What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

JJ

Immortal
Assuming players arent breaking their contract, De Belin, Elliott, Jake Turpin, Aitken, Alex Johnston look to be the best available

Maybe we should make a play for Matthew Burton since 3 into 2 doesnt go and Gus loves him. Not sure how long his contract is for though.
Penrith have May as well - surely one of Burton or May has to move - both are quality, although May's indiscretions are concerning... that said, everyone deserves a crack at redemption (and I am in on De Belin if he's signable)

BLN2

Juniors
Nathan Brown said on NRL 360 tonight that the club has added BMM and Rudolf to the roster for next season.. Not sure if it was a slip of the tongue, but maybe it isn't dead just yet.

TheDMC

Bench
Yeah I heard that too. Would be bloody good if he does. On the Cronulla subsite, there is a whole thread on Rudolf I just read and they have all just presumed he is staying, then NRL 360 Brown's comment threw a cat amongst...

Scott

Bench
I thought Rudolf signed with us. Then didn't want to come after he started doing well for the Sharks.

Pretty simple imo - honour the contract, or sit out.

Rich102

Staff member
It appears new Warriors head coach Nathan Brown is not mucking around when it comes to targeting players to join him at the club in 2020.

According to the Daily Telegraph, Brown has five players on his wishlist.

Bulldogs back-rower Adam Elliott, Wigan centre Oliver Gildart, Parramatta prop Kane Evans, Dragons centre Euan Aitken and fellow St George player Jack de Belin are all in his sights.

The Warriors have a number off players off contract at the end of the year including Peta Hiku, Gerard Beale, Lachlan Burr and Isaiah Papali'i.

Australia coach Mal Meninga said on Fox League's Super Saturday coverage that the five players Brown is targeting are good selections.

"Adam Elliott is a great player," Meninga said. "We don't know where Jack de Belin is going to be.

"Euan Aitken would be a great pick-up, he's starting to find his feet in the centres with the Dragons.

"Oliver Gildart is an English international, he's a bit on the small side, you need big outside backs in the modern era.

"He's very quick and got great skill."

Dragons forward de Belin is due to face trial over sexual assault charges this year and is no certainty to return to the game, but it hasn't stopped a number of NRL clubs expressing interest.

"The club have obviously been talking to Jack de Belin, that's well known," Brown said.

"He'd be an outstanding signing for the club, what Jack would bring to the club.

"As I said, the club were talking to Jack before I come to the table, a type that would be an outstanding acquisition."

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=12355176

JJ

Immortal
I thought Rudolf signed with us. Then didn't want to come after he started doing well for the Sharks.

Pretty simple imo - honour the contract, or sit out.
pretty sure he never signed a contract? I think there was just something around an intention to sign - I have an intention to exercise more and drink less... it's a longstanding one

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Brown was on Triple M Sunday. The list isn't his. We were already talking with all those players, but he didn't disapprove of any of them so he's happy for us to keep going at them.

Rudolf signed a letter of intent when the NRL was suspended and not registering contracts.

The NRL won't enforce a letter of intent, but the law may view it differently.

However, my opinion only, if we get a couple of these forwards we're talking to we will probably let him slide back to the shire.

JJ

Immortal
"Euan Aitken would be a great pick-up, he's starting to find his feet in the centres with the Dragons.
I don't mind Aitken, but hasn't he been finding his feet in the centres for years? Wasn't he talked up for origin a few years back? Centre is a strange position these days, but given he's never really cracked it, isn't he like the likes of Hiku, Beale etc, and useful but neither here nor there?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't mind Aitken, but hasn't he been finding his feet in the centres for years? Wasn't he talked up for origin a few years back? Centre is a strange position these days, but given he's never really cracked it, isn't he like the likes of Hiku, Beale etc, and useful but neither here nor there?

Basically he's a faster Kata. Almost never passes/sets up his winger.

Benek

Juniors
If that’s the kind of centre we’re looking to buy, I’d rather persist with Hiku and keep working on his defense.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well get ready he's reportedly told teammates he's leaving to sign with us

He's also good friends with JDB if that means anything. Probably not but who knows...

Latest posts