What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

possm

Coach
Not a prediction it’s a hunch .. not predicting anything . Just think about for one minute instead of being overreactive. We are looking for a coach he is available after this season. Put it this way - would you put $10 on him coming to the Dragons at 500/1?
I'm with you Mickey!

I've been hoping and praying that we find a way out of this mess and your hunch would deliver such a situation. So I am gonna support your hunch and join with you in celibration when I comes true.

BLM01

First Grade
Not a prediction it’s a hunch .. not predicting anything . Just think about for one minute instead of being overreactive. We are looking for a coach he is available after this season. Put it this way - would you put $10 on him coming to the Dragons at 500/1?
Na..waste of $10.
If every supporter of the Dragons (and there would be millions across the world) donated $10 we could just buy out the Gordons (nows the time as its value would be at its lowest) and buy the right people to run the football department.
The only problem is who to appoint in the boardroom positions..back office staff there will be plenty of candidates.
All of the above would have more chance than Bellamy coming to our rabble
Millward is next in line for the coaching job

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’m not sure I’d call that a hunch, maybe a distant dream would be a more apt description. Looking at it logically you could say it’s not absolutely impossible but it’s extremely unlikely.

possm

Coach
St George has the funds to buy out WIN Corp / Gordons however, their shares are currently not for sale. All that would be needed if St George did buy out WIN Corp / Gordon shares is for a restructure of their membership rights and rules for appointment to the Board.

Members to vote in Board Members annually rather than St George Leagues Club Boad Members decide who will sit on the St George Football Club's Board.

The Gordons and WIN Cor could better support us by taking on TPA and financially supporting our feeder club Illawarra.

hazzbeen

Bench
Well mate , good on you for hoping and I dream that it would happen , but at the moment we are living a nightmare ......

Dragon David

First Grade
Well mate , good on you for hoping and I dream that it would happen , but at the moment we are living a nightmare ......

Us mad Dragons supporters have been praying for a miracle since 2010. Most of our dreams have turned into nightmares with Mary as the central figure in all of them.

We will all need to one day go through hypnotherapy with a clinical psychologist to get over them.

Bellamy coming to us will indeed be a miracle of the highest order.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I think the media are having a field day with 'underperforming' coaches atm, wasn't it only last week:

Bennett > Dragons
Wane > Bulldogs
Eddie Jones > Sharks

Then it was
Bennett to stay at Bunnies
Bellamy > Bulldogs

Now it's
Bellamy > Dragons

Seems like a game of tick-tac-toe

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think the media are having a field day with 'underperforming' coaches atm, wasn't it only last week:

Bennett > Dragons
Wane > Bulldogs
Eddie Jones > Sharks

Then it was
Bennett to stay at Bunnies
Bellamy > Bulldogs

Now it's
Bellamy > Dragons

Seems like a game of tick-tac-toe
Not even the media have the imagination to link Bellamy with us.

Gareth67

First Grade

mickey with respect matey , the Dragons had negotiated with Bellamy a number of years back . The man did consider the offer seriously , however as we now know he simply could not leave the Storm as that was where his heart was .

And yes you did not make a prediction , but merely a hunch . And the hunch is about the same as the odds of 500 - 1 that you mentioned , which I would not place 1 cent on .

In all seriousness I believe that he , Bellamy would be needing a long break from coaching as his stress levels would be over the moon at this point in time . So can you imagine what would happen to the poor sod if he ever did take up a contract with our gaggle of gooses that run the J.V. ? More than likely a major explosion of all of his interior arteries .

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
It's only a hunch but now that the Bulldogs are openly chasing Bellamy I have a feeling that Snr Gordon will make a power play for Bellamy to make up for all his inconspicuous absence..it would put our future in the safest hands possible and establish the Dragons as a powerhouse again in one fell swoop!
$500K to pay out Mcgregor
$4.5M to lure Bellamy who would be salivating at the junior nursery at his disposal.

Fair dinkum. Just a hunch.....FMD

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
When this doesn’t end up happening, it will definitely somehow positively be Illawarra’s fault.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Can't see the Gordon's spending that at all. They can't even pay out Mary. Warriors just sacked Kearney and Kearney's side and Saints made them look like champions 3 weeks ago. No errors till the 75th min......

Latest posts