What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs Storm

WestyLife

First Grade
It is but if your going to use any footage from a game you will need to get permission from the NRL.
Old Panther makes Youtube clips. Maybe get in contact with him and find out how he did it.

Nice. Really highlights the defensive difference this year.

Yeah the whole copyright thing seems tricky and don't want to get into trouble here.

chrisD

Coach
It was a stupid point you made. Watch that last parra try and tell me Cleary would not of hammered Jennings in flannos place. Flanno actually took out his back rower coming over in cover with his shitness.
Jennings carved up because Manu, a very competent centre, isn't Whare defensively. It's that simple and good comedy how reality keeps f**king up these narratives.

betcats

Referee
Jennings carved up because Manu, a very competent centre, isn't Whare defensively. It's that simple and good comedy how reality keeps f**king up these narratives.

Lol you’re an idiot. You’re talking about parra and the roosters like it proves something for Whare ffs. You’re the one bringing in irrelevant narratives.

Having very good defenders either side of you helps a lot, are you really arguing that?

chrisD

Coach
Lol you’re an idiot. You’re talking about parra and the roosters like it proves something for Whare ffs. You’re the one bringing in irrelevant narratives.

Having very good defenders either side of you helps a lot, are you really arguing that?
Yes I am arguing that Manu getting cleaned up goes to show how good a performance Whare put in against Jennings and that the biggest factor in defending against an opposition centre is the ability of the centre guarding him, not the men inside and outside. What kind of clown would back themselves into a position where they had to try and argue against such blatantly obvious things?

WestyLife

First Grade

To add to this look at Kikau. Looked horrible with Maloney next to him and now looks very good.

betcats

Referee
Yes I am arguing that Manu getting cleaned up goes to show how good a performance Whare put in against Jennings and that the biggest factor in defending against an opposition centre is the ability of the centre guarding him, not the men inside and outside. What kind of clown would back themselves into a position where they had to try and argue against such blatantly obvious things?

Ffs I said To’o and Cleary were better defensively than Whare against the storm on Friday and are better defenders in general and you come in with some bullshit analogy with two completely different teams acting like it means something for Whare, you’re speaking rubbish basically.

WestyLife

First Grade
It is but if your going to use any footage from a game you will need to get permission from the NRL.
Old Panther makes Youtube clips. Maybe get in contact with him and find out how he did it.

Notice watching that how involved and enthusiastic Martin is in defence. Guy is so full of energy and aggression in a good way.

chrisD

Coach
Ffs I said To’o and Cleary were better defensively than Whare against the storm on Friday and are better defenders in general and you come in with some bullshit analogy with two completely different teams acting like it means something for Whare, you’re speaking rubbish basically.
Yeah you're acting like Whare is the weakest link, as if their tasks are equal and the men inside and outside of him are carrying the load. It is a blinkered point comically lacking perspective, perspective Jennings dominating Manu or Blake dominating Crichton should provide you.

franklin2323

Immortal
The team needs to find the next level, and I don’t think our current backline is going to get us there. Whare is still doing a competent job, but our right hand side offers very little in attack. That needs a solution.

So far this year I think it’s only 6 of our 20 tries have come on the right hand side.

Personally I wouldn’t put Naden there, I think he’s a winger. It’d be good to see how Burton handles the defence in the centres.

Overall I just don’t see how we can have a backline with 2 guys who hardly ever score. Even Edwards doesn’t score that much.

5/8 and centre aren’t too different in defence or attack even

franklin2323

Immortal
Olam & Munster hardly had a sniff down his side last night. For that one missed tackle, he shut down every raid that went down his side, made the right decision.

No issues at all with his attack last night. Passed It when he needed to & I think he was errorless? We are a very left orientated attack, maybe Edwards back gives Whare more opportunity but in saying that, defensively he is much more important to the team. Holds our whole right side together.

For every try Naden / Burton create or score on that edge that Whare wouldn’t, I’d safely guess they’d concede 3 times + more, based on their previous defensive decisions.

I back either of those to hold their own with Martin, Cleary and Yeo down that side

The way we are setup this year everyone does their job. We don’t have any one star but work well as a team

betcats

Referee
Yeah you're acting like Whare is the weakest link, as if their tasks are equal and the men inside and outside of him are carrying the load. It is a blinkered point comically lacking perspective, perspective Jennings dominating Manu or Blake dominating Crichton should provide you.

He was the weakest link against the storm, he had that bad miss against Munster. That’s all it takes when you are dealing defenders as good as To’o, Whare and Cleary. Watch the game again and tell me when To’o or Cleary made a defensive error worse than that.

Some people are giving Whare credit for shutting down Munster and Olam and basically he’s the reason our right side Defense is good. The fact is we have nothing but good defenders on that side of the field. Sure centre is a tough position to defend but that doesn’t mean Whare gets all the credit for everyone’s good work and none of the blame for his own mistakes. Whare makes the most defensive errors down that edge, I’ll stand by that statement.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
5/8 and centre aren’t too different in defence or attack even
Mate i keep telling you, centres are not a real position, its just where they put you when your too small to be a backrower and too short to be winger or too slow to be a fullback, or too enept to be a half... ask darius boyd

martielang

Bench
He was the weakest link against the storm, he had that bad miss against Munster. That’s all it takes when you are dealing defenders as good as To’o, Whare and Cleary. Watch the game again and tell me when To’o or Cleary made a defensive error worse than that.

Some people are giving Whare credit for shutting down Munster and Olam and basically he’s the reason our right side Defense is good. The fact is we have nothing but good defenders on that side of the field. Sure centre is a tough position to defend but that doesn’t mean Whare gets all the credit for everyone’s good work and none of the blame for his own mistakes. Whare makes the most defensive errors down that edge, I’ll stand by that statement.

No ones giving him all of the credit, you’re just giving him none of it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Let’s put another rookie there, going great guns on the other side of the field...

betcats

Referee
No ones giving him all of the credit, you’re just giving him none of it because it doesn’t fit your narrative. Let’s put another rookie there, going great guns on the other side of the field...

Bullshit. He was worse defensively then Cleary or to’o on Friday, I’ve given my reasons why, prove me wrong.

Latest posts