What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's our weakest link ?

hindy111

Post Whore
You and merkins like you seem to forget that the guy was pulled from Panfers obscurity to leading try scorer in one season. He's not the only one down on confidence in our team. Fergo hasn't even scored a try ffs, but nobody is lining him up to be shot. Others are down on form as well. Sure, Sivo is the current scapegoat, but he has friends in the same boat.

I'm pointing out his plus and minus. Opposition coaches have had 12mths to watch him now and study his weakness. Currently being exposed.

Btw- Bevan French also scored a tone of tries.

emjaycee

Coach
Sivo is suffering 2nd year syndrome however in his case, it is manifesting itself as a confidence thing, particularly in 2 specific areas. He seems to be hesitant to take on the defence close to the sideline... and I have been told this is due to his concern/fear of being taken into touch. This has been more evident in the recent wet games. The other area of main difference I have noticed is his reluctance under the high ball. Again, I have been told this is related to a bit of uncertainty over whether he should be taking the zero run against unset defence or the first run against set defence.

The guy has played just over 30 NRL games in a career that includes probably no more than 120 games in total. Keep in mind most players debut after 7+ years of league... some as many as 15 years of junior league. He is still learning the instinctive play that others have spent years developing.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sivo is suffering 2nd year syndrome however in his case, it is manifesting itself as a confidence thing, particularly in 2 specific areas. He seems to be hesitant to take on the defence close to the sideline... and I have been told this is due to his concern/fear of being taken into touch. This has been more evident in the recent wet games. The other area of main difference I have noticed is his reluctance under the high ball. Again, I have been told this is related to a bit of uncertainty over whether he should be taking the zero run against unset defence or the first run against set defence.

The guy has played just over 30 NRL games in a career that includes probably no more than 120 games in total. Keep in mind most players debut after 7+ years of league... some as many as 15 years of junior league. He is still learning the instinctive play that others have spent years developing.

I am just stating facts. People where calling him Semi. Sivo is average attain point if look at his overall game.

emjaycee

Coach
I am just stating facts. People where calling him Semi. Sivo is average attain point if look at his overall game.
I wasn't challenging what you were saying - I am actually kind of agreeing with you (yucky I know).

Sivo is definitely not having the same impact outside of the attacking 20 metres that he was having in 2019.

Last edited:

I'm fine with all of this.

My big gripe with Sivo - just line yourself up properly to take a hit up. Don't take the bloody ball 3 metres behind the dummy half.

Honestly, if he could fix that then he might start getting some metres, that might build his confidence a little and that might start to help other parts of his game.

hindy111

Post Whore
I was challenging what you were saying - I am actually kind of agreeing with you (yucky I know).

Sivo is definitely not having the same impact outside of the attacking 20 metres that he was having in 2019.

Fergo might be down on scoring tries. But he runs hard every hit up. And pokes through the line.
Sivo half the time toddles to the line and runs at half pace which I don't get.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
He gets himself into some weird defensive positions as well. It doesn't take a great attacking team to expose him on the edge like fijian chicken.

strider

Post Whore
I'm fine with all of this.

My big gripe with Sivo - just line yourself up properly to take a hit up. Don't take the bloody ball 3 metres behind the dummy half.

Honestly, if he could fix that then he might start getting some metres, that might build his confidence a little and that might start to help other parts of his game.
3 metres is generous. I'd say its close to 5 alot of the time

Latest posts