What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Blacks v Australia Kangaroos in historic cross-code match

taipan

Referee
did anything more ever come from this?
Surely the best way would be to just play 2 games, union rules in a NZ game, then league rules in a game in Aus

Better get Bandana Head FitzSimon's thoughts on this, after all, he authorises what the NRL should or shouldn't do on everything related to rugby league. Even though Julia Roberts knows more about the game than this dipstick.

taste2taste

Juniors
Today there's more news of this game happening.

Apparently the NRL wants 8mil.

If this happens I hope a VERY large percentage of that 8mil goes to international footy helping the kiwis, Tonga, Samoa, Jamaica... And everyone else that needs a hand.

RedVee

First Grade
Today there's more news of this game happening.

Apparently the NRL wants 8mil.

If this happens I hope a VERY large percentage of that 8mil goes to international footy helping the kiwis, Tonga, Samoa, Jamaica... And everyone else that needs a hand.

no chance

Dark Corner

Juniors
If long haul international tours become a uncertainty in the future with Corona or anything after that then I should suggest that the NZRU/AB's and Super sides etc should just do what they should of done in the first place and come over to Rugby League as I'm sure the money be very attractive if the shit hits the fan.

taipan

Referee
If the ABlacks (union's most recognised and financial brand) is in desperate need of the loot, what does that say about the rest of Union's national teams?
If the NRL got $20m plus the players got a big fee for playing, if it were me running the NRL, I'd entertain the thought of going ahead.
ATM it seems to fill the ABs pockets and help union, therefore being a civic minded gent,I'd tell them to jam the idea and stick the Gilbert right up where the sun don't shine.

greenBV4

Bench
This game makes no sense. Why are we giving the struggling NZ Rugby Union a helping hand. If anything we should be going ahead with a RL international and looking to help out Samoa, Fiji and Tonga to help drive the nail into the RU coffin.
$$

It'll bring in money for both sides, which we probably also need

Nerd

Bench
$$

It'll bring in money for both sides, which we probably also need
In this uncertain climate that's debatable especially since full crowds may not be allowed into venues and why give a helping hand to RU who especially in Australia are struggling even worse that we are. To look at it another way if Rugby league was struggling would Union help out with a game like this? The answer is a big no as they at every opportunity seek to undermine Rugby league here and around the world.

Latest posts