What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

soc123_au

Staff member
And they've conceded every try in our last two games, five straight.
Crighton shys away from contact is the problem. With a bit more confidence he will improve. His positioning is ok for the most part.

martielang

Bench
That’s why I can’t understand why people want to get rid of Whare. He had a much harder task last night & did a far better job. Put Naden / Burton in his place & we’d have a target on each edge.

That’s why I can’t understand why people want to get rid of Whare. He had a much harder task last night & did a far better job. Put Naden / Burton in his place & we’d have a target on each edge.

The team needs to find the next level, and I don’t think our current backline is going to get us there. Whare is still doing a competent job, but our right hand side offers very little in attack. That needs a solution.

So far this year I think it’s only 6 of our 20 tries have come on the right hand side.

Personally I wouldn’t put Naden there, I think he’s a winger. It’d be good to see how Burton handles the defence in the centres.

Overall I just don’t see how we can have a backline with 2 guys who hardly ever score. Even Edwards doesn’t score that much.

betcats

Referee
Whare misses plenty of tackles these days. He had a bad read last week that almost led to a try. He had a miss on Munster that let Melbourne get in good position two plays before storms first try. He’s just a solid defender who occasionally makes a big tackle, he isn’t a great defensive centre any more. He’s got one of the best defensive halves inside him and To’o outside him who is another great defender.

0 tries, 0 try assists 0 line breaks, he hasn’t registered a tackle break in 6 games this season. You can’t carry a dud offensive centre like that for to long imo.

Whare misses plenty of tackles these days. He had a bad read last week that almost led to a try. He had a miss on Munster that let Melbourne get in good position two plays before storms first try. He’s just a solid defender who occasionally makes a big tackle, he isn’t a great defensive centre any more. He’s got one of the best defensive halves inside him and To’o outside him who is another great defender.

0 tries, 0 try assists 0 line breaks, he hasn’t registered a tackle break in 6 games this season. You can’t carry a dud offensive centre like that for to long imo.

I’m thinking move Crichton to the right, and maybe Burton at the left centre. (Burton makes more sense on the left for his kicking)

Would want to see how Burton handled the defence before making it full time.

martielang

Bench
Olam & Munster hardly had a sniff down his side last night. For that one missed tackle, he shut down every raid that went down his side, made the right decision.

No issues at all with his attack last night. Passed It when he needed to & I think he was errorless? We are a very left orientated attack, maybe Edwards back gives Whare more opportunity but in saying that, defensively he is much more important to the team. Holds our whole right side together.

For every try Naden / Burton create or score on that edge that Whare wouldn’t, I’d safely guess they’d concede 3 times + more, based on their previous defensive decisions.

betcats

Referee
I’m thinking move Crichton to the right, and maybe Burton at the left centre. (Burton makes more sense on the left for his kicking)

Would want to see how Burton handled the defence before making it full time.

I’d get Naden or Burton in there somehow fir sure.

betcats

Referee
Olam & Munster hardly had a sniff down his side last night. For that one missed tackle, he shut down every raid that went down his side, made the right decision.

No issues at all with his attack last night. Passed It when he needed to & I think he was errorless? We are a very left orientated attack, maybe Edwards back gives Whare more opportunity but in saying that, defensively he is much more important to the team. Holds our whole right side together.

For every try Naden / Burton create or score on that edge that Whare wouldn’t, I’d safely guess they’d concede 3 times + more, based on their previous defensive decisions.

I’d give Cleary and To’o more credit for that right side defence last night than Whare. Whare is the worst defender out of those 3 that make up our right side defence.

martielang

Bench
I’d give Cleary and To’o more credit for that right side defence last night than Whare. Whare is the worst defender out of those 3 that make up our right side defence.

whatttttt. C’mon @betcats thats ridiculous. You work as a unit agreed, but your centre is & has always been your main decision maker on an edge.

betcats

Referee
whatttttt. C’mon @betcats thats ridiculous. You work as a unit agreed, but your centre is & has always been your main decision maker on an edge.

Cleary had some big cover tackles last night and does a lot of clean up work in general, and To’o’s decision making has been on point since he debuted and he doesn’t miss when he jams in.

Like I said before Whare misses quite a few tackles these days and like last night he often doesn’t stop the ball when he jams in. He makes more defensive errors than Cleary or To’o that is certain. He is a good defender no doubt but he’s dropped off quite a bit from his best defensive days.

betcats

Referee
If only the Roosters had Cleary and To'o to save Manu from Jennings. That's how it works right?

Cleary would of tackled Jennings for sure in Flannos place. So yes it helps a f**k load having very good defenders either side of you.