What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaide Ellis signs

Maxwell

Juniors
Yeah. At least he's stabbed in the front by some on here. There's no need to go behind his back! Best if luck Kaide.
Just a reply here to people, I have followed dragons 60 odd years now through highs and lows and I am Grandfather to Kaide . Just clarifying some things for you you are entitled to your opinions but one of them seems like who ever wrote it has no idea . He has never been sent off , sin binned on his debut game in first grade , but never sent off . He is a middle or edge forward , and I will say he won’t let anyone down . Talk to Jamie Soward he has a big opinion of him has been playing cup football and was capt last 2 yrs of Panthers, played in the winning grand final panthers Intrust cup team then won man of the match against PNG in interstate cup , same year. And they are like running into a brick wall . But just give him a go , one thing whatever position he plays he will stick there in that position and won’t leave it , he’s a team player and won’t shirk his duties .

redv13

Bench
Just a reply here to people, I have followed dragons 60 odd years now through highs and lows and I am Grandfather to Kaide . Just clarifying some things for you you are entitled to your opinions but one of them seems like who ever wrote it has no idea . He has never been sent off , sin binned on his debut game in first grade , but never sent off . He is a middle or edge forward , and I will say he won’t let anyone down . Talk to Jamie Soward he has a big opinion of him has been playing cup football and was capt last 2 yrs of Panthers, played in the winning grand final panthers Intrust cup team then won man of the match against PNG in interstate cup , same year. And they are like running into a brick wall . But just give him a go , one thing whatever position he plays he will stick there in that position and won’t leave it , he’s a team player and won’t shirk his duties .
Well said Maxwell. Congrats for Kaide and welcome him to the dragons. Hope he kills it in the red V. You must be proud of him!!

We wish the boy well Maxwell

I am sure he will be hungry to impress

Hoping Flanno and Shep take him under their wings and give the kid a fair go

RedVee

First Grade
Congrats Maxwell, I hope he does well

Drewbrees

Juniors
Hey Maxwell, I used to play for the mighty Macquarie Raiders against your young bloke for years in the 90's. I hope young Kaide goes well in the Red V.

Kilkenny

Coach
Kaide Ellis is a very good player. Was never quite given a proper opportunity with us which is a shame, because he has all the attributes to be a very solid NRL player.

He will prove to be a very astute pick up if you guys give him a decent opportunity to show what he is worth.

Dragsters

First Grade

Welcome Kaide, wear the Mighty Red V with the pride it deserves...

dungay dragon

Juniors
I hope this is the Maxwell that i played cricket with the mighty Dubbo CYMS Cricket Club in the 80s ....
Max himself was multi talented sportsman so Kaide comes from quality stock...
i hope Kaide does really well playing for the Red V
Hope you and Lyne are well mate
Regards
BB

True_Believer

Juniors
If nothing else, I have learnt 3 things from this thread:

1. Possm is absolutely clueless and will bitch about Millward at every turn (although I already knew this)
  2. Kaide sounds like a promising young forward and I'm keen to see how he goes - hope he's given a good opportunity.
  3. Panthers supporters are a nice bunch - almost makes me wish I supported them instead. I said almost...

possm

Coach
If Millward won power ball and have you half, you would still be complaining. Put a sock in it
Just want things to turn around. Get rid of the 'old boy' appointments, the factions, and the under-performing players. Replace them with above-average people that can do the job well. If that happens you will only hear positive things from me.

I really hope the kid goes well however, to describe him as a replacement for Graham is more than a bit silly. We desperately need a bookend for Vaughan, a like for like replacement for Frizell and a marquee fullback/left-centre.

Kilkenny

Coach
He’ll go well, won man of the match in the intrurst super cup final vs the Hunters. He’s from Dubbo so probably pretty tough as they tend to be out there. Still young, pretty tall, and over 100kg so I’ll give him chance.

Honestly I am disappointed Kaide didn’t get the breaks he deserved with us. He has a big motor meaning he can play big minutes. He has an offload, if allowed to express himself. He is a leader. He is a super nice human being. Tough as teak. Will he play SOO no he won’t he isn’t quite at that level but if you want someone who will never turn his toes up, do the tough stuff and never, never let you down well he is your man. Sad to see him go but I understand it because he was fifth or sixth in line of our front rowers and it is time he gets a well deserved opportunity. I can guarantee this, you may never talk about Kaide winning you games of footy but you will respect his endeavour, work rate and commitment to the cause. I wish Kaide all the very best with you guys and I hope he goes on to play 150 NRL games or more.

Kilkenny

Coach
He’ll go well, won man of the match in the intrurst super cup final vs the Hunters. He’s from Dubbo so probably pretty tough as they tend to be out there. Still young, pretty tall, and over 100kg so I’ll give him chance.

Honestly I am disappointed Kaide didn’t get the breaks he deserved with us. He has a big motor meaning he can play big minutes. He has an offload, if allowed to express himself. He is a leader. He is a super nice human being. Tough as teak. Will he play SOO no he won’t he isn’t quite at that level but if you want someone who will never turn his toes up, do the tough stuff and never, never let you down well he is your man. Sad to see him go but I understand it because he was fifth or sixth in line of our front rowers and it is time he gets a well deserved opportunity. I can guarantee this, you may never talk about Kaide winning you games of footy but you will respect his endeavour, work rate and commitment to the cause. I wish Kaide all the very best with you guys and I hope he goes on to play 150 NRL games or more.