What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

Gareth67

First Grade
C94A1E86-C300-46A8-8596-2B712326583D.jpeg

This is the difference between the McGregor coached Dragons ( and in reality any other NRL team ) . The Bulldogs completed their set for a gain of 75 meters , whereas the Dragons ( miraculously ) completed a set and LOST 5 meters .

And the coach does not need to be replaced ? ? ?

As for the Sharks match , I am afraid that I just don’t give a damn any longer , the board and those who control them have crushed the soul of the team and the life-blood of all teams - the all important supporters .

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
My team.
1 dufty
2 Saab
3 Lomax
4 lafai
5 Rava
6 Norman
7 clune
13 Mcinnes
12 friz
11 Tyrell
10 Vaughan
9.hunt
8 Kerr
14 Graham
15 k sims
16 ford
17 mez
Lawrie and Aitken would never get close to getting a game

possm

Coach
My team.
1 dufty
2 Saab
3 Lomax
4 lafai
5 Rava
6 Norman
7 clune
13 Mcinnes
12 friz
11 Tyrell
10 Vaughan
9.hunt
8 Kerr
14 Graham
15 k sims
16 ford
17 mez
Lawrie and Aitken would never get close to getting a game
No T Sims? How about Ford or Tyrell at left centre, Lafai is rubbish. Lowrie in place of Graham who in my opinion is no longer fit for first grade.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I still want the Dragons to win, I hate the Sharks. It looks like regardless of results while is Gordon 91 years stubborn Mary will be the coach so we may as well get some excitement. I’m hoping for a drastic change in the team sheet. Can’t just carry two forwards on the bench. If he’s worried about a back going down we have forwards that can play backs but if say Vaughan or Friz go down good luck with that especially with Fuimaono at second row. Is he a proven 80 minute player?

hazzbeen

Bench
I hate the sharks even more then the eels, saying that I hope they win 30-0. I just want to hear what McIdiot says after the game
Well join my club , every game they play I will be going for who ever we play to smash us and keep us try less ..... They treat us fans with no respect , they call for a emergency board meeting to tell us all Mary is safe ..... So I got no respect for them either ..... Go the rest of the premiership ....

With the level of disillusionment you show, it is obvious the club is in a very bad way and cannot easily be fixed without major restructuring. The players look like zombies out on the field and don't play with any freedom. Of course the opposition are there to quell any freedom the other team might have. There is no player in the Dragons backline that has any of the freedom or verve that the likes of Ponga for Newcastle has. The forwards are like rigid robots just going through the motions.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Apart from Clune and Lomax, the backline is rubbish. The forwards all play one out. I notice that Saab has been included in this week's
squad and Korbin Sims. Maybe both have threatened to leave and I guess Sailor has already signed elsewhere for next year. When he gets better why not put Ramsey in the team.
I say blood all the good young players as the oldies have all run their race. Given that all players are fit the side I would select would be:-
Ramsey
Sauni-Esau
Lomax
Fuimaono
Saab
Sailor
Clune
Frizell
Ford
Sims
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Host
Blacker
Gale
Brittain
Vacant spot
Reserves
Lovodua
Dufty
Feagai
Sullivan
Lawrie
Feagai
Williame
De Belin
Release:-
Hunt
Norman
Lafai
Aitken
Graham
Luke
Ravalawa
Pereira

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Apart from Clune and Lomax, the backline is rubbish. The forwards all play one out. I notice that Saab has been included in this week's
squad and Korbin Sims. Maybe both have threatened to leave and I guess Sailor has already signed elsewhere for next year. When he gets better why not put Ramsey in the team.
I say blood all the good young players as the oldies have all run their race. Given that all players are fit the side I would select would be:-
Ramsey
Sauni-Esau
Lomax
Fuimaono
Saab
Sailor
Clune
Frizell
Ford
Sims
Vaughan
Mc Innes
Kerr
Host
Blacker
Gale
Brittain
Vacant spot
Reserves
Lovodua
Dufty
Feagai
Sullivan
Lawrie
Feagai
Williame
De Belin
Release:-
Hunt
Norman
Lafai
Aitken
Graham
Luke
Ravalawa
Pereira
I reckon it’s absolutely essential that we give players a go. Even if there is a rotation policy where we give 2-3 players a rest each week and replace with squad members. This is a setup year, we need to know who we keep and build a team around and who we let go because no guns are coming here. Our only hope are some rough diamonds or players desperate for a shot at fg. My number one pick would be Matt Burton, you could build a club around him. I watched him running Penrith the last couple of weeks and for a 20 year old so composed with Ponga like speed and footwork. He and Bud would be lightning. I’m dreaming though obviously.

