after Dragons recruitment target Moses Suli knocked back a three-year, $2 million deal to re-sign at Manly on a two-year deal worth half as much. Star forward Tyson Frizell will also leave at the end of the season in the belief he has a greater chance of winning a premiership at Newcastle. The dramas are hardly a ringing endorsement for the last-placed club, the only one yet to win a game in 2020.

The St George Illawarra board opted to publicly offer McGregor their full support following an emergency board meeting earlier in the week at which many pundits believed the coach would be axed. The Dragons have won just two of their past 14 games, both against wooden spooners Gold Coast, coming into their local derby with Cronulla at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday.

e1ed87927515938b1cf86a46ac3fc035fe58f557

Issac Luke is heading to Brisbane due to a lack of opportunity at the Dragons.Credit:AAP

Dragons chief executive Ryan Webb believed the decision to publicly back rather than sack McGregor would ease the pressure on the coach.

"He’s just appreciative of the club outwardly displaying support for him," Webb said during the week.

"I think he’s just keen to be getting on with the job now."

The Dragons again refused to grant Saab a release after a second meeting with his manager during the week. However, the 19-year-old winger remains unhappy at the club amid interest from other teams including the Tigers, Bulldogs, Warriors, Rabbitohs, Storm and Sea Eagles.

Dufty had been sounded out by the Gold Coast, although they are likely to instead settle on another fullback currently unable to crack a first-grade spot, Wests Tigers utility Corey Thompson.

Sailor, the son of dual international Wendell, is also losing patience after being unable to break into a winless team. The 21-year-old impressed during the last three games of last season and was a standout during the Nines, but has again been overlooked for selection despite an injury suffered by outside back Brayden Wiliame.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/is...-to-leave-embattled-club-20200613-p5528m.html
Is this an immediate release.

Latest posts