What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Having Matterson back next week will help a bit. We certainly cant repeat that performance against Cronulla.

Soto

Bench
FMD the world has gone mad .... match review article of our game ... "Were the bulldogs robbed?"

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/go...ith-deliberate-sivo-pass-20200802-p55ht3.html

This is the photo of the supposed forward pass. Even if you want to be the biggest pedantic merkin on the planet, it looks barely forward to me. If this is an issue then every dummy half needs to be penalised out of the game.

f4d26decb2b4438f4838f1d5b9658922e6133b48
Unless the ref and touchie prove it was a deliberate forward nor can the bunker..
I just think this again is a prime example of garbage journalism. What a joke.
What id love to see Parra do next time in a similar position, 25 seconds or less (hopefully not too soon though) is get the ball and run back to our own in goal. If you ground the ball then you have 25 seconds to re-start. Game over....The shock value would be blue and gold :)

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I truly believe we have the team that can give the comp a real shake

But do we have the coaching staff??? I have my doubts I really do, our attack still struggles unless we have well over half the possession. Our forwards have layed an amazing platform all year and with our backline and halves should be doing much better IMO.

84 Baby

Referee
We have back to back Thursday games followed by a Sunday game soon. Ideally we should be looking to be moving towards peak around here. I fully expect the teams that do damage in finals will probably do so off a relatively short run up

IFR33K

Coach
I truly believe we have the team that can give the comp a real shake

But do we have the coaching staff??? I have my doubts I really do, our attack still struggles unless we have well over half the possession. Our forwards have layed an amazing platform all year and with our backline and halves should be doing much better IMO.

We’re to inconsistent to be a force, like the roosters and Melbourne.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We’re consistently winning, so we have something in common with them. But the way we fade out of games or start poorly is a concern, as is our stuttering attack and poor right edge defence.
But besides all those problems you are saying we are a chance???

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We’re to inconsistent to be a force, like the roosters nand Melbourne.
You’d think after 7 seasons the coach would have that all sorted??? If he can’t do it in 7 years what makes anyone think he can do it in another 2 or 3???

chiefy1

Juniors
You’d think after 7 seasons the coach would have that all sorted??? If he can’t do it in 7 years what makes anyone think he can do it in another 2 or 3???

It seems like our performance is based on effort not critical game management. If the efforts not there as with Manly or this week we crumble. Unlike the Storm when game management is always present.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon we are going ok, yes we haven’t been playing great but we are getting those “wins” which put us in with a chance to get a top 4 finish, previous years we lose those games. That’s difference being a top 4 side and top 8 side.

Look at other top 4 contenders form like the roosters (close wins titans / warriors), raiders (close wins cowboys / Souths), knights (loss dogs) over the last 2 weeks against lower sides. Neither have been in great form.

On the winning the comp, it was always a long shot to win it this year, yes we are a chance but generally sides that win the comp have 2-3 years around the top 6 or 4 before winning (sharks, cowboys, Souths, roosters all have won comps recently after being on the fringe for a few years ). It’s why most experts rate roosters / Storm as the most likely, they have the experience.

I reckon next year is probably our best chance of winning it (using this year as experience). We wouId been around the top 4 for 2-3 years and a lot more finals experience in the side.

On BA he is doing a great job! Looks like he will have the side around the top 4 for the 3rd year from 4 years. Just needs some luck now (generally what wins comps) and he could break the duck.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It seems like our performance is based on effort not critical game management. If the efforts not there as with Manly or this week we crumble. Unlike the Storm when game management is always present.

On the Manly game most sides do lack game management when their key spine player is out, it’s why Canberra is no longer seen as one of the top contenders this year.

Effort was there against the dogs, we had poor game management in the second half but effort got us home by defending for 20 mins

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
On the dogs game, 3 sets in a row (think they were) in the second half is what cost us big time and gave the dogs a chance.

3 times we were attacking their line and on each occasion, the dogs got the ball back around 40-50 m out (think one lead to a try). That was piss poor.

We finish those sets better and probably go on to win 13 plus.

chiefy1

Juniors
On the Manly game most sides do lack game management when their key spine player is out, it’s why Canberra is no longer seen as one of the top contenders this year.

Effort was there against the dogs, we had poor game management in the second half but effort got us home by defending for 20 mins

That's true our chief playmaker (moses) was out, but as we saw with Melb, when Smith went off they still did the job handsomely

Latest posts