What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's our weakest link ?

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel Gutho is a good fullback, not a great or natural fullback. He doesn't look comfortable under the high ball under pressure, and to me doesn't often look like he will beat defenders on the kick return. I reckon he'd be a great centre.

Agree he won't break the line. He is a worker and that is fine if we had some dynamic centres or wingers. But our whole backline looks sluggish and workman like. There is no zip or razzle dazzle. Blake is the only guy capable of a 50mtr+ burst created in his own. The rest would need the gap to open up.

hindy111

Post Whore
well
a) he looks at comfortable as most under the high ball
b) no f**ker ever breaks the line on kick returns these days .... coaches will f**kin tear strips of their team if them let the opposition do it

False.
Look what Ponga,Teddy,Rts,Turbo all do. They are dynamite given any space and close to the line or in the middle of field.

I'd throw in Papenhauzen as another who scares teams with footwork.

D.Edwards lacks the same ability ut is always breaking tackles and making defense miss.

Latrell is learning but has the same ability.

There's 7 guys who are more dangerous running the ball. But I would say there are more.

Gutherson strength is he is versatile. He was more important when we had a hooker who couldn't kick and an average back up half. But now with D.Brown and Mahoney his kicking game is irrelevant. His passing game is also not as important as he isn't given as much ball in hands.

Defense he is just average.

Energy and attitude he is no 1.

Hardly a weak point in our side but the fact Sivo,Mj and Fergo don't make busts makes it stand out more.

We should of went for Ramien or maybe Staggs. We need some backline players with speed and zip.

parra pete

Referee
THREE losses all season....usually at this time of the year it is THREE wins...
Are people EVER happy???...Enjoy the ride...nothing great is easy....
Is it Eels4Life....only while they are winning.....
I am loving this season.. close competition..that's what is all about....
Winning TOUGH makes it even better..LOSING, while having a go, is nearly as good...

crocodile

Bench
Winning TOUGH makes it even better..LOSING, while having a go, is nearly as good...
How short memories are. Three losses all year and none have been floggings.

emjaycee

Coach
Agree he won't break the line. He is a worker and that is fine if we had some dynamic centres or wingers. But our whole backline looks sluggish and workman like. There is no zip or razzle dazzle. Blake is the only guy capable of a 50mtr+ burst created in his own. The rest would need the gap to open up.

False.
Look what Ponga,Teddy,Rts,Turbo all do. They are dynamite given any space and close to the line or in the middle of field.

D.Edwards lacks the same ability ut is always breaking tackles and making defense miss.

There's 7 guys who are more dangerous running the ball. But I would say there are more.

Gutherson strength is he is versatile. He was more important when we had a hooker who couldn't kick and an average back up half. But now with D.Brown and Mahoney his kicking game is irrelevant. His passing game is also not as important as he isn't given as much ball in hands.

Hardly a weak point in our side but the fact Sivo,Mj and Fergo don't make busts makes it stand out more.

We should of went for Ramien or maybe Staggs. We need some backline players with speed and zip.

We bought Blake didn't we?

84 Baby

Referee
Bit rich coming from a Canberra supporter

strider

Post Whore
False.

Kick returns ffs ...

84 Baby

Referee
Inconsistent though. And need more then one outnof 5 in backline capable of it.
Blake and to a lesser extent Sivo are your Ferraris. Super expensive, you’ll be scared to overuse them because they’re a pain in the ass to maintain but you have them there because even though you’re a 1, they might pull you a 10. And then you’ll want to get rid of them in 6 months

TheParraboy

Staff member

Well said Mr M

hindy111

Post Whore
Blake and to a lesser extent Sivo are your Ferraris. Super expensive, you’ll be scared to overuse them because they’re a pain in the ass to maintain but you have them there because even though you’re a 1, they might pull you a 10. And then you’ll want to get rid of them in 6 months

Sivo is hardly a Ferrari.
He would be in the top 5 slowest wingers in the comp. He is great 10mtrs out but hardly much to his game outside that. His hit ups are generaly average bar potentialy one decent one every game where gets 4 or 5 extra meters then a standard winger.
How many tries has he scored this year that any other winger would?
How many has he missed out on due to speed?
How many has he saved in defense?
How many has he let in due to poor reads?
How often has he dropped a bomb and handed opposition 6 again.....

Sivo is big and strong. About all he has in his game at this point.

84 Baby

Referee
Sivo is hardly a Ferrari.
He would be in the top 5 slowest wingers in the comp. He is great 10mtrs out but hardly much to his game outside that. His hit ups are generaly average bar potentialy one decent one every game where gets 4 or 5 extra meters then a standard winger.
How many tries has he scored this year that any other winger would?
How many has he missed out on due to speed?
How many has he saved in defense?
How many has he let in due to poor reads?
How often has he dropped a bomb and handed opposition 6 again.....

Sivo is big and strong. About all he has in his game at this point.
That’s why I said to a lesser extent

hindy111

Post Whore
You called him a ferrari. Hindy called him a hummer

Luke Burt was bagged on here. He had floors in his game. But there where aspects where he shone and left Sivo for dead.
Skill, timing,speed, kicks,ball playing, instincts. Sure Burt would be too small for the modern game. But there was many areas he was better then Sivo at.
In the modern day Burt would be good enough as a half. Had enough skills.

Eelogical

Referee
Luke Burt was bagged on here. He had floors in his game. But there where aspects where he shone and left Sivo for dead.
Skill, timing,speed, kicks,ball playing, instincts. Sure Burt would be too small for the modern game. But there was many areas he was better then Sivo at.
You and merkins like you seem to forget that the guy was pulled from Panfers obscurity to leading try scorer in one season. He's not the only one down on confidence in our team. Fergo hasn't even scored a try ffs, but nobody is lining him up to be shot. Others are down on form as well. Sure, Sivo is the current scapegoat, but he has friends in the same boat.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Most of those floors led to a basement which was full of spoons.