What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Periera banned for 2-3 weeks will give him the chance he seeks...Move Rav to the left wing..try him on the other side. Saab is a right winger..and he will be marking his twin in Tupou this week
Agree, he won’t get a chance at Melbourne he will here. Once he starts he has a solid chance to cement his spot, and really show his wares to Melbourne might increase his 2021 contract but we need him now and need solid compensation if we are to let him go in 2021.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope not because 3 in a row is ridiculous in the salary cap era. I’ll supporting every team they play this season.
I know that people have said that the Roosters Roster is due to good management and with third party payments and as such their salary cap payments are compliant. Still puzzles me how they do it though!

I think that winning one grand final is bloody hard, let alone two in a row and then if the Roosters get the third one this year, the mind boggles. I thought that once a club wins one GF their roster tends to suffer for a few years and they come back to the field. They have of course lost Cronk, notably and a few others in a couple of years since winning in 2018 and 2019, but I don't think who they have lost were high priced players anyway. Yes good salary cap management has been given as the reason but to be able to consistently do it for the past three years is some achievement in this modern day rugby league competition don't you guys think?

Dragon David

First Grade
I know that people have said that the Roosters Roster is due to good management and with third party payments and as such their salary cap payments are compliant. Still puzzles me how they do it though!

I think that winning one grand final is bloody hard, let alone two in a row and then if the Roosters get the third one this year, the mind boggles. I thought that once a club wins one GF their roster tends to suffer for a few years and they come back to the field. They have of course lost Cronk, notably and a few others in a couple of years since winning in 2018 and 2019, but I don't think who they have lost were high priced players anyway. Yes good salary cap management has been given as the reason but to be able to consistently do it for the past three years is some achievement in this modern day rugby league competition don't you guys think?
I should have said ..."but I don't think who they have lost were high priced players anyway with the exception of Cronk".

Dragonslayer

First Grade
FMD.

The Roosters aren’t better than us because they’re (allegedly) rorting the cap.

They’re better than us because they make people accountable and don’t tolerate excuses.

Stop making excuses for the terrible way that our club is run.

I agree with this.

It seems one wants to run it as a business, where success empowers the brand, for the other its just a plaything, where success or failure share the same ground.

Both have benefactors with squillions, but one is willing to invest in success, the other has to get daddy's approval.
Along with this point is the use of allowable 'extras' under the Cap provisions, i think one utilises this very well, the other doesnt know it exists.

SBD82

Coach
That's correct....but more to it.......
I think you should stop alluding to it. You either have no proof or you’re unable to provide it (for legal reasons or otherwise).

But the point is that it’s a very convenient excuse for McGregor and co to fool the masses. The reality is that the Roosters as an organisation made meaningful change at the start of this decade in response to a shitty end to the previous one.

If we as a club don’t take the time to learn from that, we are destined to become another perpetual also ran club. Talking about brown paper bags is the sort of talk that will entrench our shitness.

Last edited:

SBD82

Coach
I agree with this.

It seems one wants to run it as a business, where success empowers the brand, for the other its just a plaything, where success or failure share the same ground.

Both have benefactors with squillions, but one is willing to invest in success, the other has to get daddy's approval.
Along with this point is the use of allowable 'extras' under the Cap provisions, i think one utilises this very well, the other doesnt know it exists.
They’ve also been ruthless. When you talk about club culture, the one that the Roosters have decided to embrace is “winner”. And they are relentless in their pursuit.

Moving on Pearce was utterly ruthless, but correct. Latrell too. Not paying overs to retain Fergo, Napa, RTS, Maloney, Watson, Guerra; all the right decisions.

Our club doesn’t have the ability to make these decisions.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think you should stop alluding to it. You either have no proof or you’re unable to provide it (for legal reasons or otherwise).

But the point is that it’s a very convenient excuse for McGregor and co to fool the masses. The reality is that the Roosters as an organisation made meaningful change at the start of this decade in response to a shitty end to the previous one.

If we as a club don’t take the time to learn from that, we are destined to become another perpetual also ran club. Talking about brown paper bags is the sort of talk that will entrench our shitness.

As this is a public forum, I will not comment any further...you can work it out from there...have a good day.

P.S My comments had nothing to do with our club....we are a mess Fullstop....it's akin to comparing a small corner store on its knees due to no customers, to a multi national conglomerate.

SBD82

Coach
As this is a public forum, I will not comment any further...you can work it out from there...have a good day.
This is such a cop out.

I can totally understand not airing things in s public forum, but it’s poor form to allude to things that shouldn’t be made public.

getsmarty

Immortal
This is such a cop out.

I can totally understand not airing things in s public forum, but it’s poor form to allude to things that shouldn’t be made public.

O.k Fair point...no problem...I will not share anything from this point onward.... ...Have a good day.

SBD82

Coach
O.k no problem...I will not share anything from this point onward....Happy ...Have a good day.

P.S you contradicted yourself....
I think I’ve written that badly. I agree that there are things that shouldn’t be shared on here. But you shouldn’t allude to them either. If they’re taboo then they’re taboo.

getsmarty

Immortal
I think I’ve written that badly. I agree that there are things that shouldn’t be shared on here. But you shouldn’t allude to them either. If they’re taboo then they’re taboo.

Point taken...as I stated above...no more passing on any info....Have a good day.

SBD82

Coach
Point taken...as I stated above...no more passing on any info....Have a good day.
Look. I appreciate you wishing it, but no matter how many times you say it I’m not having a good day. Not sure if that has come through in my rants.

Your post sounds upset though. Is that right? Or am I just misreading it?

Crush

Coach
Look. I appreciate you wishing it, but no matter how many times you say it I’m not having a good day. Not sure if that has come through in my rants.

Your post sounds upset though. Is that right? Or am I just misreading it?
SBD82, I presumed you already knew this but I'll bring you up to speed in case you don't know.
Have a good day is code for GO F**K YOURSELF.
Just FYI

getsmarty

Immortal
SBD82, I presumed you already knew this but I'll bring you up to speed in case you don't know.
Have a good day is code for GO F**K YOURSELF.
Just FYI

No..it actually just means have a good day.........I have no issue with what SBD82 quoted...all fair points...

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
images

getsmarty

Immortal
It's passive aggressive 101.
You know it. SBD82 knows it. We all know it.
Have a good day mate.

Not at all...your reading your own spin into my statement...absolutely no malice intended....

That's the problem with these forums...so much gets taken out of context.............

anyway I will leave it at that...have a good evening...