What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Sea Eagles

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Hasler has the wood on the Dragons especially when at the Dogs, Saints never beat them. I feel the same will continue from Manly. I know Mary fluked a win in Rd 6 last year against Manly (12-10) but that was Hasler's 6th game and he was probably still sorting out his roster. Manly flogged Saints 34-14 eight round later.

Manly's defence will cope easily against Saint's rubbish and predictable attack. Saints only time of scoring is if Manly put the cue in the rack like Canberra did when they got to 22-0.

be55

Juniors
Watching the first half last week was a new low for me. Screaming at the television at the pathetic effort of many of the players but in particular Corey Norman....I don't care what happened in the second half last week his performance alone in that first half would be enough for me to drop him so fast his head would spin if I was the coach...watching this over paid poor excuse for a rugby league player utterly refuse to engage the defensive line and move around the field with the urgency of a drunken sloth made my blood boil... listening to our enlightened coach at the press conference after the game something is giving me the feeling that he could pull the trigger on Norman this week and look elsewhere for a five eighth when the team is announced...if I was coach Norman would be gone and I'd bring Sailor into the side to play alongside Clune in the halves having played there together in reserve grade...I know Sailor has plenty of defensive deficiencies but I just can't put up with another week of watching Norman refuse to take the ball to the line... I've read comments on this forum talking about other players slotting in in the halves and at this point I'd like to see anyone named there other than Norman...I don't know why but something is giving me the feeling that McGregor could move on Norman this week but like in the past players can continually put in poor performances and still get selected under our inept coach...if you are in Sydney at around 4 o'clock when the team is announced and Normans name is there and you hear a load scream of f..k me sorry in advance that will be me...

redv13

Bench
Watching the first half last week was a new low for me. Screaming at the television at the pathetic effort of many of the players but in particular Corey Norman....I don't care what happened in the second half last week his performance alone in that first half would be enough for me to drop him so fast his head would spin if I was the coach...watching this over paid poor excuse for a rugby league player utterly refuse to engage the defensive line and move around the field with the urgency of a drunken sloth made my blood boil... listening to our enlightened coach at the press conference after the game something is giving me the feeling that he could pull the trigger on Norman this week and look elsewhere for a five eighth when the team is announced...if I was coach Norman would be gone and I'd bring Sailor into the side to play alongside Clune in the halves having played there together in reserve grade...I know Sailor has plenty of defensive deficiencies but I just can't put up with another week of watching Norman refuse to take the ball to the line... I've read comments on this forum talking about other players slotting in in the halves and at this point I'd like to see anyone named there other than Norman...I don't know why but something is giving me the feeling that McGregor could move on Norman this week but like in the past players can continually put in poor performances and still get selected under our inept coach...if you are in Sydney at around 4 o'clock when the team is announced and Normans name is there and you hear a load scream of f..k me sorry in advance that will be me...
Better get the warm salty water and start gurgling :face_palm_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️

getsmarty

Immortal
team_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Breaking
Presented By

NRL team: Round 9 v Sea Eagles
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 7 Jul 2020, 03:57 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 9 clash against the Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, July 12.

Tariq Sims (wrist) and Jordan Pereira (suspension) have been named to return for the Dragons, as Tyrell Fuimaono reverts to the bench and Korbin Sims and Jason Saab drop back to the reserves.

Ben Hunt has been named to start at hooker otherwise, with skipper Cameron McInnes named at lock and Trent Merrin moving back to the interchange.

NRL squad for Round 9 v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles –
1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Jordan Pereira – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Nutrition Station
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
7. Adam Clune – sponsored by Baytek Construction
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by SMAI
9. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox Property
11. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Cameron McInnes (c) – sponsored by Dincel Construction System

Interchange:
14. Trent Merrin – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
16. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
17. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Nutrition Station
19. Tristan Sailor
20. Jason Saab – sponsored by Baytek Construction
21. Korbin Sims

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/07/nrl-team-round-9-v-sea-eagles/

getsmarty

Immortal

Behind enemy lines: Round 9
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 7 Jul 2020, 04:06 PM

The Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles have named their mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Round 9 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Sunday, July 12.

Taniela Paseka will start and Morgan Boyle comes onto the interchange following the suspension of Addin Fonua-Blake.

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles' NRL squad for Round 9 v St George Illawarra Dragons –
1. Reuben Garrick
2. Jorge Taufua
3. Brad Parker
4. Moses Suli
5. Tevita Funa
6. Lachlan Croker
7. Daly Cherry-Evans
8. Taniela Paseka
9. Danny Levi
10. Martin Taupau
11. Joel Thompson
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

Interchange:
14. Cade Cust
15. Jack Gosiewski
16. Sean Keppie
17. Morgan Boyle
18. Corey Waddell
19. Brendan Elliot
20. Abbas Miski
21. Haumole Olakau'atu

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/07/07/behind-enemy-lines-round-9/

SBD82

Coach
I don’t like Hunt starting. I don’t see him as a starting 9. His value is in his speed around the ruck when the game opens up. I think that putting him into the first 20 slugfest is going to expose his average defence and nullify his attacking value.

Prove me wrong Benny.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think Rava deserved to be dropped, he has cost us a few games already with his handling. Saab was rubbish week 1 but a marked improvement week 2 I think he deserved to keep his spot based on that. Other than that it looks one of the better sides we have put out this season.

thebigredv

First Grade
Like the side, Hunt will be fine starting and the less mid game changes is good for both players allowing them to settle into their role.
Watch Cam improve if allowed to play lock all season.
Saab, not up to FG at present and JP deserves his spot back.
Rava will be fine, love him.
My new Kurt Mann.
CC

You are happy with Corey Norman being picked?

If he has any chance of becoming a better player he will need to be dropped to send a lasting message. He is that nonchalant as he is. Tristan Sailor would do a far superior job as he'd appreciate his position.

Como Connection

First Grade
You are happy with Corey Norman being picked?

If he has any chance of becoming a better player he will need to be dropped to send a lasting message. He is that nonchalant as he is. Tristan Sailor would do a far superior job as he'd appreciate his position.
Fair comment but Norman won't be dropped so it is what it is.
If he was dropped Hunt into his spot and Billy to play 80 minutes at hooker for me.
CC

redv13

Bench
I don’t like Hunt starting. I don’t see him as a starting 9. His value is in his speed around the ruck when the game opens up. I think that putting him into the first 20 slugfest is going to expose his average defence and nullify his attacking value.

Prove me wrong Benny.
SBD82, he starts at 9 for Qld and goes the distance. He’ll be fine and team will be more settled from the get go. I think we’re a red hot chance Sunday night to pluck the eagles

SBD82

Coach
SBD82, he starts at 9 for Qld and goes the distance. He’ll be fine and team will be more settled from the get go. I think we’re a red hot chance Sunday night to pluck the eagles
Hope you’re right mate, but his form and confidence has decreased pretty significantly since he last wore Maroon.

BLM01

First Grade
Good to see Saab not picked. Trying to threaten the dragons by saying he’d leave if he didn’t play first grade. Eat humble pie young man. You simply don’t cut it in first grade.
You can tell can you after 5 games in 1st grade in a losing side going backwards, down on confidence and making minimal metres from their pack.
Boy...some of these so called judges are quick to call on someones career
You need to look at Daniel Tupou's highlights in his 1st and 2nd season at the Chooks
Goes OK now but in fact his hands let him down the other night too

Latest posts