What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 v Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
The guys can't afford to give the Roosters any 6 agains in the first 10-15 minutes at least. When they make tackles, each player needs to count fairly quickly to 2 and let go on the count of 3. They mustn't push down on the opposition after they make the tackle. Jut clear the ruck as quickly as possible and get in position to make tackles again as soon as possible. Somethings I'm sure that the coaches will insist on in the sheds. Will the players do it on the field?

redv13

Bench
The guys can't afford to give the Roosters any 6 agains in the first 10-15 minutes at least. When they make tackles, each player needs to count fairly quickly to 2 and let go on the count of 3. They mustn't push down on the opposition after they make the tackle. Jut clear the ruck as quickly as possible and get in position to make tackles again as soon as possible. Somethings I'm sure that the coaches will insist on in the sheds. Will the players do it on the field?
Nope!!
Teddy double
Bmoz double
Jmoz double
Tupou double
The poor rooster will be crowed out with 20 mins to go and will need replacing

redv13

Bench
Their forwards will bash us, their backs will run rings around us, their defence will be disciplined and on point, minimal 6 again conceded. Unless Robinson rests the whole starting 13 were in for a looonnngggg night

Dragon David

First Grade
I am just thinking and wondering about the coaches who attended the several Apollo meetings of which Wayne Pearce chaired during the lockdown/suspension of play period. One of the coaches was Trent Robinson.

Now, prior to the Covid 19 lockdown, the Roosters were 0-2 (beaten by the Panthers and the Sea Eagles) in Rounds 1 and 2. Albeit without Boyd Cordner who was out injured during those games.

The decision was made at the Apollo meetings, amongst other things, that instead of the ref blowing the whistle for a penalty in the ruck/play the ball infringements, that the ref would signal 6 again. I have a feeling that Trent Robinson instigated this to suit his team and he definitely wanted this rule to come into play when the league resumed.

Evidence of this is shown in their four wins in a row since the games resumed. They have virtually "killed" the four teams that they played and there was uncle Nick whinging about the hard draw the Roosters had when he knew that Robbo had the inside running on how the 6 again rule would help his team dominate all games.

I am just putting it out there for further comment.

TruSaint

Referee
I am just thinking and wondering about the coaches who attended the several Apollo meetings of which Wayne Pearce chaired during the lockdown/suspension of play period. One of the coaches was Trent Robinson.

Now, prior to the Covid 19 lockdown, the Roosters were 0-2 (beaten by the Panthers and the Sea Eagles) in Rounds 1 and 2. Albeit without Boyd Cordner who was out injured during those games.

The decision was made at the Apollo meetings, amongst other things, that instead of the ref blowing the whistle for a penalty in the ruck/play the ball infringements, that the ref would signal 6 again. I have a feeling that Trent Robinson instigated this to suit his team and he definitely wanted this rule to come into play when the league resumed.

Evidence of this is shown in their four wins in a row since the games resumed. They have virtually "killed" the four teams that they played and there was uncle Nick whinging about the hard draw the Roosters had when he knew that Robbo had the inside running on how the 6 again rule would help his team dominate all games.

Fair comment. Didnt all the coaches go ?

nickdragons90

Juniors
Why do the nrl even let the coaches near the rule book to begin with? Every coach that goes into the meeting will look to changes things to benefit his team. Coaches make decisions with one thing in mind. Winning. As for Friday night, 7:55pm ch9 to I might add, this could get ugly. Tedesco according to fox sports via daily telegraph is in doubt, if he doesn’t play maybe, just maybe we are a small percentage chance ?? Wishful thinking I know.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Well if he did congratulations to him because its a good rule change, I still hate the Rorters though and will go for every team that plays them this season.

getsmarty

Immortal
Robinson endorses Fitzgibbon as next coach
  • National Sport
    r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Roosters head coach Trent Robinson has predicted a top NRL role for his assistant Craig Fitzgibbon.
    Support is growing for Craig Fitzgibbon to become the next rookie NRL coach, with Trent Robinson describing his assistant as one of the best in the game.

Fitzgibbon is widely considered as a coach-in-waiting, having served as an assistant at the Sydney Roosters since 2012.

The 43-year-old former second-rower has been linked with a number of head coaching jobs in recent weeks, including St George Illawarra and the recently vacated Warriors gig.

Before Dragons coach Paul McGregor survived the axe two weeks ago, immortal Andrew Johns led the push for Fitzgibbon to land the role.

On the eve of Friday's clash between the Roosters and Dragons, Robinson had no hesitation in also backing the former second-rower to take a call.

"Fitzy's one of the best coaches in our game. There's no question that he's going to get tossed up (for jobs)," Robinson said on Thursday.

"But we're also really content and on a path here. Everybody knows Fitzy's his own man and he's a strong, strong coach and one of the best in the game.

"But we're in the middle of fighting for something special."

Roosters co-captain Boyd Cordner credited Fitzgibbon for his role in establishing what has been one of the league's best defensive setups in recent years.

The current team is aiming to keep their opponents under 20 for the 23rd straight game, a feat not achieved in almost 40 years.

