What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs the Sharks

betcats

Referee
The same game in which he played a half decent second half against a Warriors defence that were dominated by our pack and in the following weeks let in 26, 40 and 50.

Yes that same game where Burton was clearly the best half on field. He played well all game imo. Jerome had every chance in that game and establish himself as the better player against a weak team, but he didnt do that did he? Burton did.

chrisD

Coach
Yes that same game where Burton was clearly the best half on field. He played well all game imo.
Against a disinterested bad Warriors team. Behind a completely dominant pack. With the lion's share of the ball with the advantage of position. In a game in which we were barely under any pressure.

betcats

Referee
Against a disinterested bad Warriors team. Behind a completely dominant pack. With the lion's share of the ball with the advantage of position. In a game in which we were barely under any pressure.

You can talk down the opposition all you want it doesn't change the fact that Burton outplayed Jerome in that game.

WestyLife

First Grade

If the Warriors were so bad and Luai is the better half why did he not prove it? Would've been the perfect game.

chrisD

Coach
You can talk down the opposition all you want it doesn't change the fact that Burton outplayed Jerome in that game.
It's just context you'd rather not brought up because it doesn't serve your agenda. Their performances against the Warriors were unremarkable and no useful measuring stick for one against the other, unless you had headlines to write or were already blindly backing one.

betcats

Referee
It's just context you'd rather not brought up because it doesn't serve your agenda. Their performances against the Warriors were unremarkable and no useful measuring stick for one against the other, unless you had headlines to write or were already blindly backing one.

Hahah bullshit, it doesnt change the point i was making one bit since they were both playing against the same opposition.

betcats

Referee
He got the 3 points in the BIGGEST WIN OF OUR SEASON!!!

Exactly. Anyone who frequents this forum knows exactly who that win came against.

Here is some more context. In his third NRL appearance the 20 year old Rookie Burton outplayed the 23 year old Luai who was making his 21st appearance against a weak warriors team that our forwards dominated.

betcats

Referee
Which kind of makes it more amusing how desperate you are to make something of it.

Its kind of amusing how desperate you are to talk it down. Please feel free to tell us for the 5th time how bad the warriors are going.

chrisD

Coach
Its kind of amusing how desperate you are to talk it down. Please tell us for the 5th how bad the warriors are going.
Don't worry I will be there to remind you the next time you try driving the agenda with it again.

mxlegend99

Referee
The quality of the opposition is irrelevant when both players played against the same opposition behind the same forward pack.

There's literally no better way to compare the two players. It would be different if Luai had only played 2 games against Roosters and Storm. While Burton got 2 games against Warriors and Knights.

That would be apples and oranges. But in the 2 games both players were in. Burton edged Luai out. Yes the opposition was pretty poor. Yes our pack dominated. But Luai was literally his halves partner and they had the same 15 teammates playing against the same 17 opposition players. How are you ever going to get a better comparison then that?

betcats

Referee
Yes, you are absolutely without a pro Burton agenda.

lol

And you have a pro Luai agenda. I never disputed the 'context' you provided and yet you still felt the need to repeat it over and over and you even had to misquote me and put part of what I said in caps. It looks a lot more like you are the one posting with an agenda here.

One things for sure. It’s nice to debate about the embarrassment of riches that we seem to have in the halves department with the likes of Cleary, Luai, Burton and May currently on the books.

A far cry from the days where we had no choice but to select Luke Walsh, Maurice Blair and Jarrod Sammut!!

WestyLife

First Grade
One things for sure. It’s nice to debate about the embarrassment of riches that we seem to have in the halves department with the likes of Cleary, Luai, Burton and May currently on the books.

A far cry from the days where we had no choice but to select Luke Walsh, Maurice Blair and Jarrod Sammut!!

Feels good.

One reason Luai may be preferred to Burton is not because he’s a better individual player, but because he’s better suited to play with Cleary. So I wouldn’t boil the debate down to the better talent.

There’s a lot of merit to playing Burton at FB and having both of them on the field. Burton at FB will probably get as many touches as Luai, maybe more.

franklin2323

Immortal
One reason Luai may be preferred to Burton is not because he’s a better individual player, but because he’s better suited to play with Cleary. So I wouldn’t boil the debate down to the better talent.

There’s a lot of merit to playing Burton at FB and having both of them on the field. Burton at FB will probably get as many touches as Luai, maybe more.

That is why I hope Burton is patient let things play out and play in another position