What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

BLM01

First Grade
Fitzgibbon says he will be going nowhere until the end of next year.Bennett says the same.The field is narrowing if Mary is gone at the end of this year.
And Seibold said late last year he had not had discussions with the Broncos.
Widdop said he had not asked for a release
Mary said Friz would not leave the Dragons while ever he was coach
Bill Clinton said he had not had sexual relations with ML...get my drift

TheFlash

Juniors
A clearly shattered Alex Johnston has come to the realisation that his dream of being a one club South Sydney player is over.

And he is now officially on the lookout for a new NRL club for next year.

Adamant he was not angry but emotional, Johnston has been told that the Rabbitohs simply can’t afford to fit him in under their salary cap.

“I would have to say I am pretty upset,” Johnston said.

“I wanted to be a one club player. I grew up as a Souths junior (playing for La Perouse). It is all I wanted.

3673f1d51223cf005b40b60d784da2d9

Alex Johnston won't be at South Sydney in 2021.
“But I have to face facts and face reality now. It is probably not going to happen. It looks like the way the salary cap is that Souths won’t retain me next year so I am going to have to look elsewhere.

“I am upset about that.”

But Johnston is also determined to go out with a bang at the Bunnies by chalking up one final milestone.

“I have scored 89 tries and I will try and crack 100 this year,” he said.

After that he wants to set about proving his best football is still to come.

Now 25, Johnston starred in an NRL commercial as a teenage boy playing the part of a young Greg Inglis, before debuting alongside the legend in 2014, the same year the Rabbitohs won the comp.

He then went on to play for Australia the following year and was be groomed to take over from Inglis as the club’s long-term fullback.

But the Bunnies’ backline stocks are chock full at the moment with the likes of Latrell Mitchell, Dane Gagai, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns and James Roberts.

Johnston said he doesn’t have a preference if he plays on the wing or at fullback, he just wants to show that he can be a valuable member to any team.

“I’d like to think so,” he continued.

“I want to prove a point. I know what I can give.

“It would be good to get some interest from other clubs. I do understand at the end of the day I can’t fit under the salary cap and they are going to have to move me on.

23d751f20cf522e293f3ad026737b621

“I am pretty upset by that but I have to face the facts. I am ready to get offers from wherever and whoever and go from there.

“I have a point to prove and I can contribute a lot to good teams. I want to win another comp as well.”

He said the fightback of the Morris brothers at the Roosters was also an inspiration to him.

“They have done everything in the game and they are still killing it,” he said.

He admitted the news he won’t be at Souths next year has been tough on his family, who are all Rabbitohs fans.

“Obviously it will be hard knowing how much the club meant to me and how hard it will be for me to move on,” he said.

“But wherever I am next they will definitely support.”

BLM01

First Grade
A clearly shattered Alex Johnston has come to the realisation that his dream of being a one club South Sydney player is over.

And he is now officially on the lookout for a new NRL club for next year.

Adamant he was not angry but emotional, Johnston has been told that the Rabbitohs simply can’t afford to fit him in under their salary cap.

“I would have to say I am pretty upset,” Johnston said.

“I wanted to be a one club player. I grew up as a Souths junior (playing for La Perouse). It is all I wanted.

3673f1d51223cf005b40b60d784da2d9

Alex Johnston won't be at South Sydney in 2021.
“But I have to face facts and face reality now. It is probably not going to happen. It looks like the way the salary cap is that Souths won’t retain me next year so I am going to have to look elsewhere.

“I am upset about that.”

But Johnston is also determined to go out with a bang at the Bunnies by chalking up one final milestone.

“I have scored 89 tries and I will try and crack 100 this year,” he said.

After that he wants to set about proving his best football is still to come.

Now 25, Johnston starred in an NRL commercial as a teenage boy playing the part of a young Greg Inglis, before debuting alongside the legend in 2014, the same year the Rabbitohs won the comp.

He then went on to play for Australia the following year and was be groomed to take over from Inglis as the club’s long-term fullback.

But the Bunnies’ backline stocks are chock full at the moment with the likes of Latrell Mitchell, Dane Gagai, Campbell Graham, Braidon Burns and James Roberts.

