What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Souths

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
He also had an excellent run in the first half double right step...You blood the young guys, you gotta expect this. Aitken was very good tonight...what was the injury he came off with ?

P.S Also liked Sailor @ 6...

In my opinion we are missing some big mobile props...as soon as Vaughan and Kerr come off , they sliced through the middle like Butter. Makes you realize just how good JDB was in the middle.
Andrew Johns highlighted him in the pre game. He had a poor game but I’ll take Joeys opinion over any pleb in here with all respect. There is no need to be toxic and sit back waiting for every dropped ball, every missed tackle so you can say I told you so. He’s young and ever improving. He’s also with us for years so embrace him I say because no one else wants to sign with us.

Dragon David

First Grade
Geez we never fail to disappoint. We lack speed on the wings and sadly both Norman & Sims will never be rep players again. The broom needs to get ready for 2021, hopefully under a new coach driving the bus.
Tariq Sims is not the same player nowadays to what he was in 2018 and I don't think that he will recapture the form he had then. A shame really and Norman and Hunt still don't do anything for me.

The loss of Clune in the game against the Sharks and not playing tonight against Souths might have had a bearing on the results. All ifs and buts and never knows.

I said earlier before the game started that Souths backs will dominate - Johnstone 3 tries, Walker 2 tries, Mitchell try. Three of those were lucky. Walkers were bad reads and poor defence by us.

In several of the games we have played in 2020 we seem to have the upper hand only for the pendulum to swing against us time and time again and that ends with losses. So hard to take.

getsmarty

Immortal
Andrew Johns highlighted him in the pre game. He had a poor game but I’ll take Joeys opinion over any pleb in here with all respect. There is no need to be toxic and sit back waiting for every dropped ball, every missed tackle so you can say I told you so. He’s young and ever improving. He’s also with us for years so embrace him I say because no one else wants to sign with us.

Agree...Its his first full season not being shifted around from position to position. He will learn from his mistakes. Has too much upside...and we have seen glimpses this season. He made a few errors tonight...just the usual post game hysteria in here.

Reality is , we are in re build mode and that cannot happen until

1/. We get a decent coach

2/. Some hard nosed middle forwards.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree...Its his first full season not being shifted around from position to position. He will learn from his mistakes. Has too much upside...and we have seen glimpses this season. He made a few errors tonight...just the usual post game hysteria in here.

Reality is , we are in re build mode and that cannot happen until

1/. We get a decent coach

2/. Some hard nosed middle forwards.
It’s pretty hard to have to defend players like Walker and Johnson if they have room and you are backpedaling all night. It’s our middle defence that let us down. They made way to many easy metres and several tries right up the guts. Take out the two intercept tries and it’s even. Nobody bagged Gagai for his misses on Dufty and Aitken. An Origin player. Every week outside backs get beaten by other outside backs. If not no outside backs would ever score tries. It’s just that usually they don’t have a target on them from their own fans from age 20 or younger.

getsmarty

Immortal
It’s pretty hard to have to defend players like Walker and Johnson if they have room and you are backpedaling all night. It’s our middle defence that let us down. They made way to many easy metres and several tries right up the guts. Take out the two intercept tries and it’s even. Nobody bagged Gagai for his misses on Dufty and Aitken. An Origin player. Every week outside backs get beaten by other outside backs. If not no outside backs would ever score tries. It’s just that usually they don’t have a target on them.

You do realize I am a big supporter of Lomax....It should be clear to all and sundry how much talent the kid has.

blacksafake

First Grade
He also had an excellent run in the first half double right step...You blood the young guys, you gotta expect this. Aitken was very good tonight...what was the injury he came off with ?

P.S Also liked Sailor @ 6...

In my opinion we are missing some big mobile props...as soon as Vaughan and Kerr come off , they sliced through the middle like Butter. Makes you realize just how good JDB was in the middle.
Hamstring mate.

True_Believer

Juniors
You do realize I am a big supporter of Lomax....It should be clear to all and sundry how much talent the kid has.
I am not doubting that at all. As I said, attack wise yes. But he has a lot of work to do defensively. Aitken has been bashed from pillar to post for rushing out of the line. Now Lomax is doing it but it’s acceptable?

Old Timer

Coach
I am not doubting that at all. As I said, attack wise yes. But he has a lot of work to do defensively. Aitken has been bashed from pillar to post for rushing out of the line. Now Lomax is doing it but it’s acceptable?
I said a long long time ago that Hunt when at 7 and Frizzell also contribute badly to the RHS defensive debacles.

The simple fact is that our centres and winger on that edge are very often left to make decisions due to the ineptitude of those inside them especially when the opposition are pressing our line.

The problem not nearly as evident when Hunt is not in the 7 jumper and Sims plays on the RH side.

A short time ago Frizz and Sims swapped sides and things were better so why did they swap back?

gitano

Juniors

I'll tell you all why one day. Nobody in 5000+ posts has nailed it yet.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So injury and the forwards were the reasons for his poor reads?
The whole defensive line was stretched to pieces all night. On the probably two bad reads he made, he had to sprint across and cover a bit of ground. When players of the quality of his opposition get room like that you have two options slide or cut it off. On this occasion he probably felt he couldn’t get across so tried to cut it off. Turned out the wrong decision. Other times it stopped tries. It happens, all players make wrong decisions on occasion all 100% of players. Especially 20 year olds. Especially when forced to defend all night through lack of possession and field position. A consequence of our middle defence le

Old Timer

Coach
Tonight I did the 100km round trip to sit and watch the footy with the beloved grandson who wanted nothing more than a good showing by the team and possibly a win.

To see his face after 20 minutes was a delight and made it all so worthwhile.

To see his face after 80 minutes was just so sad (still worthwhile) but there was nothing that could be said to explain "why is it so".

Fo many of us in here we get to have some argy bargy with one another, agree, disagree, point fingers scream, swear and all the rest but watching young kids faces who have hopes and dreams shattered is a tragedy beyond fair.

We have often commented on the poor treatment of our junior footballers but the fact that we keep dishing this shit up to our young supporters and keep asking them to hold the line is beyond poor it is a disgrace.

RedVDave

First Grade
Just got back from the game, very frustrating we gave up a 16 point lead.
The cutout pass was caught on by Souths but we kept trying it despite it clearly failing.
The effort cannot be questioned the execution however is another story.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Our wingers are too slow and only Vaughan and Frizell have any thrust in the forwards. Norman should not be in the team as he does nothing. Dufty creates 50% of the attack. The whole roster needs a prune. The back row looks very thin especially with Frizell leaving and De Belin highly doubtful. Fuimaono is good in attack but poor in defence and has poor hands. The roster is poor and team wins one in three games which will get worse in 2021 with a worse roster.

Gareth67

First Grade
I realize that this has already been mentioned by others , but why oh why wasn’t Sailor brought on earlier than he did ? We know the answer to this , however surely this new selection committee should also have a say when to replace tired players or those who simply are not performing ?

Yet another very bad use of the reserve bench by the coach (?) - will not use his name as I am sick to death of his lack of ability - this was a winnable match , but only if the right players are put on the field.

Latest posts