Cody Ramsey

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by George Dragon, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Forbes Creek Dragons

Forbes Creek Dragons Bench

If JDB was not at our club but was on the open market he would be my number 1 pick. He was just about to hit his absolute peak too. It’s a sad situation for all. Hope to see him in the red V again someday.

2. Saints Forever

Saints Forever Bench

Anyone know how Cody is progressing at training?

3. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Certainly would do just that and that is exactly what should be done if season 2021 is to be anywhere near successful .

However I repeat the J.V. board will not place themselves in a position whereby a ‘ set ‘ date is made to terminate McGregor's contract purely for the payout figure involved , at least not until they receive permission from those who really control the purse strings .

Your own and other Dragon supporter’s thinking is totally different from that of the hierarchy , unfortunately it would appear that it’s all about dollars and cents to them , whereas our own is based upon success on the field .

4. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Does he have EA covered.?

5. redv13

redv13 Juniors

The slugs in my front garden have EA covered, they won’t pull a hammy either and a couple of them have a great left/right pass

Dragsters, BLM01 and Saints Forever like this.
  6. George Dragon

George Dragon Juniors

7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

8. LINESPEED

LINESPEED Juniors

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Proud of you kid.
    Give us a treble

...& hope you’re given the latitude & grace given to Rav on his learning curve

9. Forbes Creek Dragons

He will be salivating outside Lomax.

10. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

And lets leave him in first grade for the next 3 games to gain as much experience as possible

Congrats Cody

Dragsters, ALSGI, I'm Hornby and 6 others like this.
  11. Forbes Creek Dragons

His running style reminds me of Brett Mullins.

12. blacksafake

blacksafake Guest

If he turns out 1/2 as good I’ll be happy

tumbidragon and Dragon David like this.
  13. getsmarty

getsmarty Referee

Cody Ramsey has been named to make NRL debut with St George Illawarra Dragons
    • Local Sport
      [​IMG]
      NAMED: Cody Ramsey will play in the NRL on Saturday after being named to make his debut for the Dragons. Photo: NRL PHOTOS
      Molong star Cody Ramsey will make his NRL debut on Saturday after being named on the wing ahead of the Dragons' clash with Canberra.

The former Orange CYMS junior and Manildra Rhinos' youth league premiership winner has waited patiently in the Dragons' wings after lighting up the NRL Nines tournament with the red and whites earlier in the season.

The 20-year-old grabbed four tries in as many outings at the Nines in February, including a hat-trick against Penrith, to be named in the team of the tournament.He'll become the 235th player to represent the joint-venture club.

Ramsey joins the starting line-up in place of regular winger, Fijian Mikaele Ravalawa, and will line-up outside the in-form Zac Lomax on the Dragons' right side.In other changes for the Dragons ahead of their clash with last year's runners-up, Paul Vaughan (suspension) returns in the front-row and will be joined alongside by the promoted, Dubbo product Kaide Ellis.

Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr revert to the interchange while Tyrell Fuimaono drops back to the reserves.St George Illawarra takes on the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, from 3pm on Saturday.
      • ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS: 1 Matt Dufty, 2 Jordan Pereira, 3 Euan Aitken, 4 Zac Lomax, 5 Cody Ramsey, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Adam Clune, 8 Kaide Ellis, 9 Ben Hunt, 10 Paul Vaughan, 11 Tyson Frizell, 12 Jacob Host, 13 Cameron McInnes (c); Bench: 14 Billy Brittain, 15 Josh Kerr, 16 Blake Lawrie, 17 Jackson Ford; Reserves: 18 Eddie Blacker, 19 Tyrell Fuimaono, 20 Brayden Wiliame, 21 Max Feagai.

https://www.centralwesterndaily.com...ey-set-to-make-nrl-debut-after-shock-call-up/

ALSGI likes this.
  14. Forbes Creek Dragons

Yeah bloody oath

blacksafake likes this.
  15. thebigredv

thebigredv Juniors

Good luck Cody - Congrats. Hope you kill it!

16. Ghostrider22

Ghostrider22 Juniors

Good on him about time speed

hazzbeen and getsmarty like this.
  17. possm

possm Coach

I'm thinking both Ramsey and Schiller will come into first grade via the wing position and then one will eventually be our long term fullback. I'm tipping Ramsey to be great at fullback but eventually make way for Schiller who will be our long term fullback.

Both Ramsey and Schiller are very quick but also have a bigger frame than Dufty so, at the back in defence they should be fine.

RedV Resurgence likes this.
  18. kit66

kit66 Juniors

This is great news, can't wait to see how he goes. It's almost tempted me to hook up Fox again.
    I think he could easily consign Rava to reserves if he performs like we know he can.
    Good luck Cody, give it your best !

hazzbeen likes this.
  19. ALSGI

ALSGI Bench

I’d rather he consign JP to reserves than RAVA.

20. Mjab

Mjab Juniors

You can do the Kayo free trial if you havent already

kit66 likes this.