What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

Big Marn

Juniors
St George Illawarra centre Euan Aitken will leave the Dragons at season’s end after agreeing to join the New Zealand Warriors on a three-year deal.

In a signing coup for both New Zealand and new coach Nathan Brown, Aitken on Tuesday told St George Illawarra teammates that he will be leaving the club at the end of the year to join the Warriors for the 2021 season.

One of the Dragons’ most consistent performers this year, Aitken was being hunted by several rivals but committed to the Warriors following Brown’s appointment.

Aitken wanted to remain at Wollongong but was not offered a deal beyond this year.

Brown is the new head coach of the Warriors, having agreed to join on a three-year deal from next season, and he has wasted no time identifying the players he wants to bring in.

Parramatta prop Kane Evans will also headline Brown’s hit-list of players after the 47-year-old was named as the Warriors coach for the next three years.

In a bid to add more potency to the Warriors pack, Evans is poised to sign a two-year deal to play under Brown from next season, while out wide, it’s Wigan star Oliver Gildart, who the new Warriors coach wants to welcome to the NRL

The Warriors are also in negotiations with Bulldogs forward Adam Elliott and Dragons forward Jack de Belin, pending his court case for sexual assault charges.

Brown made it clear that De Belin would help transform the Warriors.

But with salary cap space to sign only one of the two, the Warriors risk losing Elliott, if they decide to wait for an outcome in De Belin’s drawn-out court case.

Eliott wants to make a decision on his career this week.

“The club is talking to Jack de Belin,’’ Brown confirmed.

“He’d be an outstanding signing for the club. A player of that type would be outstanding.

Copied from a reddit thread but the articles in telegraph which has a paywall....

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/88120c0e283ae8d585604b694203b058

Big Marn

Juniors
This will be our second crack at Elliott. We made a big money offer for him back in 2017 which he turned down due to loyalty to the Dogs.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Our top 13 for 2021 is starting to come together. I’m guessing the mentality is if we sign them then we’ll be starting them. But as it stands my team for next year would be pretty close to below. Obviously couple gaps to fill with signings to come but....

Roger
Fus
Aitken
Hiku
Ken
Kodi
CHT
BMM
#9 ??
Ah Mau
Katoa
Harris
#13 ??

In the mix will be.....
JTB
Herbert
Bunty
Lawton
Paasi
Tevaga
Toby?????

Last edited:

JJ

Immortal
Seems Egan will be 9, I’m ok we other that tbh

be great to get Elliott and JDB

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
i feel like we have too many middles and not enough edge backrowers. Katoa is our only proper edge. Harris is a better middle then back rower

Big Marn

Juniors
i feel like we have too many middles and not enough edge backrowers. Katoa is our only proper edge. Harris is a better middle then back rower
on the other side of the coin, if you are not winning the middle then you dont earn the right to use the edge.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
on the other side of the coin, if you are not winning the middle then you dont earn the right to use the edge.
Middles
BMM
Ah Mau
Harris
JTB
Bunty
Paasi
Tevaga
Blair
Papalii
Curran

Edge
Katoa
Murchie
Harris

You need a pack, you dont just need middle forwards, the whole forward pack wins the middle

Big Marn

Juniors
Middles
BMM
Ah Mau
Harris
JTB
Bunty
Paasi
Tevaga
Blair
Papalii
Curran

Edge
Katoa
Murchie
Harris

You need a pack, you dont just need middle forwards, the whole forward pack wins the middle
A lot of those players are going to be gone next year one way or the other. Maybe wait for the dust to settle?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Getting excited for next year now.

Theres a couple of young halves out there who are off contract that I would happy if we brought over (I think I mentioned in here before). Would be nice to pick someone like that up, or even, now the squad is starting to look up, someone like Jackson Hastings.
With the team we have, he would put us straight into the 8 imo.

RTS
Maumalo
Hiku
Aiken
Fus
Nikorima
Hastings
BMM
Egan
Ah Mau
Katoa
Harris
Jazz

Roache
Paasi
Bunty
Evans

That looks decent to me

Benek

Juniors
Why are we picking Egan over Lawton at 9? Lawton has been looking the much better of the two recently.

JJ

Immortal
Getting excited for next year now.

Theres a couple of young halves out there who are off contract that I would happy if we brought over (I think I mentioned in here before). Would be nice to pick someone like that up, or even, now the squad is starting to look up, someone like Jackson Hastings.
With the team we have, he would put us straight into the 8 imo.

RTS
Maumalo
Hiku
Aiken
Fus
Nikorima
Hastings
BMM
Egan
Ah Mau
Katoa
Harris
Jazz

Roache
Paasi
Bunty
Evans

That looks decent to me
Be great if Keighran or CHT developed, maybe with decent coaching they can

Addind Elliott or especially De Belin or Pangai would make that pack pretty decent to build a game around

Penrose_11

Juniors
I wouldn’t touch Pangi with a 10ft barge pole. Penalty merchant on field, bringing suspensions and seems like a douch bag off it. We’ve got enough 501’s coming into NZ without adding TPJ to that list. We need good hardworking grafters. Not selfish merkins like he’s recently come across as

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I wouldn’t touch Pangi with a 10ft barge pole. Penalty merchant on field, bringing suspensions and seems like a douch bag off it. We’ve got enough 501’s coming into NZ without adding TPJ to that list. We need good hardworking grafters. Not selfish merkins like he’s recently come across as

Well, he's only had 3 penalties all year, but has an error in him, about one a game.
But, he has huge upside. He'd be on around the same amount of money as Blair is currently, only he averages like 4 tackle busts and 3 offloads a game heaps more meters.

Yes, he looks like a dick off the field, but we're currently looking at Jack De Belin so I mean, does it really matter haha.

For what it's worth, I don't want really him at the club either, but the guy can play and well, I guess we've had worse signings in the past...

Penrose_11

Juniors
I’m just thinking we should be aiming for quality both on and off the field. If he did end up here he’d probably get a 3rd party deal working odd jobs with Manu selling property

Latest posts