What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Swamp II

Who would win in a troll fight?

• Nemmywinks

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Horniest Horny

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • l0l@50uff$

Votes: 22 73.3%

• Total voters

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Where are the mods to keep this clean?
Where are the mods? Well, they're spending time with family, watching the footy, eating, working real jobs where they actually get paid... that sort of stuff.

I feel mostly for the forum members who can't find the report button, something that would actually assist the mods. Much easier to complain, contribute to the problem in the open forum and make extra work for the mods... who are never here anyway.

getsmarty

Immortal
This derailing of threads is becoming too common these days, most has little to do with football and mostly baiting and disengaging what the thread or even the post was about. Some will argue for the sake of arguing and some feel the need to respond even though they know it will only provoke a further response. Unfortunately, this has been BS masquerading as "healthy chat" and a blind eye turned to it for some time now, I'm sure it's viewed as a hilarious game of posting tennis. Which can be easily seen on this thread (and others) today.

@getsmarty please keep posting and updating us with any info you have it has been and will always be appreciated.

Thank you Dragonslayer......have a great day.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
And no mate, I've never stated that I was related to Doust. I'm not sure where the poster got that from. He/She must be confused.
I could be wrong but reading between the lines I suspect that Samy is of the opinion that at some point of time in some argument / discussion about Doust that muzby insinuated that you must be a relative of Doust.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I could be wrong but reading between the lines I suspect that Samy is of the opinion that at some point of time in some argument / discussion about Doust that muzby insinuated that you must be a relative of Doust.
At the risk of sending this thread off topic again, perhaps focus your posts less about me and more about the footy... It’s beyond a joke now.

Old Timer

Coach
At the risk of sending this thread off topic again, perhaps focus your posts less about me and more about the footy... It’s beyond a joke now.
If a post exists in the thread and someone can provide a meaningful response to it then why are you bleating about it?

If you think that posts shouldn't be responded to then by all means remove the original post and put it in the swamp.

Re me focussing on you that is just narcissistic on your part as the explanation I gave to Crush just happened to require your name being attached to it to provide clarity.

So I now look forward to you admonishing others as you tried to do with me.

SBD82

Coach
@Old Timer

Between you and I we’ve f**ked up enough threads. I’ll put my hand up and say that I have my own shortcomings. Although you may think that I’m full of shit, I genuinely respect JA and actively avoid engaging in this shit in there. I don’t much care that it happens on the main board (sorry everyone) because it’s generally a hive of trolls and idiocy anyway.

Maybe if we lay it all on the table we can have it out properly and leave it here in the swamp where it belongs?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Ahh good...

Now that this has been moved to the right location..

Yes OT, I’m concerned about how many times you feel the need to mention me..
As a quick search of my name in your posts reveals many mentions to many different people:
Blue pill pfff not required in my house but you might need them just so you can keep it up for muzby.
I make this point is to dispel the opinion some have that St George would not be able to stand alone and as muzby puts it be a CC competitor.
muzby and some others think I am just an old curmudgeon and I’d like to keep it that way.
Indeed you are confused just like muzby
Don't be frightened to get up those that disagree with you especially SB 82 & muzby as they love to dish it out but don't really comprehend anything remotely intelligent that you might say back to them so they will try and get you into a vortex and suck you down into the Illawarra swamp.
So why don't you wake up your alter ego and equally wankerish wanker muzby so he can join in so we can have a threesome?
Views alternate to yours and muzby are allowed or do we have to conform just because you say so?
Bailing out seems to be a tool you and muzby like to use rather than staying in for the fight.
You and muzby seem to think many things are aggressive when in fact they are not intended to be such so a matter of interpretation I suppose
Obviously there must be somebody who told you all how to react and interpret such things and therefore it should be taken as gospel and your interpretation must be correct.
For the record calling me offhand or flippant might have been more appropriate on your part
Now, whilst I appreciate the fact I’m not paying rent for that space I seem to be living in your head, you don’t need to reference me every time you get in a fight with different people.. It’s odd. I’m not sure if you’re doing it to try and start another fight or to try and use my name as some kind of insult (which if you are, it’s quite the compliment)

The ongoing stoushes are making us both look bad..

I get it, you don’t like me.. But constantly repeating the same long diatribe over and over again about your perceived failings that I have really aren’t doing anyone any favours..

You only have to look at how often people are saying “oh great, one of these again”..

So.. the choice is yours.. We can play the ball or play the man..

But I know what most people would prefer..

Willow

Assistant Moderator
@Old Timer

Between you and I we’ve f**ked up enough threads. I’ll put my hand up and say that I have my own shortcomings. Although you may think that I’m full of shit, I genuinely respect JA and actively avoid engaging in this shit in there. I don’t much care that it happens on the main board (sorry everyone) because it’s generally a hive of trolls and idiocy anyway.

