What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach
Wasn't Harry Grant 'loaned' to the Tigers with the option to return to the Storm (which he has subsequently decided to do)? Re-signing Cam just means they need to work out how to fit both him and Grant in the 17, which isn't an impossibility given Smith could actually play 7 with their structures. It isnt about $$
Cameron Smith, Brandon Smith and Harry Grant all want to play 9 and they all want to start. Cameron Smith might agree to play 7 but that leaves Jerome Hughes out (who has been playing very well) and there is still the issue of Brandon Smith / Harry Grant and who plays the majority of the game at 9.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Wasn't Harry Grant 'loaned' to the Tigers with the option to return to the Storm (which he has subsequently decided to do)? Re-signing Cam just means they need to work out how to fit both him and Grant in the 17, which isn't an impossibility given Smith could actually play 7 with their structures. It isnt about $$
Storm to win the comp. Cam to retire as a winner. Cam moves into an assistants role next year to transition into Head Coach when Bellyache finishes.
Harry Grant to start. Block of cheese on the bench.
Sorted.

strider

Post Whore
Storm to win the comp. Cam to retire as a winner. Cam moves into an assistants role next year to transition into Head Coach when Bellyache finishes.
Harry Grant to start. Block of cheese on the bench.
Sorted.
Block of cheese needs to resign himself to the fact he is better suited to #13 i reckon

Gronk

Staff member
The pump out juniors so they can not keep them all. Plus they signed Kikau from Cowboys. Would you trade Blore for the best 2md rower in game?
That question would have merit if the Panthers only had one backrower on their books.

I’ll tell you why they couldn’t keep him.

Because they are paying most of Reg and Waqa’s contract !

upload_2020-7-29_20-3-20.gif

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Kikau the best second rower in the game? Seriously?

It's funny how Lane is "out of form" and "needs to be dropped" despite averaging 137m and 29 tackles per game. Yet kikau is the games best second rower with 87m and 23 tackles per game.

The fact that "the game's best second rower" can have a game where he only runs 4 times for 33 metres and only attempting 34 tackles missing 5 and does not get any noticeable criticism shows that league experts don't actually watch the game, only highlight packages.

Noise

Coach
I'm sure they are paying most. No other club was interested in Waqa Blake or RCG.
Agree, but last year you said:
According to the news paper?
I reckon maybe they chipped in this year but that would be it. A few clubs where after DWZ not just us. And Blake would of had a lot of interest also. Je is worth 500-550k AMD other clubs would of offered that.
And a couple of weeks ago:
For this to happen it means when Penrith offered to let Blake go no other clubs where interested hey and they thought they'll need to chip in to get rid of him. Same as DWZ. I reckon a host of clubs would of been keen on both these two. My guess is Panthers took a hit on them both last season but now their current clubs are paying 100% and my guess is about 500k for Blake and 600k for DWZ who the dogs purchased as a fullback only to find out he is just a winger who wants to play fullback.

RCG is a different case. He would of been on about 750k.He had a few injuries and playing bad. Not many clubs would of wanted him for that price. But my guess is around 500-550k a few would of been interested. If it was 400k then most the comp would want to chat. They where not players nobody had any interest in.
I dare say Panthers are paying around the 150k for him for perhaps 3yrs of his contract and RCG may of been happy to wipe 50k off a year himself.
You are the new flip flopper

hindy111

Post Whore
Kikau the best second rower in the game? Seriously?

Who would you say? I don't think anyone is close attacking wise and his defense has gone up a few gears this year. Frizzled is on downhill slide. Cordner is still play well but his body had it. Fifita is promising but hasn't played enough yet. Crighton,,Matterson,Kafusi,Graheme.
Umm I would rate Kikau better then any at this stage of his career.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree, but last year you said:

And a couple of weeks ago:

You are the new flip flopper

I was being sarcastic. Plenty of clubs would of been interested at Blake at full price and RCG at 500k would of also interested plenty.

Agree. He was rated high. But with Kikau,Yeo,Martin and Capewell they are well covered.
Like our side. Is there much point on developing Schneider? Do we want a good young half or fullback to come through right now?
I'd say we want a good 2nd rower and centre/wing to come through. Props are always handy as easy to shuffle spots if a good one comes in.

So your saying Penrith have plenty of depth in back rowers and middles so why developed Blore.? Cause they are well covered. ?

So why wouldn't we develop Schneider ?
It's not like we have any depth at all at hooker apart from Mahoney.

So what your saying doesn't make any sense.
I'd understand your argument if we had depth at hooker but we don't .

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah they are.
Blore had a few injuries over the last few years otherwise would of made NRL debut sooner with Penrith.
Id be interested to know the extent of Blores past injurys mate. Given his love of contact im wondering if he is a Kaysa Pritchard type who plays harder than his body allows. Possibly he might need to temper his style to achieve longevity in the game. From one viewing I was super impressed with the kid.

Id be interested to know the extent of Blores past injurys mate. Given his love of contact im wondering if he is a Kaysa Pritchard type who plays harder than his body allows. Possibly he might need to temper his style to achieve longevity in the game. From one viewing I was super impressed with the kid.

Had some trouble with an elbow and more recently had shoulder surgery in 2019 hence why we didn't see him debut.
Shawn all ways played right edge back row in all rep games for Penrith and NSW school boys and origin.
Until 18 years of age played a bit of lock.
He is a very special player . I know Melbourne Storm chased him hard before resigning with Penrith a few years back

Gazzamatta

Coach
Had some trouble with an elbow and more recently had shoulder surgery in 2019 hence why we didn't see him debut.
Shawn all ways played right edge back row in all rep games for Penrith and NSW school boys and origin.
Until 18 years of age played a bit of lock.
He is a very special player . I know Melbourne Storm chased him hard before resigning with Penrith a few years back
So if it was a choice between Eels, Storm, Panthers and Tigers why the hell did he choose The Tigers?