"All our principles, everything you see out there - us moving on the field and us working for each other, he's the man behind it all," Cordner told AAP.

"Obviously you have Robbo who's the head coach, who oversees it. But Fitzy's been the heartbeat of our defence for as long as he's been there now."

The Warriors and Dragons are not the only clubs caught in a wildfire of speculation, with Canterbury and North Queensland also struggling for results.

Off-contract Bulldogs coach Dean Pay is in a fight to earn an extension, while Cowboys mentor Paul Green is also under pressure to turn their form around.

Robinson said that while coaches often wear the results, he believes clubs can do do more to support their main decision-makers.

"You get thrust in ... then no one says, 'These are the areas we want you to improve in, the areas we're looking at, what are we doing about them'," he said.

"And the speculation comes and everyone falls silent.

"We understand, coaching is no different in rugby league to every other sport.

"If you want to coach in football, it's pretty clear it's results-driven. You've got to win.

"But also, the responsibility of more than just one person is important in clubs."

Australian Associated Press

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au...on-endorses-fitzgibbon-as-next-coach/?cs=4783

getsmarty

Immortal
saab_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Updated
Presented By

24-hour warning: Round 7 v Sydney Roosters
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Thu 25 Jun 2020, 07:55 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has amended his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 7 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Bankwest Stadium on Friday, June 26.

Tim Lafai and Billy Brittain are the two players to make way from Tuesday's initial 21-man squad.

Jackson Ford will be joined by Jason Saab in their first games of season 2020, following Jordan Pereira's two-week suspension procured in the Dragons' 20-8 win over the Titans last weekend.

Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr have swapped between the starting team and the interchange otherwise.

It looks like you may be using adblocking software to view this site.

Many features on the site, such as video playback, may not work properly when using adblocking software.

Please whitelist our domain or disable your adblocker to access all features and videos.

Travel with the team to Brisbane

Amended NRL squad for Round 7 v Sydney Roosters –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects

Interchange:
14. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Jacob Host – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Korbin Sims
19. Tristan Sailor

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/06/25/nrl-team-round-7-v-sydney-roosters/

Belta

Juniors
Maybe vegetables would be better than flowers.

With them you can take it out on the slugs and snails that attack them and ultimately if you are really pissed off you can rip them out of the ground and chew their heads off.

I find it very therapeutic.

Man I thought I was bad ass splattering them with my foot, nup chewing their heads off - that sh#t, that’s next level. Love it!

Belta

Juniors
You are describing a winners philosophy which we don't have.
Losing is OK as long as McGregor is still the coach.
Being "loyal" and coming second last in 2019 is what our club philosophy is all about.
The sooner the Board adopt your rationale, the sooner we will start being competitive again.
There is nothing wrong with being a classic sore loser. View attachment 39435 sore loser.

I do honestly feel that is a huge underlying problem. losses should evoke a reaction from the players, embarrassment and pride should fired the @#$&s up, rally together, and not allow a repeat performance. It’s like turn up put a modest effort in, oh well we tried, if only the fair weather fans would get off our backs. Turn up and have a dig you ...., I’ll stop there, I’m going out the back to murder some snails.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
I wonder if we somehow pull a miracle his mates in the press will glorify him as the chosen one.

I can see it in Dufty and Lomax it’s not like they are shackled and are player footy instead of the one up and kick.

There is no way in hell this team just clicked albeit against shabby opposition but anyone with half a brain can see McGregor being used for after match press conferences only. It’s the only time the press have a laugh thinking what a goose

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Banged $150 on a head to head win. Problem is if we win he will put his face on that screen as if to say it’s all me. And if we lose hopefully he is gone.

Belta

Juniors
Banged $150 on a head to head win. Problem is if we win he will put his face on that screen as if to say it’s all me. And if we lose hopefully he is gone.

Good luck, it will be soo good if they can pull an upset win. The Rorters are chasing three straight premierships, right now I’ll settle for three straight wins.

getsmarty

Immortal
Tedesco out of clash with Dragons
  • r0_0_800_600_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Roosters star James Tedesco was concussed in this collision with Parramatta's Maika Sivo.
    James Tedesco has been ruled out of Friday night's NRL clash with St George Illawarra as part of a double blow for the Sydney Roosters.

Tedesco has failed to recover from a concussion to play in the match, while centre Josh Morris has also been ruled out with a minor calf issue.

Tedesco suffered a heavy knock when Maika Sivo flattened him in the Roosters' win over Parramatta last week.

The star fullback did not train in the club's captain's run on Thursday, before being ruled out of the game later that night.

The reigning premiers have already shown they have the ability to perform without the Dally M Medallist this year.

Just three weeks ago they flogged Brisbane 59-0 at Suncorp Stadium without the NSW and Australian representative.

Brett Morris will again deputise for him at the back, while Mitchell Aubusson will play at centre.

Australian Associated Press

https://www.theleader.com.au/story/6807338/tedesco-out-of-clash-with-dragons/?cs=13068

Latest posts