What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

parra pete

Referee
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Nakubuwai#/media/File:Ben_Nakubuwai.jpg

This bloke is GOOD..Currently playing with Salford Reds..Played for Fiji Bati in last World Cup..
24 years of age and has size...

https://www.nrl.com/news/2016/12/23/titans-snare-next-petero-from-storm/
The Titans have continued to add to their impressive playing roster for 2017 by securing Fijian international Ben Nakubuwai.

Likened to legendary Queensland and Kangaroos prop Petero Civoniceva, Nakubuwai was first spotted by the Storm playing junior football in the Riverina and has been part of their development squads since his early teens.

The rangy front-rower has played 42 games for the Storm in the under-20s competition the past two seasons but has chosen to pursue his first grade career on the Gold Coast.

The similarities to Civoniceva are striking and like the former Bronco, Nakubuwai spent some of his formative years in the outside backs.

Just 20 years of age and close to finishing his university degree in sports science, Nakubuwai stands at 194 centimetres tall and weighs 108 kilograms, his physical presence evident in training sessions with seasoned first-graders.

Born in Leeton, Nakubuwai's father Pio was a dual international for Fiji in rugby league and rugby union and Ben was this year named in the NYC's Academic Team of the Year.

Nakubuwai played in Fiji's 24-22 loss to Papua New Guinea in May and in the team named to play Samoa in October was listed as Petero (Ben) Nakubuwai.

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
Schneider may be ready next season.

I'd only sign project players unless can move on Ferguson or MJ.
Happy to let young juniors push for the roles of no 18-25 in our squad
A pathway.

Hethrington or Bryce Cartwright would be ok project players. Low risk high reward if cheap enough.

Nathaniel Roache also might be a cheekie one. Good player if he could stay fit.

Bryce cartwright low risk? Are you joking, Hindy?

SneakyEel

Juniors
Hey fellas,
What do you guys think of Josh Reynolds on a 1 year deal with an option in Eels favour as a replacement for injured D Brown? Considering that he probably wants to leave the Tigers and play some footy/finals footy, could be good as he is experienced and is a smart footballer. He also gets the opportunity to show clubs what he can do with a strong forward back.

Hey fellas,
What do you guys think of Josh Reynolds on a 1 year deal with an option in Eels favour as a replacement for injured D Brown? Considering that he probably wants to leave the Tigers and play some footy/finals footy, could be good as he is experienced and is a smart footballer. He also gets the opportunity to show clubs what he can do with a strong forward back.
Oh you're asking for it. But I'm sure the transfer window is closed anyway.

Welcome merkin.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Hey fellas,
He seems like a ballbag. Anyhow, I assume you mean for this year, and it's too late. If it wasn't, Benji or Keiran would be better. Or even Daly Cheery Evans on a 4 game deal.

84 Baby

Referee
Hey fellas,
Can we sign anyone else for this season? We’re not the Rorters

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd put it in this order as far as shopped around

1. BLAKE - EXPENSIVE MISTAKE
2. FERGUSON - PAST IT.
3. SIVO - EXPOSED
4. MOSES - I doubt it but possible

There is nobody else who would be a possibility. Id put all my eggs on 1,2 or 3.

Chipmunk

Coach
I'd put it in this order as far as shopped around

1. BLAKE - EXPENSIVE MISTAKE
2. FERGUSON - PAST IT.
3. SIVO - EXPOSED
4. MOSES - I doubt it but possible

There is nobody else who would be a possibility. Id put all my eggs on 1,2 or 3.

Expensive mistake? Maybe for Penrith.

hindy111

Post Whore
Expensive mistake? Maybe for Penrith.

Oh that's right. They are paying half his contract for 5yrs. I forgot. No other clubs wanted him......

More like they paid most of it last season and chipping in a little this one and then its full freight. Hence why we want him gone,

Latest posts