1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL & NRLW along with the match programme for the coming weekend of action in the NRL Finals, NRLW, Challenge Cup, Super League, NZRL and the Toulouges Nines!

In this week's edition Paul Jobber goes one-on-one with retired NRL match official Gavin Badger, Rick Edgerton looks at some of the legendary halves pairings as Penrith pair Nathan Cleary & Jarome Luai ascend to potential greatness, and we look at a world of rugby league this coming weekend with Steve Mascord.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Finals Week 3, NRLW Round 3, Challenge Cup Final, Super League Round 16, NZRL Premiership and Toulouges Nines programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 21 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 7 v Roosters

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by Dragon David, Jun 20, 2020.

1. redv13

redv13 Juniors

Did you just flush it down the toilet?? Mate we’re no hope tomorrow, hence the $7.50 .

2. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

I sincerely hope that the boys can pull themselves together and play some decent footy tomorrow , but unfortunately they are up against a in-form Rorters outfit whom I believe will show no mercy .

Robbo and his chicks have always enjoyed getting a win over our mob and I fear that he - Robinson will tell his players to score as many points as possible against us , just to rub salt into the maestros wounds.

I do hope that I am wrong .

3. Saints Forever

Saints Forever Bench

Tedesco out, Josh Morris out!

my revised prediction is we lose by 30 if we turn up in all red or win by 4 if we turn up in the red V.

Let’s go Saints

Boy I hate those Roosters!!!

4. Dorothy the Winowhore

Dorothy the Winowhore Juniors

Anzac Day today?

5. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

6. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

We are probably still $7.50 so the bookies still think Roosters do not have enough players out.
    But dont worry after you watch Mary's pre game interview we can all see that McWinLittle and the club have our house in order[/QUOTE]

7. Overseas dragon

Overseas dragon Juniors

Did anybody see the game a few weeks ago no Tedesco, Morris at full back humming still expecting a long night but GO THE BIG RED. VVVV

ALSGI likes this.
  8. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

Looking at their bench and the fact Friend looked injured last week I think our bench is pretty on par with theirs maybe better. It’s actually evened out a bit now but for the small issue of the coach.

Dragon David likes this.
  9. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

The really sad thing is apart from Penrith we haven't played any good teams this year, Roosters are going to teach us a footballing lesson tonight.

10. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Our guys need to play this game at speed and tough it out. Just hit hard in attack and defence. Maintain a very high possession rate by limiting mistakes and not give away penalties and many 6 agains. They need to do more offloads.

Just play the game as the Roosters play. Put loads of pressure on Morris and their halves.

11. Walpole

Walpole Juniors

You can't play the Roosters at their own game, they're too well drilled. If they show up at even 75% of their capabilities we can't beat them. The Dragons need to throw some things at them they aren't expecting, things that exploit their weaknesses (whatever they might be).

For that you need a game plan. For a game plan you need a coach.

Therein lies the problem.

12. Kiwi Dragon supporter

Kiwi Dragon supporter Juniors

It would be good if they can play like you describe, but I fear man for man the rorters can play that game better. Watching last weeks games the rorters looked slick whereas in comparison against the weak Titans, Dragons looked sluggish. How many offloads has Frizzell made this season?

Dragon David likes this.
  13. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Yes I agree and particularly with Tyson's approach to the games with no offloads. He is just going through the motions I think.
    The Roosters players know what they have in each other and play to their strengths. Everything they do has to be done with perfection in mind. We need to build on this very much and to strengthen our mindset to want to do things right all of the time but with no pressure applied.

14. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

I'd have korbin and sailor on bench instead of host and ford

15. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Fair call, but would be good to see how Ford goes. Would definitely like to see Sailor playing as well.

16. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

However we only just got beaten by Penrith.

17. Dragsters

Dragsters Bench

When they were rusty and no cleary...

18. Old Timer

Old Timer Coach

Not sure what people have been watching for the last how many ever years but Tyson is doing exactly he has always done.

You can count the number of offloads in his total career on 2 hands and the successful ones on 1 hand.

Just because he is leaving is no reason to say he is going through the motions as he for 1 is a far better person than to do that.

No doubt others have done that but not the Frizz he is still competing as he always has.

19. denis preston

denis preston Bench

Revival by name Revival by nature !!

20. denis preston

denis preston Bench

What sort of better player would he be under a different coaching structure ? You can add that to the rest of the poor bastards out there !

Old Timer likes this.