1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Rd12: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread (2/8/20)

Discussion in 'Parramatta Eels' started by TheParraboy, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

I reckon our day of reckoning will be our home game Vrs The Storm. On current form it would take a huge turn around to go with them. The Storm have always bullied us. Other than C. Smith I believe player for player our roster is as good or better. That game will either give us confidence moving forward or the opposite.
    Ffs just get it done.

Mr Parramatta, Matty Bhoy and 84 Baby like this.
  2. Poupou Escobar

Poupou Escobar Post Whore

They did have a premiership winning Origin half to take up the slack. Who do we have when Moses is off? Two kids and Gutherson

3. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

They can’t take anything off us for a referee mistake (which wasn’t even a mistake. The throw was backwards out of the hands).

Obscene Assassin and Eelementary like this.
  4. Poupou Escobar

We need years of consistent success (defined as finishing in or near the top four) to be able to build the team capable of 'guaranteeing' an eventual premiership. A flash in the pan, like the 2005 Tigers, is a poor model to emulate.

You need luck to win a premiership, but the way to maximise your luck is through consistency. We are a chance this year but no guarantee. We should be an even bigger chance next year, but still no guarantee. Youse need to get this through your heads. As for 2022 I'm keen to see whether we'll still be in a premiership window or if the salary cap finally bites us. It's very exciting.

Joshuatheeel likes this.
  5. Poupou Escobar

Don't forget the 2009 side finished eighth. That's a better indicator of the quality of their roster than the fact they make a grand final. The proof is that they missed the finals in '08 and 2010.

The team this year will almost certainly finish higher than eighth, plus we were top five last year.

Joshuatheeel likes this.
  6. Poupou Escobar

TheRam, Gazzamatta and Eelementary like this.
  7. Twizzle

Twizzle Administrator Staff Member

the game was over ffs

hindy111 and Eelementary like this.
  8. Gronk

Gronk Moderator Staff Member

Wait ...

[​IMG]

Yes I agree.

Eelementary likes this.
  9. lucablight

lucablight Bench

I wouldn’t say we are a flash in a pan team though. The 2017 and 2019 Eels teams were finals teams. The 2016 Eels team would have made it as well if they hadn’t been stripped of points. Wouldn’t you say that’s sufficient time to work towards a premiership window?

10. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

You forgot to carry the 1.

Eelementary likes this.
  11. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Absolutely. Not to the point that it’s our grand final but we need to aim up. It’ll be around the time where we need to start moving towards our peak

12. chiefy1

chiefy1 Juniors

Good poiont Pau Pau. When you look at that way our spine is still very raw. I don't think we can ask much more of the team over the season thus far, & a few inconsistent games are the product of the team's maturity.

Once Drown is a year or two wiser, he would easily take over the reigns in moses's absence & Mahoney would also be more dominant. It's a team on the rise and I believe it's between us & Penrith who are in the best position future wise.

Poupou Escobar and Eelementary like this.
  13. Poupou Escobar

I'd say the 2018 spoon indicated a significant reset.

14. Gazzamatta

Gazzamatta First Grade

There isnt a player in our top 13 who isnt capable of Origin except possibly Lane and Waqa but even those two have produced Origin quality at some point. Of our imports Drown will most likely make the Kiwi team and Sivo was last seasons top try scorer.
    We have the cattle.
    We are fitter than we have been for years and our middle "D" is much improved thanks to RCG and Matto.
    No f'n excuses.

TheParraboy and Matty Bhoy like this.
  15. Oscarman

Oscarman Juniors

So Mong Ennis is still sooking that we ruined his multi? Should have taken them at the line idiot.

Cumberland Eel likes this.
  16. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

17. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

I wonder if Sivo was aware that the catcher was in front of him.

Eelementary likes this.
  18. IFR33K

IFR33K Coach

Sugarcoat it all you like, but we are no comparison to the roosters. Why do fans get cut when someone says the truth. Just like gus, he’s 100% spot on.

19. T.S Quint

T.S Quint Coach

Then don’t compare us to them then.

20. 84 Baby

84 Baby Coach

Why do fans have a cry when we have a poor half of football?

Obscene Assassin likes this.