1. Out Now: The Front Row rugby league magazine

The next edition of our exclusive weekly online e-magazine is here. The Front Row is your ideal guide to Round 12 of the NRL and Super League restart, with news, player stories, results, reports, teamlists, match stats and previews to accompany your weekend of footy viewing ahead.

This week's huge 44-page programme is a milestone in rugby league - the first global match programme covering both NRL and Super League under the same umbrella.

Some great features this week - an important chat Josh Wells has with a concussion expert on the way sports media approach head injuries; Paul Jobber speaks to Connor Watson as the Newcastle hooker position becomes more cursed; and legendary sports writer Steve Mascord joins the team with a piece on how Sunday's Super League restart will work as he interviews Leeds boss Gary Hetherington.

EDITION 10 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

All Blacks v Australia Kangaroos in historic cross-code match

Discussion in 'International' started by blue bags, Jun 25, 2020.

1. taipan

taipan Referee

Better get Bandana Head FitzSimon's thoughts on this, after all, he authorises what the NRL should or shouldn't do on everything related to rugby league. Even though Julia Roberts knows more about the game than this dipstick.

reanimate and blue bags like this.
  2. taste2taste

taste2taste Juniors

Today there's more news of this game happening.

Apparently the NRL wants 8mil.

If this happens I hope a VERY large percentage of that 8mil goes to international footy helping the kiwis, Tonga, Samoa, Jamaica... And everyone else that needs a hand.

blue bags likes this.
  3. morningstar

morningstar Juniors

4. RedVee

RedVee First Grade

no chance

blue bags likes this.
  5. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

I read they are looking at pay per view for it
    That has a high potential of backfiring on them

blue bags likes this.
  6. deluded pom?

deluded pom? Coach

blue bags likes this.
  7. Dark Corner

Dark Corner Juniors

If long haul international tours become a uncertainty in the future with Corona or anything after that then I should suggest that the NZRU/AB's and Super sides etc should just do what they should of done in the first place and come over to Rugby League as I'm sure the money be very attractive if the shit hits the fan.

8. taipan

taipan Referee

If the ABlacks (union's most recognised and financial brand) is in desperate need of the loot, what does that say about the rest of Union's national teams?
    If the NRL got $20m plus the players got a big fee for playing, if it were me running the NRL, I'd entertain the thought of going ahead.
    ATM it seems to fill the ABs pockets and help union, therefore being a civic minded gent,I'd tell them to jam the idea and stick the Gilbert right up where the sun don't shine.

9. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

This game makes no sense. Why are we giving the struggling NZ Rugby Union a helping hand. If anything we should be going ahead with a RL international and looking to help out Samoa, Fiji and Tonga to help drive the nail into the RU coffin.

10. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

$$

It'll bring in money for both sides, which we probably also need

blue bags likes this.
  11. Nerd

Nerd Juniors

In this uncertain climate that's debatable especially since full crowds may not be allowed into venues and why give a helping hand to RU who especially in Australia are struggling even worse that we are. To look at it another way if Rugby league was struggling would Union help out with a game like this? The answer is a big no as they at every opportunity seek to undermine Rugby league here and around the world.

deluded pom? and blue bags like this.
  12. typicalfan

typicalfan Coach

Instead of this I'd love a Pacific Cup. Aus, NZ, Tonga, Samoa, Fiji, PNG, Cook Islands and invite the All Blacks as a once off.

Hopefully the All Blacks don't get done in the first round.

Dark Corner and blue bags like this.
  13. blue bags

blue bags Bench

NRL could use the extra income , nrl could just play international rugby league to raise funds for rugby league

Dakink, deluded pom? and Nerd like this.
  14. magpie_man

magpie_man Juniors

Bingo.

blue bags likes this.