What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
I personally can only see him as a lock. I'm still a fan of a ball playing lock, especially if your fullback is more of a runner like Edwards.

In saying that, wtf has he done to justify an extension.

A lot of players are getting starts on previous years form

Kilkenny

Coach
We may need that but there is no reason to rush on him.
Hardly going to be other clubs banging on his door with offers.

Each club still has to employ 30 players in there playing group so Tyrone despite his issues off the field could potentially be a valued member of our top 30. He may even prove to be so this season, time will tell.

franklin2323

Immortal
Each club still has to employ 30 players in there playing group so Tyrone despite his issues off the field could potentially be a valued member of our top 30. He may even prove to be so this season, time will tell.

Yeah $100-150k or so is a good deal for what he brings. Lock those guys up when you can

Fangs

Coach
He would be cheap. And you can bet he is on his last warning. Probably a clause in our favour.

I'd much prefer a player like May on the bench inside of Luai/Burton. We might get to see that at some point this year.

Kilkenny

Coach
Yeah $100-150k or so is a good deal for what he brings. Lock those guys up when you can

I’m not sure he would be prepared to accept such a big wage drop given his current deal is supposed to much more that $150K. He has had his issues but I’m sure there were suggestions his current deal was upwards of $250K a season and while I don’t place to much credence on media speculation he will surely not resign on those figures you have mentioned. Only the 26-30 ranked players in a roster earn the base wage.

WestyLife

First Grade
I’m not sure he would be prepared to accept such a big wage drop given his current deal is supposed to much more that $150K. He has had his issues but I’m sure there were suggestions his current deal was upwards of $250K a season and while I don’t place to much credence on media speculation he will surely not resign on those figures you have mentioned. Only the 26-30 ranked players in a roster earn the base wage.

His market value will be way Don with 2 indiscretions and now football for so long.

franklin2323

Immortal

He hasn’t played since the Sharks semi in 2018. It doesn’t leave him much bargaining power. 12 months on a very much reduced deal is best for both parties. Have him earn a bigger deal for 2022

Whino

Bench

That may be true but there is no rush to re-sign him. He has done buggar all on the field the past 18 months and plenty of trouble of it.
There is no reason the club couldn't have waited a few months to see how he performs. On the field and off it.
I don't see the problem with waiting. No other club is going to steal him off us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts