What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Does that mean that our premiership window is closed already ?
freakout.gif
Oh well it was fun while it lasted.

T-Boon

Coach
Well plenty of merkins think the best way to get more out of a good winger is to move him to fullback. It's only natural a desperate club would try it. We did it with Hayne for years. Even in 2018 we were desperate enough to give him a couple of games at fullback.

You are being fasheshesh right?

Soto

Bench
Massive plodder. No thanks.
He is affectionately known by dogs fans as 2 yard tolman..
I would much rather promote 3 young blokes than sign Tolman...we dont need to be that club anymore. Moonface scarred us with the geriatrics he signed and set us back for years

T.S Quint

Coach
I don’t want Tolman, but I’d say we will have to hit the market for a middle forward or two towards the end of the year. Our young juniors we are hoping to make the step up may still be a little too young next year. They are still eligible for Flegg this year, aren’t they?

Stevie

Bench
Massive news coming out of Broncos via Fox. TPJ gone to the integrity unit re unpaid 3rd party payments that were not registered with the NRL. He is blowing the whistle On their dodgy deals!
Kent saying how he turned down warriors for 200k a year less at Broncos.
They are opening saying it’s going to be proven how they unfairly (or cheat) to get better talent staying via dodgy payments.
Broncos dollars!!

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
I don’t want Tolman, but I’d say we will have to hit the market for a middle forward or two towards the end of the year. Our young juniors we are hoping to make the step up may still be a little too young next year. They are still eligible for Flegg this year, aren’t they?

Yes they are. And the way we usually debut forwards, maybe a minute in their first outing if they're lucky, then slowly increasing. We'll need someone to be in reserve grade as cover.

I can't see us running with 3 middle forwards on the bench next year like we have been, rather increasing the minutes Marata and Oregon play. We may even have an edge player on the bench and move Lane into the middle like we did in 2019?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Massive news coming out of Broncos via Fox. TPJ gone to the integrity unit re unpaid 3rd party payments that were not registered with the NRL. He is blowing the whistle On their dodgy deals!
Kent saying how he turned down warriors for 200k a year less at Broncos.
They are opening saying it’s going to be proven how they unfairly (or cheat) to get better talent staying via dodgy payments.
Broncos dollars!!
Bronco dollars could now = Bronco spoons.

Bandwagon

Staff member
So who's gonna leave the fold this time to avoid having to answer questions about the Donkey's salary cap matters

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
He is affectionately known by dogs fans as 2 yard tolman..
I would much rather promote 3 young blokes than sign Tolman...we dont need to be that club anymore. Moonface scarred us with the geriatrics he signed and set us back for years

Kearney had a aging squad, we don’t.
it’s not about signing him as a definite top 17 player or to prevent a junior playing (BA has shown he is willing to pick a rookie to replace a senior player if they are better, for example Kafusi / Stefo).

it’s about replacing the middle experience we are losing this year, Peni / Evans / Gower........we already Hughes joining the squad and there is a chance Duggan / Hollis could pick up development contracts, that’s potentially 3 rookie middles already in the squad. How many more rookies do we need?

Yes, Tolman isn’t a super star and is past his best, but he appears to be a good leader and is still averaging 130 m / 39 tackles a week. But it really comes to price. If we was willing to accept a cheap deal (like $150k), I reckon he wouId be a great addition to the squad for a year.

Got to remember our top 13 is signed and we are ulikely to be able to pay good money for new players. The key to keeping this squad competitive for the next few years is look for those “cheapie” signings , along with junior development (already doing this).

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
No I said I assume your meaning based on what you post. You're never too old to learn to read.

That's my opinion again. You might actually be too old to learn.

really ?

Poupou Escobar said:
I never said it was a fact. If I post anything you can assume it's my opinion. Just like anything you post is yours.

you must have been absent from school the day they taught pronouns

I am not you