What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

LeagueNut

First Grade
Adam Elliott is considering a "massive offer" from us according to reports.

Wonder if that's a concession that de Belin isn't coming?

Rich102

Staff member
For me, I would rather see solid players with proven experience replacing our weaknesses than blowing the cap on stars and leaving the same weaknesses.

BLN2

Juniors
After hearing about Brown being appointed at coach, had a little look and can see Connor Watson is off contract at the end of this year.

Was brought to Knights by Brown to have a decent shot as a half, didn't really get it at the Knights.

Given the Warriors options at half, could be a 2nd time lucky with Watson and Brown's half expiriment.

Hoping it's not the case tho, not really sold on Connor as a half

Watson is an X Factor hooker, or X factor 6 next to a controlling 7. We don't need either ATM. Shame about his injuries, would be a good cut price option if we needed a hooker.

Elliott to me is like a 3rd prop, an up and down version of Funicane. If he came I'm assuming Jazz would get 30 mins off the bench in rotation with him? He misses around 3 tackles a game. Not really sold TBH, but if he's seen as a hard nosed leader that'll help his case. Blair's replacement?

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'd be surprised if Jazz isn't a part of our long term thinking, personifies the Warriors style of play.

Really hope the Adam Elliot stuff is fake news, not a fan of that guy at all

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Adam Elliott - rumoured frontrunners
Kane Evans - rumoured 2 year deal
Oliver Gildart - rumoured target

Things moving fast on the rumour mill.

SmashEmBro

Juniors
I'm not sure we need any more props. Even with Toby Rudolph not coming (has anyone heard anything official), we still have Ah Mau, Paasi, BMM, Bunty, JTB and King on out books, which makes for a decent rotation with cover

I like that we're looking for a centre, and checking out over seas is a good idea too.
Again, if we're looking for a back rower I think we need someone better than Elliot to come along. Looking at his stats he seems decent (loves a missed tackle though), but when ever I see him play nothing ever seems to scream 'quality footballer'. I dunno.

waipiro

Juniors
Oliver Gildart look good....can set a winger up and has pace

Olakau’atu and Funa looked good and would be good targets for what we need.....could be value buys before they become regular first graders

Big Marn

Bench
Assuming players arent breaking their contract, De Belin, Elliott, Jake Turpin, Aitken, Alex Johnston look to be the best available

Maybe we should make a play for Matthew Burton since 3 into 2 doesnt go and Gus loves him. Not sure how long his contract is for though.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Def think Burton should b a target. Looks like a dominant 1/2 in similar structured mold that Cleary is so not moving him on soon. Where Luai and May are more the 6 and play what’s in front of them. Surely Goulds gotta mate who has an associate who knows someone who knows Burtons folks??

Tongue

Juniors
If they’re looking for a ‘gun centre’, where does that leave either Herbert or Hiku?

Hiku is unique and has done enough for me to be retained. Herbert still very raw and hasn’t really kicked on from debut year, although still pretty solid.

Should the notion be to build depth at centre and invest elsewhere? Herbert still very young and so much potential.

I’d be more inclined to sign a gun 9, with Lawton as utility bench player/hooker depth.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
If they’re looking for a ‘gun centre’, where does that leave either Herbert or Hiku?
It leaves them as first cab off the rank if they're are injuries or form issues for the first choice backline. If they are our depth players for the Backline then that means we're doing pretty well in terms of roster.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
It leaves them as first cab off the rank if they're are injuries or form issues for the first choice backline. If they are our depth players for the Backline then that means we're doing pretty well in terms of roster.

this. They’re both decent but not so good they don’t deserve to fight for their spots.

TheDMC

Bench
Any update on Rudolf contract? Maybe Brown/Gould can convince him to honour his contract. Much needed signing.

Latest posts