SBD82

Coach
I’m going to work off the assumption that he can’t possibly be there for 2021, and just enjoy the rest of the year knowing that he’ll be gone.

And as an added bonus, any team that we beat from now until the end of the year will have the misfortune of being known as the team that couldn’t even beat the Mary coached 2020 dragons.

Hope we f**king belt the sharks.

RufusRex

Post Whore
No unforced changes to yesterday’s team on top of three last week is far from the shake-up required.

Three immediate changes that would improve our attack:

1. Bring in Sailor and Saab on the wings, shift Ravalawa to centre.

Ravalawa is worth a try in the centres. He runs hard, is quick, can break tackles and has a decent offload. He is also a hard body in defence. He must come off the wing where his mistake rate and inability to defuse bombs was exposed a long time ago.

To revert to Aitken as a default to Williame’s injury rather than affect some creative change to an insipid three-quarter line underscores why fans are fed up with the coach.

Saab is a no brainer. There is more to wing-play than metres, coach. His height offers a receiver to catch attacking kicks and safety in defending bombs. Also pace. Pereira is a great trier but we badly need class out wide.

Sailor offers youth, pace, energy. Enough said.

2. Jackson Ford into the 17. Another fact lost on the coach is how mobile, athletic back-rowers are taking over. Most clubs have them, guys who can run all day, bump off defenders and carry the ball with the pace to finish line-breaks. Not battering rams. This guy needs game time, if not a starting position. Good to see Fuimaono back too. Could have used him on Monday.

3. James Graham is all heart but we need an injection of youth and pace across the park. Lovodua is a good prospect. A clever player who can use the ball to create. He gets through his work and has the ability to develop into a great on-ball old-school lock. The type of player coming back into vogue since the rule changes have sped things up and the type we’ve missed with de Belin on the sidelines. He can also offer McInnes a break at hooker.

1. Norman
2. Sailor
3. Lomax
4. Ravalawa
5. Saab
6. Clune
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McInnes (c)
10. Vaughan
11. Frizell
12. Ford
13. Lovodua

14. Fuimaono
15. Merrin
16. Host or Graham
17. Dufty

God yes .. i have called on Rava to left centre all last year .. Was obvious to me the moment i saw him throw that inside ball to Norman and offload for Pereira for a few tries ...
In defence he hits very hard too ...
Take away the bomb aspect of his game and it is three yesses.

Banjo2014

Juniors
In the Philippines we have our 3-4 year olds go to Nusery - 7am to 11am (compulsory)
Kindie 4-5 from 7am to 11.30am

Pick a class any class for Little Paulie

On another note that Dean Ritchie mentioned the fans and members going nuts or crazy or whatever he said on the forums - this one?

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
God yes .. i have called on Rava to left centre all last year .. Was obvious to me the moment i saw him throw that inside ball to Norman and offload for Pereira for a few tries ...
In defence he hits very hard too ...
Take away the bomb aspect of his game and it is three yesses.

When we signed Viliame, I was underwhelmed- I was hoping I was wrong but I don't see much advance on either Aitken or Lafai in him- I'm happy to give Rav a chance at left centre and be the blockbusting Moses Suli we didn't get

Crush

Coach
I’m going to work off the assumption that he can’t possibly be there for 2021, and just enjoy the rest of the year knowing that he’ll be gone.

And as an added bonus, any team that we beat from now until the end of the year will have the misfortune of being known as the team that couldn’t even beat the Mary coached 2020 dragons.

Hope we f**king belt the sharks.
That would make me happy. I'd be straight onto the Sharkies forum for a lurk and giggle.
Those guys are pretty funny over there, I enjoy their forum, they destroy their team worse than we do. The Chad cops it!

Latest posts