Johnston said he doesn’t have a preference if he plays on the wing or at fullback, he just wants to show that he can be a valuable member to any team.

“I’d like to think so,” he continued.

“I want to prove a point. I know what I can give.

“It would be good to get some interest from other clubs. I do understand at the end of the day I can’t fit under the salary cap and they are going to have to move me on.

23d751f20cf522e293f3ad026737b621

“I am pretty upset by that but I have to face the facts. I am ready to get offers from wherever and whoever and go from there.

“I have a point to prove and I can contribute a lot to good teams. I want to win another comp as well.”

He said the fightback of the Morris brothers at the Roosters was also an inspiration to him.

“They have done everything in the game and they are still killing it,” he said.

He admitted the news he won’t be at Souths next year has been tough on his family, who are all Rabbitohs fans.

“Obviously it will be hard knowing how much the club meant to me and how hard it will be for me to move on,” he said.

“But wherever I am next they will definitely support.”
Melbourne Storm will come a knocking if not already
Forget Dragons..basil said we have our wingers set for the next few years
And he is no fullback

I
Melbourne Storm will come a knocking if not already
Forget Dragons..basil said we have our wingers set for the next few years
And he is no fullback
id play him in the centre’s he played there plenty of times at the rabbits that’s where two of our problems are and he’d be a significant upgrade on the incumbents

BLM01

First Grade
I
id play him in the centre’s he played there plenty of times at the rabbits that’s where two of our problems are and he’d be a significant upgrade on the incumbents
Gday WCD..but not for me
Cant remember him playing centre at all..he is an out and out winger and finisher ..not a real contact man.
Zac does OK..but Yes we need another centre

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
I know they're all professionals now, and loyalty is all but dead, but I'm not a fan of recruiting these players that come out publicly stating they only ever wanted to stay with their current club, and their dreams have been shattered now, blah blah blah. It's obvious where his passion lies. We end up paying overs for players like Corey Norman who couldn't give a f**k

Dragon Revival

Juniors
We will lose all of our promising locals if we keep importing overrated players. I would prefer that we stay out of the player market until we get a competent coach. We spend our salary cap on elite players and still get the Wooden Spoon! Who has the Club rrcioted in the last 9 years that is worth it. Only a handful of recruits such as Widdop, Vaughan, Tariq Sims and Mc Innes. Others such as Packer, Masoe, Marshall, Mann, Mac Donald, Hunt, Graham, Norman, Maranta, Pearson and Luke
were a waste of space.

Gday WCD..but not for me
Cant remember him playing centre at all..he is an out and out winger and finisher ..not a real contact man.
Zac does OK..but Yes we need another centre
Gday mate hope you’re well I remember him playing at least one game but a penguin would be better than lafai and aitken lol

Lethal25

Juniors
AJ gone, Gagai will go with him most likely and hello Addo Carr to Souths. The Fox will sign with them in the next couple of weeks

Will be interesting to see if McGregor picks Lawrie today, hearing he has asked for a release to join Souths. He wants an immediate release but likely he'll go in 2021. Lawrie has told Souths he's fallen out with the coach, coming from a source within the Souths ranks

Dragonslayer

First Grade
AJ gone, Gagai will go with him most likely and hello Addo Carr to Souths. The Fox will sign with them in the next couple of weeks

Will be interesting to see if McGregor picks Lawrie today, hearing he has asked for a release to join Souths. He wants an immediate release but likely he'll go in 2021. Lawrie has told Souths he's fallen out with the coach, coming from a source within the Souths ranks

RedVDave

First Grade
We definitely need a high class winger Alex Johnston would be a quality signing, Corey Oates is seemingly on the outs at the Broncos I'd take him to. Addo-Carr & Gagai would also be good to however the likelihood of any of these guys signing with us is similar to that of me going on a date with Anna Kendrick.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I know they're all professionals now, and loyalty is all but dead, but I'm not a fan of recruiting these players that come out publicly stating they only ever wanted to stay with their current club, and their dreams have been shattered now, blah blah blah. It's obvious where his passion lies. We end up paying overs for players like Corey Norman who couldn't give a f**k
McInnes said the same. To me it says they are good club men.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

Where did you hear that juicy bit of info?

Latest posts