What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Non-eels footy stuff

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
at least its an Aussie thing

one of my pet hates is all the new teams we have are all named after American teams,

we dont even have Cowboys in Oz ffs, we refer to them as stockmen

Noise

Coach

one of my pet hates is all the new teams we have are all named after American teams,

Yep, I prefer we stick with the traditional teams and their traditional Aussie names such as the Dragons, Panthers, Raiders, Knights and Tigers.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Yep, I prefer we stick with the traditional teams and their traditional Aussie names such as the Dragons, Panthers, Raiders, Knights and Tigers.

way to miss the point

Teams like Cowboys, Broncos, Crushers, Steelers and Storm are all existing American teams which the idiots who ran the NRL back copied and showed no originality, unlike Firehawks

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

It might be referring to Sydney real estate developers, though it's an odd mascot for a team in Townsville.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
way to miss the point

Teams like Cowboys, Broncos, Crushers, Steelers and Storm are all existing American teams which the idiots who ran the NRL back copied and showed no originality, unlike Firehawks
Crushers and Storm aren't American, are they?

Noise

Coach
way to miss the point

So your point is you don't like us using American team names? The Raiders, Panthers, Warriors, Sharks , Eagles (though slightly different to see eagles) and Tigers are also American team names as are the Titans. I guess you are only happy with the names: Rabbitohs, Roosters and Eels.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Anyone got a fence?
630857281-sitting_on_the_fence.gif

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
So your point is you don't like us using American team names? The Raiders, Panthers, Warriors, Sharks , Eagles (though slightly different to see eagles) and Tigers are also American team names as are the Titans. I guess you are only happy with the names: Rabbitohs, Roosters and Eels.

well done, I thought it was rather obvious but you eventually got there

Gronk

Staff member

Gronk

Staff member
I thought raptors were dinosaurs ffs

If birds are doing it then clearly its natural and just part of the environment ... Mother nature
They are arsonists, flying around giving zero f**ks and burn shit. They are nature’s ANTIFA !