Maybe if we lay it all on the table we can have it out properly and leave it here in the swamp where it belongs?
JA is a better place because of the open forum. New members are basically allowed into JA after 20 posts in the open Saints forum, and that judgment is based on the quality of their posts and if they are just trolls etc.

If some JA members think the open Saints forum is a good place to drop their trash, then I would respectively suggest that they reconsider their rights access to the JA forum.

I totally agree that any bitching should be kept in the Swamp, and have been requesting this for years. I'm not talking about banter and arguments, I refer specifically to those aggro posts where things turn nasty and derail entire threads.

Unfortunately, some people can't help themselves, despite the many requests. I only can put this down to a lack of respect.

That's why I frown at these "where are the mods" posts. As if it the mod's job to school others in respect and break up their silly squabbles. The responsibility for this falls at the feet of those who wish to escalate these things.

SBD82

Coach
If some JA members think the open Saints forum is a good place to drop their trash, then I would respectively suggest that they reconsider their rights access to the JA forum.
I take your point. I’d started to lose perspective because it often feels like the main forum is already ruined, so it doesn’t feel like I’m ruining anything. Not a good place to get to and I’ll keep your comment in mind.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I take your point. I’d started to lose perspective because it often feels like the main forum is already ruined, so it doesn’t feel like I’m ruining anything. Not a good place to get to and I’ll keep your comment in mind.
Well, first up let me say that you are not ruining it. You're adding to it.

It's the largest Saints forum online and combined with JA, the longest running. It is also the largest Club forum on LU, which has remained independent and self sufficient, and diverse.

We've seen our ups and downs.

Started off small and after 17 years we are still growing, and bringing people together. Friendships galore. We've mourned together, announced births, marriages and shared memories. And then we get to meet at the game and if good fortune allows, we have a drink together.

So hardly ruined.

I can assure you that plenty of people have tried to ruin us. In the early years, the trolling was much more than what it now. Some went to major extremes, DoS attacks were common, and that ain't half of it. So excuse me for having a different perspective.

You guys get along better than you think.

If you would like to be a moderator, then please let me know. No pay, less sleep, sometimes hard work but mostly rewarding. Plus the occasional drunk sending you PMs late at night because you dared to moderate them, for their own good. But that's part of the reward.

TruSaint

Referee

It's the largest Saints forum online and combined with JA, the longest running. It is also the largest Club forum on LU, which has remained independent and self sufficient, and diverse.

Started off small and after 17 years we are still growing, and bringing people together. Friendships galore. We've mourned together, announced births, marriages and shared memories. And then we get to meet at the game and if good fortune allows, we have a drink together.

So hardly ruined.

I can assure you that plenty of people have tried to ruin us. In the early years, the trolling was much more than what it now. Some went to major extremes, DoS attacks were common, and that ain't half of it. So excuse me for having a different perspective.

If you would like to be a moderator, then please let me know. No pay, less sleep, sometimes hard work but mostly rewarding. Plus the occasional drunk sending you PMs late at night because you dared to moderate them, for their own good. But that's part of the reward.

We have all added to derailing threads.

Easy done, but as you say this place has been around for a while and I can say its introduced me to many good folk, or which some I call now close friends.

Its a shame when it gets to a point though that people leave the joint as a result of ongoing battles.

Bottom line, we are all here because of a footy club. It's hard at times to accept opinions may be polar opposites, but time has taught me such battles are futile.

SBD82

Coach

So hardly ruined.

I’m not sure if the offer is tongue in cheek, but regardless I don’t think I’d be able to commit the time (or probably the patience) to the job. I’ve got a lot of respect for the thankless work that’s done in that area.

If I ever find any of the mods at the bar, I’d be most happy to offer some liquid compensation.

And if @TruSaint is around, he drinks free for the duration.

TruSaint

Referee
I’m not sure if the offer is tongue in cheek, but regardless I don’t think I’d be able to commit the time (or probably the patience) to the job. I’ve got a lot of respect for the thankless work that’s done in that area.

If I ever find any of the mods at the bar, I’d be most happy to offer some liquid compensation.

And if @TruSaint is around, he drinks free for the duration.

You may regret that brother hahahahaha...

Thanks for the nice words though.

Agree, being a mod here is a thankless task. I have stretched the boundaries at times, but overall this place runs well, considering the volume of posts and members.

Knight Dragon

Juniors
Jesus, settle guys, why don’t we meet at the all male brothel? My shout, it’ll be a good a time. Get rid of some pent up energy & thrash a few blue fins.

The frustration at being a Saints fan seems to getting to all of us at the moment.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
upload_2020-7-4_17-10-57.jpegYo, @Old Timer you’re clearly a cranky old muppet about something so let rip in here & stop ruining everyone’s forum experience...

upload_2020-7-4_17-10-57.jpeg

Latest posts