What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We’ve all been conned.

hindy111

Post Whore
When MON signed The Bern went into detail as to how BA was responsible for the footy team and that BA didnt report to him. I thought it weird at the time given what The Review uncovered to go public on that situation. It was obviously to appease BA who looked to be keen to do it all.
Id like to think that was all pi** & wind.
If BA was solely responsible id suggest the AFL merkin would still be in charge and we would not have initiated our R, R&Negotiation committee. MON, The Administrators mate and The Board must be pulling the strings or else whats the point of having them.
Get it done team. Lets get BA support good enough to take his job.
We have the players. Lets finish the jigsaw.

Agree finish the jigsaw.

images (17).jpeg

hindy111

Post Whore
Sometimes you make a change for the worse. But atleast your tried.
We could sign a new coach and go backwards and people on here winge we should of kept BA.
I reckon the is 3 or 4 coaches who stay as long as they want at a club. The rest probably need to be cycled every 3-5yrs.

Coaches like players get stale and need a change. Some just get worked out and unable to bring a new game plan.

Paul Green and Madge won titles. So did Des. They are decent coaches. All where punted at some stage.

I would prefer a coaching change but not completely against BA staying on. He does have some good qualities and knows what type of squad you need to be succesfull. That is a positive. He also is a good bloke.Someone you'd love to see win the title.

People say this is our window. I think that's false. Don't let your cap go out of control and your always a chance. I still think next season we will be stronger. Once D.Brown is a seasoned NRL player.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Arthur's buys his water from Timorese street vendors who gather used bottles, fill them up from one of the cleaner puddles and then spot glue the tamper-ring back to the cap. It's perfectly safe to drink.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Brad Arthur in the lead up to last weeks game against the Bunnies.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Sometimes you make a change for the worse. But atleast your tried.
We could sign a new coach and go backwards and people on here winge we should of kept BA.
I reckon the is 3 or 4 coaches who stay as long as they want at a club. The rest probably need to be cycled every 3-5yrs.

Coaches like players get stale and need a change. Some just get worked out and unable to bring a new game plan.

Paul Green and Madge won titles. So did Des. They are decent coaches. All where punted at some stage.

I would prefer a coaching change but not completely against BA staying on. He does have some good qualities and knows what type of squad you need to be succesfull. That is a positive. He also is a good bloke.Someone you'd love to see win the title.

People say this is our window. I think that's false. Don't let your cap go out of control and your always a chance. I still think next season we will be stronger. Once D.Brown is a seasoned NRL player.

Madge/Green were punted after 2-3 years of shit. Cowboys haven’t made the finals for 3 and are getting worse each year after some big signings. Souths didn’t make the finals for 2 years. Additionally both lost the dressing shed.

Hasler was a bit unlucky, he was a victim of the dogs boars dramas, Barrett will have the same problem.

of the 3 only Hasler has shown he can rebuild a club. Madge has pretty much taken a tigers side over in a similar position to what BA had with the eels. And Madge is struggling big time. Next year is his third year, compared that to BA’s 3rd year with us, he had us as contenders before the shit storm arrived....tigers are looking unlikely again next year....

if a coach continues to regularly get their side to made the finals each year with some top 4 finishers, it’s pretty unlikely they were be sacked unless a top line elite coach comes available.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Been scratching my head why we extended BA for one more year (to included 2022). Doesnt make sense. Thought we would wait till mid 2021 before he signed again, if warranted

Then it hit me

Thanks to Pou's Succession squad thread, the answer is there (I believe)

Gutho, Moses, Mahoney are all contracted till end of 2022 - same as BA (DBrown to end of 2023)

My theory is there possibly could be a massive cleanout of coach and spine for 2023 and beyond (without us having to pay to sack people). A new coach would have to be appointed mid 2022 or so, to start to build his squad, particularly the spine players. Which may include all, or some, or none of our current crop?

So we got this year and next year (and early 2022) as a stable spine who love playing for BA to become serious contenders, and at least a grand final appearance

I could be thinking too much into it, or maybe the board does have some strategies in place

Avenger

Immortal
Since round 13, we have only scored 10 tries. The lowest in the league. The coaching staff are clueless.

BA has no foresight and is a shit tactical coach. It’s not all about effort and completions you stupid bald merkin.

Get some help or f**k off.

hindy111

Post Whore
Since round 13, we have only scored 10 tries. The lowest in the league. The coaching staff are clueless.

BA has no foresight and is a shit tactical coach. It’s not all about effort and completions you stupid bald merkin.

Get some help or f**k off.

The most frustrating thing is he doesn't see a problem. He think it comes down to mistakes or not much possession. Yes these are factors but not the sole reasons which is what BA seem to alude to after every loss

Noise

Coach
The most frustrating thing is he doesn't see a problem. He think it comes down to mistakes or not much possession. Yes these are factors but not the sole reasons which is what BA seem to alude to after every loss
He genuinely thinks effort will win you the premiership. He is a genuine idiot.

Noise

Coach
I'm just glad we extended Bradley's contract. It would have been terrible if a strong club like the Dogs, Warriors or Dragons signed him for 2022.

Soto

Bench
I'm just glad we extended Bradley's contract. It would have been terrible if a strong club like the Dogs, Warriors or Dragons signed him for 2022.
Lol..give him til the end of the year.
We seriously need a Cronk, Thurston or Ennis as a fulltime assistant coach..i know Furston wont do it but we need an astute footy brain in the coaching ranks. We don't seem to have the smarts on the field or in the box

Noise

Coach
Lol..give him til the end of the year.
We seriously need a Cronk, Thurston or Ennis as a fulltime assistant coach..i know Furston wont do it but we need an astute footy brain in the coaching ranks. We don't seem to have the smarts on the field or in the box
He's had plenty of time. It's his 7th year and we have 1 finals win in that time. As many finals wins as spoons.

Latest posts