What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cody Ramsey

possm

Coach
Titans offer has gone up to $1.25 mil a year.....hmmmm, Millward's fault if we don't sign him?
What are you saying, we don't have the salary cap or D Fifita is not worth the price tag.

We have some good young players under contract and because of this, we have room under our cap once the likes of Aitken, Lafai, Frizell, and maybe De Belin aren't with us at the end of this season. We need a top-grade replacement for Frizell and to me, D Fifita is the player.

The benefit of have young juniors in our ranks is that the load on the salary cap is not so great. We will have the cap space to replace Graham and Frizell with top-grade forwards. Hopefully, our bright young backs coming through will do the job. So a least for the next couple of years, we have the cap to bring in three top-grade players; two forwards and a left-centre.
For De Belin - McInnes is a good replacement.
For Frizell - D Fifita is an ideal recruit.
For James - we need a proven good first-grade prop.
For Aitken - Lomax is a good replacement.
For Lafai - I believe we still need to find a first-grade centre.
For Norman - Dufty or Sailor or Sulivan could work.
For Hunt - Clune appears to be the ideal replacement.
For fullback - I still believe that Ramsey is the solution.
For hooker - Hunt seems to be the way to go. If not we need to trade him.

BLM01

First Grade
What are you saying, we don't have the salary cap or D Fifita is not worth the price tag.

We have some good young players under contract and because of this, we have room under our cap once the likes of Aitken, Lafai, Frizell, and maybe De Belin aren't with us at the end of this season. We need a top-grade replacement for Frizell and to me, D Fifita is the player.

The benefit of have young juniors in our ranks is that the load on the salary cap is not so great. We will have the cap space to replace Graham and Frizell with top-grade forwards. Hopefully, our bright young backs coming through will do the job. So a least for the next couple of years, we have the cap to bring in three top-grade players; two forwards and a left-centre.
He is saying we also dont have attraction to move himself and maybe his familly 1,000 kms to play under..either Mary, unknown coach or team hanging down the bottom,,,,.dont blame him ATM frankly
And YES probably dont have the cap space to spend 1.3m (1/7th of your cap) a year on one 1 player in 2022 and beyond
Potentially great player...if not there already..but

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I think that we should just concentrate on youth as if we bring in over 30 year olds the young players will leave. Apart from Garrick we have lost little local talent that we can afford. If we lose the next group of promising players such as Clune, Dufty, Fegais, Lomax, Ramsay, Sauni-Esau, Schiller, Sullivan in the backs and Blacker, Brittain, Fuimaono, Gale, Host, Kerr, Lawrie and Morgan in the forwards, the Club will be in the wilderness from 2012 until 2030. We should use Cooper, Gasnier, Head and Nightingale to mentor the backs and Bailey, Creagh, Riddell and Weyman to mentor the forwards.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I think that we should just concentrate on youth as if we bring in over 30 year olds the young players will leave. Apart from Garrick we have lost little local talent that we can afford. If we lose the next group of promising players such as Clune, Dufty, Fegais, Lomax, Ramsay, Sauni-Esau, Schiller, Sullivan in the backs and Blacker, Brittain, Fuimaono, Gale, Host, Kerr, Lawrie and Morgan in the forwards, the Club will be in the wilderness from 2012 until 2030. We should use Cooper, Gasnier, Head and Nightingale to mentor the backs and Bailey, Creagh, Riddell and Weyman to mentor the forwards.
By 2030 I wouldn’t be shocked if we didn’t even exist tbh. League is a great game but parents just aren’t getting their kids into it these days. It’s something that has to be addressed and if I’m honest i can’t see my son ever playing the game.

redv13

Bench
By 2030 I wouldn’t be shocked if we didn’t even exist tbh. League is a great game but parents just aren’t getting their kids into it these days. It’s something that has to be addressed and if I’m honest i can’t see my son ever playing the game.
Sad but true FCD. Junior leagues are dying left right and centre whilst juniors for afl and soccer are flourishing and it’s getting worse every year.

Como Connection

First Grade
Silverman.
CC

Dragon David

First Grade
Sad but true FCD. Junior leagues are dying left right and centre whilst juniors for afl and soccer are flourishing and it’s getting worse every year.

In 2030, I'll be at the twilight of my life at which time there probably would be 1 less fan of league which I have been for nearly 60 years.

It's really hard to say where league is heading. My gut feeling is that it is losing it's popularity amongst the younger sports kids, particularly when the game is pitted against Soccer and the AFL and even Basketball. My two boys, who are in their mid twenties, used to follow the Knights years ago. They don't give a rats about them or any other club nowadays - just lost interest.

