What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Souths

Dragons4me

Juniors
Our highest paid players aren't game changers and our coach isn't about to drop either of them. So we'll dish up more of the same next week and the week after until the finals when we're not there and I can be put out of my misery.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Both Lomax and Rava looked busted tonight. I agree need to build for the future but I fear Mary will pick the same side. Sailor will be punted for one poor pass choice.I despair that anything will really change. Worse, to me it seems that Mary will see out his contract as we roller coaster along until end of 2021 as there seems no desire to force change.
Sailor actually looked good to me. All Souths attack went left and we had two blokes limping out there. Lomax made a few breaks passed to Rava he could barely run 10 meters. Johnson would have finished a break like that. All our attack went to our left also and in turn Aitken and JP looked great. Aitken had his best game in years now looks injured. JP was our best in the 2nd half. Norman sucked. I say now our season is pretty much done get the Feagai boys and Sailor into the team. Next weeks team will be interesting Rava is gone, Aitken looks gone, I reckon Lomax needs a week or two off. Sailor put in some nice kicks, and showed energy. Enough to replace Norman for me. I wouldn’t crucify any of our mistakes tonight, they were making metres at will and we could barely get to our 40. Pretty hard to play when a team gets you in the forwards. We desperately need one more prop.

Last edited:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
The Season was over when we lost last week.
Let's be honest, we are only staying competitive due to Duftys brilliant attacking skill. Its like all the other players make a break and just start looking for Dufty!
Under 10s stuff.
Pereria and Rava can't offload to Dufty quick enough!
And they're our wingers!
Yeah I noticed a few times players made breaks and they were just looking around for Dufty. If they just bloody run straight and hard instead of stopping and looking around for a couple of seconds they could at least make some metres. We really lack speed on the wings. I’m happy with Lomax (if fit) and Wiliame or Aitken in the centre’s as they can create some chances but we can’t have Dufty as our sole finisher.

Dragon David

First Grade
He also had an excellent run in the first half double right step...You blood the young guys, you gotta expect this. Aitken was very good tonight...what was the injury he came off with ?

P.S Also liked Sailor @ 6...

In my opinion we are missing some big mobile props...as soon as Vaughan and Kerr come off , they sliced through the middle like Butter. Makes you forget just how good JDB was in the middle.
JDB in the past almost 2 years, if he was allowed to play, would have made a massive difference in our defence. Players like him we lack now so it is up to the recruitment to bloody well get a few to make up for what we haven't had.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Mate seriously, his defensive reads have lead to a number of tries this season. I realise you're a fanboy but you can't ignore that there is a problem there - Bennett obviously identified it and exposed it.

Great in attack, but shows consistent problems in defence.
Mate Bennett identified he’s injured and Cody walkers preferred side is the left. Any right centre bogged behind our pack would have been tested by Walker tonight. On the front foot all night.

getsmarty

Immortal
Losing sux.

Our middle defence is still shit.

How we threw that away after 16-0 is nothing short of utterly embarrassing.

Thing is we were up 16 - 0 and souths had no ball....once they got some possession and momentum we were gone.

I think we are in for a few hard years....Time to start the re build...blood some young guys...buy some tough Middle forwards and Get rid of McGregor.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Well I was excited at the start and in the end the curtain is drawn bringing the season to a close.
As stated our forwards were small in comparison with South's and we are missing some speed out wide.
We need to recruit and get some punch up front then our small guys Hunt, Sailor and McGuiness and maybe Norman if here next year can benefit.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Norman Aitkin Piera Saab Sailor Rava
They all need letting go.
Not quick enough for NRL except for Sailor, and i am not sure if he has what it takes.

Latest posts