What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 v Sharks

TruSaint

Referee
Lawrie, Dufty, Merrin & Host is still on the bench for now
Lightweight bench if you ask me
Saab and Ford are back ups for the bench
What curlys is McCantwin going to throw this time

Cheers,
Yes agree bench is a worry.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Possm add De Belin and Korbin Sims who will also be leaving which totals 10 players at least
for whom Millward will have to find journeyman replacements.
Why do we have to find journey men when there are so many young men looking for an opportunity. Breaking contracts don't seem a problem.

Gareth67

First Grade
The boys must lift themselves off the canvas and show some real ticker tomorrow.

Best approach is - as experience shows - is to throw the game plan out the window , listen to their captain , follow his example of honest toil and put everything they have into the game .

Nothing but a wholehearted effort will suffice , even if they do not come up with a win , at least give their supporters something to be pleased about - begin to restore the pride that has been so tarnished under Mary .

Dragons by 10 :innocent:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Technically we are the "home" team tomorrow, so I would think we would wear our traditional white and red V, surely this should install some pride in the players.

I still think the final make up of the team won't be known until an hour before kick-off, so I'm still on the thought that:

Dufty will play fullback
Hunt will go to the bench as the backup hooker
Saab will play in place of Ravalawa
Norman will go to 5/8

But, who knows what the genius will come up with!

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
L plate has already said Dufty will be in the 17 so here goes the stuffing around with the spine bullsh*t again. As stated by others our bench is poor.
I hate all these mid game positional changes. If you want McInnes to play lock let him start there not after he’s made 35 tackles at hooker and has no juice left. Hunt playing 7 and then swapping Norman back in the halves and bringing on Dufty. Hunt is seriously lacking confidence and Clune needs some continuity. Also McInnes is a warrior we all know but a rest on the bench now and again might pay dividends later in the season.
1.Dufty 6.Norman 7.Clune 9.McInnes 14.Hunt. Hunt coming on when the opposition are tired will be a great chance to regain some confidence and add a bit of spark to our attack.

Gareth67

First Grade
L plate has already said Dufty will be in the 17 so here goes the stuffing around with the spine bullsh*t again. As stated by others our bench is poor.

Last throw off the dice for the Dragons to gain some respect . They are like a punch drunk fighter down on one knee , they need to take a huge gulp of air and come out swinging for all their worth , otherwise they will remain on the canvas for the rest of the season .

George Dragon

Juniors
Technically we are the "home" team tomorrow, so I would think we would wear our traditional white and red V, surely this should install some pride in the players.

I still think the final make up of the team won't be known until an hour before kick-off, so I'm still on the thought that:

Dufty will play fullback
Hunt will go to the bench as the backup hooker
Saab will play in place of Ravalawa
Norman will go to 5/8

But, who knows what the genius will come up with!
We will be wearing the red V
I-17 will stay the same baring injury. He doesn't have it in him to make those changes.

Dracarys

Juniors
Confidence is wafer thin amongst the players so any strategy implemented will have to work immediately or they implode immediately. That said they’ll probably keep the ball alive at any cost very early on and try to get a few tries in front hoping the opposition lose their bottle. This approach is appropriately called a Hail Mary. Being a Sunday it could work.