What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Griffin

blacksafake

First Grade
Ok only joking !! Thought I would get in early

actually
I’m hoping we don’t need this one , and I’m actually hoping for a good outcome if he gets the gig

Good luck on the forum Griff, you will be needing it
Well you could have at least waited until he picked his first side.
That’s normally when all us keyboard selectors come out of the woodwork :joy:

merahputih

Juniors
The recent rule changes have placed a priority on attacking football which the top teams have either adapted to or were already structured for, eg Roosters, Raiders, Storm, etc. I watched the Storm v Manly game last Sunday on TV and while I am not a Storm fan I had to admire their thrilling back line play on display, admittedly against a weakened Manly side.
Meanwhile, our esteemed management has prioritized defense in its job description for the coaching role. Dragons Footy!

Dragon David

First Grade
The recent rule changes have placed a priority on attacking football which the top teams have either adapted to or were already structured for, eg Roosters, Raiders, Storm, etc. I watched the Storm v Manly game last Sunday on TV and while I am not a Storm fan I had to admire their thrilling back line play on display, admittedly against a weakened Manly side.
Meanwhile, our esteemed management has prioritized defense in its job description for the coaching role. Dragons Footy!
We need several game breakers/match winners in our team. Good hard, tough, big props to set the tone and SPEEDY backs to complete the moves.

possm

Coach
You need to ask who wrote the brief?

Was it Craig Young who gave it to the CEO who presented it to the Board?

Oh wait that couldn't be, Dean Young was our defensive coach and we have one of the worst defensive stats in the NRL. Now I get it, Flannagan became tagged with defensive duties after we were doing so poorly in defence and Young was tagged with .....? In that way he could not be responsible for anything and so, could not be blamed for anything.

And yet some people question why we desperately need a cleanout? The answer is because our club is rife with curruption and nepotism.

I say it is time for ASIC to take a look at the running of our club.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Wow I just had a look through his Twitter and he's a proper nutjob. Really clinging to hope that the "unverified" nature of this account means it's a convincing parody. I was pro hook in terms of signing but if this is him, I don't believe he's someone I'd want to be fostering the culture of my workplace
Been here long enough to know a number of wackos on this forum that will turn in favour of him based exclusively on this though

st.phil

Bench
Wow I just had a look through his Twitter and he's a proper nutjob. Really clinging to hope that the "unverified" nature of this account means it's a convincing parody. I was pro hook in terms of signing but if this is him, I don't believe he's someone I'd want to be fostering the culture of my workplace
yeah I hear that. I don't think his political views should be a dealbreaker but he looks to be one of "those" outspoken aggressive "fake news" toting nut jobs. Not the kinda guy to bring people together ----- NEXT

Brutalitops

Juniors
yeah I hear that. I don't think his political views should be a dealbreaker but he looks to be one of "those" outspoken aggressive "fake news" toting nut jobs. Not the kinda guy to bring people together ----- NEXT
Generally, while I view politics to be a very important measure of how good a person someone is, I don't actually let it get in the way of what their job or profession might be if it is not related.

However, my mind here naturally goes to things such as the NRLs indigenous, Women in league and LGBT initiatives which our club has shown good representation regarding. And judging by Hook's content which he publicly posts on his own profile, he is not someone who is going to represent these interests in a way becoming of the Red V. If someone is flaunting this in public one must wonder what happens behind closed doors.

What would any indigenous player think when faced with the potential of moving to our great club, only to have an example of their would be coach spreading insensitive Mark Latham content, or skirting dangerously close to QAnon style conspiracy theory bullshit aimed to divide and oppress those we wish to welcome to our club?

I know it may seem like a long now to draw these connections, but I can tell anyone these are not long bows to anybody part of these communities or demographics. I would feel uncomfortable supporting my childhood club after finding this stuff out.

To think just 20 minutes ago I was writing long posts in support of Hook as our coach. What a turnaround

st.phil

Bench
Generally, while I view politics to be a very important measure of how good a person someone is, I don't actually let it get in the way of what their job or profession might be if it is not related.

However, my mind here naturally goes to things such as the NRLs indigenous, Women in league and LGBT initiatives which our club has shown good representation regarding. And judging by Hook's content which he publicly posts on his own profile, he is not someone who is going to represent these interests in a way becoming of the Red V. If someone is flaunting this in public one must wonder what happens behind closed doors.

What would any indigenous player think when faced with the potential of moving to our great club, only to have an example of their would be coach spreading insensitive Mark Latham content, or skirting dangerously close to QAnon style conspiracy theory bullshit aimed to divide and oppress those we wish to welcome to our club?

I know it may seem like a long now to draw these connections, but I can tell anyone these are not long bows to anybody part of these communities or demographics. I would feel uncomfortable supporting my childhood club after finding this stuff out.

To think just 20 minutes ago I was writing long posts in support of Hook as our coach. What a turnaround
white boy recruitment policy here we come ;) !!

True_Believer

Juniors

I saw this last week. Like you, I normally don't care what their views are if they don't impact their job. However there is a pretty big risk here if this is indeed genuine.

Brutalitops

Juniors
I saw this last week. Like you, I normally don't care what their views are if they don't impact their job. However there is a pretty big risk here if this is indeed genuine.
Even if we completely set aside his politics, even just from a potential negative PR standpoint he's not worth the trouble.

Right now this is going on in the background as nobody in much of the fanbase or mainstream media has caught onto some of this stuff. But just imagine these being obtained and publicised during indigenous round or WIL round, it would be a PR nightmare for the club, and whether you agree with his "politics" or not, this WILL have a measurably negative effect on the Dragons as a club be it from members or potential players who won't want to play under him.