I think that a general survey should be conducted by the NRL to determine what kids are thinking of playing and also asking their parents what they want their kids to play. It would be interesting to see what the results would be. I would imagine that there would be quite a lot of pacific islander kids still interested in playing the sport as they tend to have the bodies to play it.

Thank goodness we had an era where the game was all that us fans looked forward to watching in those halcyon years of us dominating. Too bad how things have panned out these past 8 years. Looking forward to massive changes that will bring us right up again though.

Dragon David

First Grade
Sorry got off the track somewhat. Cody Ramsey has got stacks of potential and should be nurtured and developed for first grade. Hopefully he will be part of the 30 man squad this year.

True_Believer

Juniors
He is saying we also dont have attraction to move himself and maybe his familly 1,000 kms to play under..either Mary, unknown coach or team hanging down the bottom,,,,.dont blame him ATM frankly
And YES probably dont have the cap space to spend 1.3m (1/7th of your cap) a year on one 1 player in 2022 and beyond
Potentially great player...if not there already..but

Not to mention the oft touted "like for like" does not, in my opinion, mean paying 600k/year more for a player than the one we are losing.

Crush

Coach
Silverman.
CC
CC, I bumped into Silverman at Northies last Saturday night. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he was a complete dick. I am all fine for a bit of fun on a night out but his behaviour was unacceptable. We don't want his kind at our proud club. I'm afraid it's time to give up on the Silverman dream, he isn't worthy.

redv13

Bench

Possm, Brisbane to the GC is the same as Sydney to the Gong. Supposedly offered 1.25 mil for 2021 and he doesn’t have to move home/family etc if he wants to commute 1 hour. We have ZERO chance of enticing him south unless we pay absolutely crazy money like 1.5 mil a season and even then why would he??? Give it up mate, Millward can’t win this battle and even you can see that surely??

Gareth67

First Grade
The Dragons will not attract true quality players until ‘ he ‘ is gone , simple as that . We are a mess both at club level and as a rugby league team .

Unfortunately we no longer fit into the ‘ also-rans ‘ category as we have become members of the elite cellar dwellers group . It hurts me to say that , but it is fact .

hazzbeen

Bench
The Dragons will not attract true quality players until ‘ he ‘ is gone , simple as that . We are a mess both at club level and as a rugby league team .

Unfortunately we no longer fit into the ‘ also-rans ‘ category as we have become members of the elite cellar dwellers group . It hurts me to say that , but it is fact .
In other words we are F**KED ....

possm

Coach

That is why the Board should announce the name of the new head coach now. We need to compete for new players and we also need to have the new coach train our squad in the next off-season.

Gareth67

First Grade
That is why the Board should announce the name of the new head coach now. We need to compete for new players and we also need to have the new coach train our squad in the next off-season.

Your right possum , but to do so they would be placing themselves in a position whereby they are saying that the maestro will DEFINITELY be gone at seasons end . And our mob of penny pinchers will hang on until the fat lady has finally sung her last song before they open their Scotsman's wallets .

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Your right possum , but to do so they would be placing themselves in a position whereby they are saying that the maestro will DEFINITELY be gone at seasons end . And our mob of penny pinchers will hang on until the fat lady has finally sung her last song before they open their Scotsman's wallets .
Announcing a new coach will only give certainty and hope to fans, players and potential recruits unless of course, they plan to appoint Dean Young which would be jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Such an announcement would only make things worse.

No extra cost just the portion of Mary's contract from Nov 1 to the contract end date.

boardlumps62

Juniors

Don't think McIness holds a candle to JDB he is only 91kg is only a hooker size. Jack is special (well was) he cuts them in half can tackle hard to replace.

Dragon David

First Grade
Don't think McIness holds a candle to JDB he is only 91kg is only a hooker size. Jack is special (well was) he cuts them in half can tackle hard to replace.
If we had JDB last year and this year we would be in a better position. He is sorely missed and hard to replace that is for sure. Probably the best player on our books. He is both a good defender and attacker and has a good offload, some things others in our squad lack.

gitano

Juniors
CC, I bumped into Silverman at Northies last Saturday night. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but he was a complete dick. I am all fine for a bit of fun on a night out but his behaviour was unacceptable. We don't want his kind at our proud club. I'm afraid it's time to give up on the Silverman dream, he isn't worthy.
He's always been pleasant enough in my dealings with him. I do think his confidence gets mistaken for arrogance, but it's what makes him so dynamic on the field.

I didn't realise how quick he is, has Addo Carr covered they reckon

Latest posts