What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
We have young Sullivan too remember.
Yes, so if all three are kept (Sailor, Clune and Sullivan) and with Norman gone and Hunt as the back-up half come hooker, we will have a good blend of halves to choose from and all three local juniors which I like. Hopefully if we hold onto Saab then Sailor and Clune could encourage Saab to do some studies as Dragon Revival mentioned.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I with on this Dragon Revival - on Sailor being promoted to partner Clune , as they would very quickly renew their partnership that they had in the C.Cup . I like Clune as he has invigorated our attack since being in the top side .

Undoubtedly he does still have faults but the more NRL games he plays the quicker he will gain confidence and even more so with Sailor outside him .

If only the maestro was as smart as the rest of us . :thinking:

Gareth
I can see what you're saying re sailor it I agree with Forbes Sullivan is the future.
Sailor imo more suited to six or fullback.
But we need someone with coaching ability to bring these young guys through .. Unfortunately we've have no cc Cup this year at this stage they are all being held back also with Ramsay being injured he's missing almost been entire year.
We have some great back (Kids) coming though but we are lacking the frontrowers except young Dargo

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Yes, so if all three are kept (Sailor, Clune and Sullivan) and with Norman gone and Hunt as the back-up half come hooker, we will have a good blend of halves to choose from and all three local juniors which I like. Hopefully if we hold onto Saab then Sailor and Clune could encourage Saab to do some studies as Dragon Revival mentioned.

And what about young Wishart?

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
I can see what you're saying re sailor it I agree with Forbes Sullivan is the future.
Sailor imo more suited to six or fullback.
But we need someone with coaching ability to bring these young guys through .. Unfortunately we've have no cc Cup this year at this stage they are all being held back also with Ramsay being injured he's missing almost been entire year.
We have some great back (Kids) coming though but we are lacking the frontrowers except young Dargo

Thank goodness the Dragon’s stock of talented youth have not all gone . The success of so many other clubs ( and I dislike repeating what is and has been so obvious for far too long ) is that their young fellas are promoted by their respective coaches when the opportunity arises .

Wether that be through injury or even suspension - whatever the case be , they do get their chance at the other clubs . But not here , I don’t know how many other club’s games I watched but it always the same - I am mercerized by their speed and skills .

We don’t see this here at the Dragons , or very rarely. The time is well and truly past where these Canterbury Cup players should be playing in the first grade side - Week in - WEEK OUT .

I do sincerely hope that this new selection committee can undo the damage that our master coach has done . Youth is the way to go , as each of the other 15 teams have always known .

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Dragons should really wait for the NEW coach of 2021 (please make that happen) before they bring in new players for next season. Reason being, he might like what Saints have in the juniors like Saab, Tristian, Sullivan etc and actually give them a go rather than waste money. The new coach may actually TRUST the pathways system and not want reserve graders from other clubs......

Dragon David

First Grade
And what about young Wishart?
To be honest, I've not seen much of Tyran Wishart. He has good pedigree in that his dad is the one and only Rod Wishart. I believe he is still quite young - about 17 and looking at some of the news on him he has the talent to make first grade one day.

It is just a shame that this blasted Covid 19 negated the CC Cup and other grades being played this year so not able to see highlights etc.

Do you have much info on him Dragonslayer?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
To be honest, I've not seen much of Tyran Wishart. He has good pedigree in that his dad is the one and only Rod Wishart. I believe he is still quite young - about 17 and looking at some of the news on him he has the talent to make first grade one day.

It is just a shame that this blasted Covid 19 negated the CC Cup and other grades being played this year so not able to see highlights etc.

Do you have much info on him Dragonslayer?

Best person to ask is @George Dragon he's pretty much up to speed with our players.

There's also another junior that he may shed some light on too, name escapes me

Como Connection

First Grade
Piss Hunt off and use Billy, he'll do that job for far less dollars I say.
CC

Bench
Apart from a new coach we need a decent coach in the CC, he has to be able to work with all players, in particular the ones that will transition to first grade
A new first grade coach won’t be like McIdiot and pick the same players even though they have shifty games
We need to be professional on all grades in the club, our future if in our juniors playing for our club. Under McIdiot we see some of our juniors playing first grade, unfortunately they are with other teams

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Yeap of course but imo Sullivan is a beater player.
But young wishart is a good one.
I have seen Sullivan play in the Koori Knockout against men And the black cockatoos
team to victory. I think he's classy player
We should bring in Thurston to do a few sessions with him. He was once regarded too small. He could probably give him some handy pointers. Certainly more than Mary anyway. Paid of course.

BLM01

First Grade
Apart from a new coach we need a decent coach in the CC, he has to be able to work with all players, in particular the ones that will transition to first grade
A new first grade coach won’t be like McIdiot and pick the same players even though they have shifty games
We need to be professional on all grades in the club, our future if in our juniors playing for our club. Under McIdiot we see some of our juniors playing first grade, unfortunately they are with other teams
However, with the exception of Garrick what junior in recent years is doing really well.
Sorry I still dont rate Robson yet in a struggling Cowboys side anywhere near McInnes and Brittain fits in nicely as back up for Hunt or McInnes.... or Herbert whose hands are as bad as Rav at times.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
There are probably over a dozen ex-dragons juniors playing at other clubs. Apart from Garrick, I would not want any to return as they are either around 30, a bit erratic, injury prone or have social issues. Garrick had a poor year in our Canterbury Cup Team before he went to Manly. He is now back in form and also taking on goal kicking. I would be working to get him back as he is a solid player.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
However, with the exception of Garrick what junior in recent years is doing really well.
Sorry I still dont rate Robson yet in a struggling Cowboys side anywhere near McInnes and Brittain fits in nicely as back up for Hunt or McInnes.... or Herbert whose hands are as bad as Rav at times.
I watched Robson the other night for the Cows and he was atrocious. Obviously everyone has bad days but the thing with 9 is, it’s all good to be exciting out of dummy half but if you can’t do your key job of tackling like a mofo and getting crisp passes 99% of the time week after week after week you are basically no good. McInnes is a proven gun, versatile and an inspirational leader. They definitely made the right choice. I just hope he gets a GF in the red v.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Mc Innes reminds me a bit of Johnny Raper.
He is mobile, tireless, a good defender, sets up play well and is inspirational to his team mates.