What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

Mr Parramatta

Juniors
What? You haven't seen our right edge making terrible decisions the past 6 or so weeks?

Jennings missed 6 or 7 tackles against the Dragons

Sivo has been lost in defence for a month or so.

That's both our left and right sides giving plenty of indications that they are not right. It just took a decent side (which we haven't played lately) to expose it.
Jenkins defence shocking of late.

eels_fan

First Grade
We were beyond pathetic last night.

But we are coming third.

You guys need to have a snickers or something.

BA needs better assistant coaches, that’s clear, but talk of sacking the guy is just plain ridiculous.

You’d have blown your load over Seibold if we’d signed him after we got the spoon in 18 when he was available and look how that turned out, I’d rather BA than him.

Madge & Green managed to lose the dressing rooms with 12 months of winning comps/playing GFs. They won comps with star studded teams and have shown nothing when the stars have gone.

BA isn’t a top tier coach, but that level only has Robbo, Bennett & Bellamy, none of whom were ever an option for our club.

I don’t see BA as any worse than the reminder of the pack, and with an upside over many of the others in the fact he actually cares about the club and held us together.

Lots of you have lost the plot.

In March you’d have gladly taken 3rd on the ladder with 4 games to play.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How would you describe parras last game?
That one game? Diabolical.

How would you describe our 12-4 record for the season? Lucky?

I don't think that is a fair or reasonable description.

I accept that there are some things we need to fix but you are going out of your way to focus almost exclusively on the negatives. I get it, you're a pissed off fan that wants success. Just don't pretend you are rational.

IFR33K

Coach

I accept that there are some things we need to fix but you are going out of your way to focus almost exclusively on the negatives. I get it, you're a pissed off fan that wants success. Just don't pretend you are rational.

Some things?? The team is outright playing like an average Park football team. They have done that too often under BA for it to not be a concern. He can’t motivate them for the big games. No assistant, no attacking coach and no secret moves will change that. The guy is out of his depth to make us a consistent threat or be taken seriously. Gus Gould was saying things and eels fans are taking it personal. Not one thing that Gus has said isn’t true. We were diabolical on Thursday and been below average for a while now. Whats even more alarming is the fundamentals aren’t even being addressed. Things need to change, the favorable draw has given us a false indication of where we really are.

Last edited:

crocodile

Bench

It isn't over yet. It should be pointe out that way back in '83, The Eels were smashed 32-2 by the Drag Queens in the last round and lost two of their previous 4 22-20 to Balmain and 12-8 to the Bullfrogs. Needless to say that they smashed Moanly in the Grand Final that year. Never say never.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Some things??
Yes some things. You cannot possibly put together a logical argument suggesting that everything needs to change.

The team is outright playing like an average Park football team. They have done that too often under BA for it to not be a concern. He can’t motivate them for the big games.
A park football team? Thats an exaggeration.

No assistant, no attacking coach and no secret moves will change that. The guy is out of his depth to make us a consistent threat or be taken seriously.
Possibly. We are a considerably bettter than average NRL side. That may well be as far as we go under BA.

Gus Gould was saying things and eels fans are taking it personal. Not one thing that Gus has said isn’t true.
Agree. I said as much earlier in the week.

We were diabolical on Thursday and been below average for a while now. Whats even more alarming is the fundamentals aren’t even being addressed. Things need to change, the favorable draw has given us a false indication of where we really are.
Things definitely need to change. But one thing you don't appear to be considering is the fact that we were playing much better football at the start of the year. Don't let recency bias cloud your view of the entire season thus far.

murraymob

Coach
It isn't over yet. It should be pointe out that way back in '83, The Eels were smashed 32-2 by the Drag Queens in the last round and lost two of their previous 4 22-20 to Balmain and 12-8 to the Bullfrogs. Needless to say that they smashed Moanly in the Grand Final that year. Never say never.
Is sterling making a comeback unless he is those stats don’t mean anything

Why not? You just said it twice.

T-Boon

Coach
Do people see a correlation between the improvement in Moses defensive skills and the decline in his attacking effectiveness? He looks to me like he has neglected his attacking skills in favor of working on his defensive.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Do people see a correlation between the improvement in Moses defensive skills and the decline in his attacking effectiveness? He looks to me like he has neglected his attacking skills in favor of working on his defensive.
He look to me like he is injured.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Aint it grand being an Eels supporter?As annoyed as I was last Thursday night, sitting in an awful seat in the Brett Kenny Concourse, I'm surprisingly calm today.
My epiphany is a result of having faith that our CEO, HOF and Board would have been as dissapointed as we are. People of this ilk are not "wait and see" kind of people as much as they are not inclined to panic.
The Storm were always going to win it this year for Cams last season. They have the team, coach and official support to ensure it happens.
With the appropriate, and much needed adjustments, be it support staff or reviewed responsibilities I cant believe our heirachy would allow matters to meander along hoping our inconsistencies and obvious gap between the haves and have nots continue. The type of people managing our great club now days would want better.
Now that my mood has settled I cant wait for our next home game and look forward with expectation what "adjustments" are made post November.
Go you Mighty Eels.

eels_fan

First Grade
Don’t forget we beat Newcastle 40-0 in 2001 in the regular season.

Meant jack all come the big dance.

hindy111

Post Whore

Our issue is we aren't building a game. Rolling through middle and a good kick chase. No need to go wide early. Save that once your in the rhythm of the game. Or have a nice lead or chasing one.
Play simple tight foot and we can stick with anyone I reckon. If it's close with 20 to go then try our luck pushing pass and hope the ball sticks...

T-Boon

Coach
Our issue is we aren't building a game. Rolling through middle and a good kick chase. No need to go wide early. Save that once your in the rhythm of the game. Or have a nice lead or chasing one.
Play simple tight foot and we can stick with anyone I reckon. If it's close with 20 to go then try our luck pushing pass and hope the ball sticks...

I just fell asleep reading that.

Last edited: