What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

Perth Red

Post Whore
If the billboard is in the TV arc, they do. I've worked for companies who purely promote their brand with that TV exposure.

bit they’d get the same billboard covg at bankwest? I don’t see any reason why a local tigers sponsor wouldn’t still sponsor the, of they played at bankwest rather than Campbelltown. They’re sponsoring the club not the ground.

yadamisha

Juniors
bit they’d get the same billboard covg at bankwest? I don’t see any reason why a local tigers sponsor wouldn’t still sponsor the, of they played at bankwest rather than Campbelltown. They’re sponsoring the club not the ground.
easy price point - bankwest costs more. Each ground has different price points

gallagher

Juniors
T

Since when did a hyper minority of hardcore fans become representative of the fan base as a whole?

I'm not saying you are wrong, nor do I really have a dog in the fight, but I think it's very silly to base your opinion on something like that.
This is true. ANZ gets a pasting on that forum but we've averaged 18k there for 15 years compared to 12k at LO or CSS. Bums on seats has spoken but the club can't bear to make a decision that will upset the vocal minority.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
This is true. ANZ gets a pasting on that forum but we've averaged 18k there for 15 years compared to 12k at LO or CSS. Bums on seats has spoken but the club can't bear to make a decision that will upset the vocal minority.

Souths and Dogs have significantly better crowd averages since moving to ANZ too, for all of the complaining about the stadium by some, the teams that play there have been getting consistently bigger attendances since moving there.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be a case of horrible view and atmosphere but easier access and much better facilities

and ticket price and capacity. You can be guaranteed a seat under cover for $20 at ANZ regardless of how big crowd is. At the suburban ground youll be stood on a hill in the rain and pay more. Fix ANZ over capacity and distance from the pitch (like with a Bankwest stadium!) and youve got the good things about ANZ without the crap things. If you still dont go to games after that (and can afford to) then you're not much of a fan.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
23k stadium at the Sunny Coast is fairly significant. Do they know something that we don't? There would have to be justification behind a stadium of that size with no pro sporting teams in the area.

Perth Red

Post Whore
23k stadium at the Sunny Coast is fairly significant. Do they know something that we don't? There would have to be justification behind a stadium of that size with no pro sporting teams in the area.

Its going to be 16k if they get the funding, with future ability to redevelop to 23k. I guess that redevelopment would only happen if an NRL team was based there.

T-Boon

Coach
Dolphins should play some games on the Sunshine Coast every year when they join the NRL in a few years.

I'd go the other way around and have the Dolphins play out of Sunshine Coast but play 4 games a year in Redcliffe. Sunshine Redcliffe Dolphins.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Awesome.
You now only need a 60k stadium to host the Olympics. Brisbane are a decent chance to get the games in 2032. The Brisbane Olympic bid and the words ‘stadium legacy’ were mentioned by the AFL when they announced the Gabba GF so I fear we may have another Homebush on our hands come 2033.
Will be very interest to see how that all pans out.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Awesome.
You now only need a 60k stadium to host the Olympics. Brisbane are a decent chance to get the games in 2032. The Brisbane Olympic bid and the words ‘stadium legacy’ were mentioned by the AFL when they announced the Gabba GF so I fear we may have another Homebush on our hands come 2033.
Will be very interest to see how that all pans out.

If Brisbane wins the Olympics the Gabba will most likely be the Olympic Stadium because there is space to add a temporary athletics track (unless they refurbish QE2, the Broncos home in the mid-to-late 90's and home of the Commonwealth Games in 1982 but they are more likely to upgrade grounds that will be used after the games). This will mean the Gabba will become a 60,000 seat stadium.

You would like to think that in another 12 years Suncorp could get a capacity upgrade to around 60k also from some of that sweet Government Olympic money (it would be 30 years old by then). The justification could be that it would be hosting the Olympic Football final and as a legacy for RL, RU and Soccer.

It would also be smart of the NRL to make sure Brisbane has a second team by then so that it either boosts the legacy value of Suncorp if that team is the Bombers or Firehawks or it pushes the case for an upgrade to a 25k modern stadium if it were the Dolphins. If it happens to be the Dolphins, the NRL makes it easy on the Government to put money into Dolphin Oval to a) make it the Rugby Union Sevens venue and b) leave a legacy for Brisbane's second NRL team.

Last edited:

Latest posts